Rocco's Commercial

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Love to see Rocco getting some Callaway love with the Diablo commercial. He has the all black on in it too.

Is he gaming this?

• Admin
He was at Transitions.

Love Rocco. He is a great guy.

• Admin
I would love to see him make a run in one of the majors this year.

I would love to see him make a run in one of the majors this year.

Me too. He did great in the Open against Tiger. He would be fun to play with. It seems like he loves to joke.

• Admin
At the Transitions we got to hang with him a bit and he is a great guy. Love this new ad.

There's a pretty good article about Rocco in the Callaway magazine that I get every month or two.

He does seem like he'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

I agree that Rocco's funny, quirky, and seems awfully nice. Therefore, I wonder a bit at the editorial approach of his commercial: I'm surprised they didn't opt for something that would feature him as funny, quirky, and nice. Instead they borrowed a page from Slazenger and went heavy on the dark, powerful hitter theme (if a much, much better job than Slazenger). Compare the commercial with Boo and VJ hitting balls at each other -- that was funny. I don't dislike the Rocco commercial, it just seemed like something of a missed opportunity to me given that they had Rocco as their subject.

I agree WSE, I was just waiting for Roc to bust out laughing when he left that trailer....BTW the diablo has got to be the fugliest club to date for Callaway

Its GG's favorite, she loves the looks of it. I dont know what I think about it other than to say that it works. But either way, I am glad Rocco gets some press.

Back