Big Break - Indian Wells [Spoilers]

I hope you're joking, I think we are all forgetting about the "legendary ball striker" that could beat anyone in an 18 hole match, and is "more likely to chip it in, than bogey" when off the green. That guy was soooooo Good.

How could I possibly forget him? You do know he holds 6, yes SIX COURSE RECORDS!

I think the final pair is probably just about right. Those two seemed to have the most game going through the whole show. I'm pulling for David though. Something about that Kent guy's demeanor just makes me want to hit him in the face with a putter.

David has definately played thorugh the most adversity on the show so I would pick him. He seems pretty steady.

I like how they edit the show to make it more dramatic, rather than showing the shots when they should actually be taken haha.. At one point, Kent hits his long of the pin but they show him hitting first.. As it zoomed out, there is Carl's unplayed on camera shot sitting in the middle of the green haha. Classic.

Anyways, all Canada final = woot! I am cheering for David.

I've got to go with the guy with the best short game. That's David. And how Carl ever made that many clutch shots is absolutely amazing.

Will Lowery...best third person trash talker ever. I have nightmares about that grip.

Will Lowery...best third person trash talker ever. I have nightmares about that grip.

Have you tried hitting a driver with that grip? I did it a few weekends ago to see what it was like. It worked for me about as well as it did for Will on last nights show...

Have you tried hitting a driver with that grip? I did it a few weekends ago to see what it was like. It worked for me about as well as it did for Will on last nights show...
I've tried putting and chipping and about broke my wrist on the chip. I don't have the stones to try a driver swing. The guy folded at the first sign of adversity, I knew that grip would never hold up to any kind of pressure.

That's why this show needs more head to head and round robin golf...it's a golf show for pros looking to play in a PGA Tour event...not a freakin' skills challenge!

I've been tempted to try that grip just for the fun of it, recently did the golf digest challenge thing and the pro that evaulated my swing said he wanted my downswing to look like my back swing, maybe turning my grip around will make that happen.

That's why this show needs more head to head and round robin golf...it's a golf show for pros looking to play in a PGA Tour event...not a freakin' skills challenge!

Very well said!! I really don't see what this show reflects on the quality of the player.. I don't want to knock on a specific guy because he certainly did better than I ever could imagine, but Carl has one of the most technically unsound swings I have ever seen and it works from time to time, but it's pretty clear with a LOT of those guys that consistency is hardly a common thing.

Very well said!! I really don't see what this show reflects on the quality of the player.. I don't want to knock on a specific guy because he certainly did better than I ever could imagine, but Carl has one of the most technically unsound swings I have ever seen and it works from time to time, but it's pretty clear with a LOT of those guys that consistency is hardly a common thing.
Will Lowery said he is the best worst golfer I've ever seen or they complimented him on his mental toughness. I mean he has to be mentally tough with all of the ups and downs of his round. I want to know what he was writing in that notebook as well.

There is just too much pressure on one single shot early in the show. Let them play more golf and not put the pressure on a setup bunker shot. It's silly. That's why the last shows are great, you get to see more golf.

When David missed the come-backer on the last hole I almost fell off the couch! Of course he had a shot to spare and made the one footer to win the match.

Will Lowery said he is the best worst golfer I've ever seen or they complimented him on his mental toughness. I mean he has to be mentally tough with all of the ups and downs of his round. I want to know what he was writing in that notebook as well.

There is just too much pressure on one single shot early in the show. Let them play more golf and not put the pressure on a setup bunker shot. It's silly. That's why the last shows are great, you get to see more golf.

Thats been my issue with this entire season, its all been a chipping and putting competition. It took over a month to see some actual head to head golf played. Over half the players left because they lost a putt putt competition.

First off, I'll say that I do really like the show. That said, even when they're playing head-to-head golf, I feel like they chop up and edit the shots so much that I have no sense of the ball flight. If they hit a good shot, I want to track it through the air from one angle. If they hit a bad shot, I want to track it through the air from one angle. I find it harder to appreciate the golf otherwise.

Just got caught up last night. Kent wins, hands down. I've said that for 3-5 weeks now, with a break for Petey, because I thought he had the best swing and overall game of them all. Truthfully, I'm pretty sure after Kent's little mishap last episode he will practice that right out of his system.

Will folded under the pressure, completely, which was to be expected. He needs to get his mind in order. It's not football, check your emotions in at the door.

Taking Kent, said he had the best game from like week 2. Nice to see an all Canadian final, just thought I would throw that in there.

I wonder how much those guys actually play that course while in the competition?
There were some pretty questionable golf shots hit.
Although, there were also some amazing saves!

Kent and David have an equal chance at winning I believe.
I gotta pull for David. He's playing well right now.

I wonder how much those guys actually play that course while in the competition?
There were some pretty questionable golf shots hit.
Although, there were also some amazing saves!

Kent and David have an equal chance at winning I believe.
I gotta pull for David. He's playing well right now.

Totally agree. I think I could hit the ball with more consistency than those guys last night. Ugh.

I'm rooting for David, he may be canadian but went to school right near here and is always sporting the Detroit hat. :)

Sheesh finally caught up with this weeks episode off the DVR last night.... I was NOT surprised by the results. Everytime I saw Carl swing I cringed. I couldn't believe Kent almost let him win that one, but Carl kept making crazy shots! Will Lowery. That's all I'll say.

I think the whole thing with only chipping and putting was to kind of put them in pressure situations with the scoring portion of the game. I could be way off but I think it really showed who had some mental toughness (with the exception of Will) and who could handle the same pressure they might see at the Zurich or on tour if you will. Most seemed able to make all the shots, but making ONE SHOT in a pressure situation, isn't that what golf is all about as well?

I guess that's just my misguided interpretation and making excuses for the producers...

I just starting watching the show recently. I was surprised on how ugly many of the contestants' swings were.

I was sad to see Carl go. He was making some amazing recovery shots. Definitely made it exciting to watch.

I agree with the comment about the horrid editing. All the shots of the actual golf play were so cut up it was distracting. And, every time there was a break, when they returned, you were forced to see the last 15 seconds they showed before break. Completely unnecessary.

I wish some resort would host big break style competition for the guests. I think it would be a pretty big draw. I know that I would do it.

What a unique final. Just starting to watch it now.

David wins the first 2 holes.

The first five holes is for the rest of the banks money.
The next 6 holes is for each others money.

ANd they halve hole 3. Next hole worth $7,000.
And . . . .another commercial.

Back