Hello From Sunny Miami

DennisMiller

Reaction score
Handicap
7 +/-
And thank god it's sunny today because I have a lesson in about 2 hours!

I just joined at the recommendation of a friend who has been a member for quite a while.

My name is Dennis Miller. I'm originally from Louisville, Ky, but I've lived in Miami, Florida now for 34 years with a 6 year stint in Jamaica between the two. I'm an avid golfer to say the least, crazy as most of us are. I eat, sleep and think about golf all day, or at least when I'm not thinking about playing guitar.

I'm married to my college sweetheart for 41 years now. We have 2 kids and 3 grandchildren, plus a little 4 legged child who was supposed to be just a dog when we got him.

I was an assistant professional at Hunting Creek Country Club near Louisville after college, but I didn't stick with it and got my amateur status back. Most of my working life was my own company and I retired the first time 20 years ago. I got bored and went back to work as the Youth Director, then Executive Director at my synagogue. I retired again 5 years ago. This time I think it might stick.

For the fun of it, I work a couple days a week running a golf course in southwest Miami. I try to play 18 at least once a week, but I'l also try to get in a quick 9 holes a couple days a week. I've started a diet, some golf specific exercises and lessons in an attempt to regain some semblance of the game I used to have. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I look forward to meeting all of you in the forum...

Welcome to THP Dennis!!!

Welcome to the forum Dennis, nice intro!

THP will be down your way in September I believe!

Welcome to THP!! What a great intro.

Welcome to THP. Based off your bio, I'd say you've come to the right place!

Welcome to THP and I am Jealous of your Sunny warm weather.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome from a very wet and windy UK

Welcome to THP! I could use some sun and warm weather right now, ha.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP Dennis

Welcome to THP. Glad you decided to join.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to thp Dennis!

Welcome to THP! Thanks for the background story, good stuff

Welcome Dennis! Good stuff right there!

Welcome to THP Dennis! Glad to have you here.

Welcome to the team Dennis!

:welcome: nice intro Dennis.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP, Dennis!!

Welcome to THP!!!

Nice to meet you!

Back