How Long Does Your Glove Last?

I typically play 3-6 rounds a month plus a similar number of range visits. I use the same glove all season and change out to a new one at the start of the next since I find they tend to stiffen up over a couple of months of sitting waiting for the weather to warm up enough for the clubs to come out again.

I got a Nike Tech Xtreme a few months ago and it's been holding up pretty well, still staying soft and doesn't have any holes yet. My bag has an elastic mesh for holding gloves so I just stick the glove in there after each round or practice and it would still get pretty good ventilation. One thing I don't like about the glove though is that the washing instructions label is WAY too big (about 2 inches long) and it gets pretty uncomfortable if you leave it in the glove. If you try to just tear it off it would mess up the threads...

I use Mizuno gloves and Im able to get a year out of them playing 2-3 rounds per week. I find that the Retroflex lasts the longest. This year I tried the Dualflex and its nice and doesnt tear but it doesnt stay tacky as long as the Retroflex does.
Before I used Mizuno gloves I tried various Footjoy ones and never found one that last any longer than a month or 2 without getting really slick. I also gave Nike gloves a shot and they just didnt fit my hand well.

Hirzl and Bionic last me close to a year in the FL sun.
Other brands I get about a month or two tops out of.
Try putting them in a ziplock after use. OEM Kevin was doing this and I tried it and it works.

I agree about the Hirzl, awesome glove, I have had mine for like 3 months and it will last the rest of the year

My gloves tend to last about 2-3 months (~50-60 rounds). After about a dozen rounds, they do start to get hard, but by the time I warm up and practice for awhile they always loosen up.

I played a total of just over 75 rounds since May and went through four gloves. I usually buy two at a time and rotate each round or range session, they seem to last a little long this way.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I've been playing with the Targa glove for a couple of months now and I get about a month or two out of it. I know it gets hard after a week or so, but after 3 shots warming up it is nice and soft again and ready to go.

I picked up a Hirzl Trust Feel glove and that thing lasted 3x longer than any glove I have ever owned. Plus, it was more "grippy" than any glove I have ever used as well. Great glove!

I change them out about every month, sometimes sooner depending on how much I sweat. I really like the ziplock idea, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Several years ago the better WS worked well for me and would come out of the washer and dryer like new, the current ones wear fast and don't fit my hand well, so I have tried several different brands with not much luck, currently trying Srixons which are better than anything else I have tried but would not pay full price for them. My next purchase will be Hirzl, as Jrod said Hawk's Hirzl has held up really well and I liked the feel of the leather when it was new, and it stayed like new for a loooooong time. Expensive yes but if it holds up as long for me as it has for Hawk it will be money well spent and cheaper than other top line gloves in the long run.

I picked up a Hirzl Trust Feel glove and that thing lasted 3x longer than any glove I have ever owned. Plus, it was more "grippy" than any glove I have ever used as well. Great glove!

This ^^^^

I'm digging it here in the humidity and I sweat buckets. I've had mine for a month now and there's no sign of wear on it at all. Worth a check out.

I'm not sure. Some longer than others. I like a newer glove, usually have two or three new ones in my bag, and switch on a whim before playing. If I'm going to play what I think is an important round, for me anyway, I usually go with new. The R11 gloves I played this year last longer than the FJ or Titleist I played for years. They're nice and soft, too, but the leather seems thicker and they don't fit nice and tight like the FJ or Titleists.

I only like gloves that are all white and all leather. I guess I probably switch every six to eight rounds. I have a bunch of older gloves in a zip lock and I use them on the range.

Kevin

I've been spending too much $$ replacing FJ Stasofs, I've just ordered a Hirzl Trust Feel after reading here. If everything I read holds true, it would work wonders here in hot/humid South Florida.

I usually get around 4 months before they start to get big holes in them. Though in the past 2 months I've gone through 3. I suppose thats what you get for forgetting them at the golf course :bashful:.

Since I play a ton of golf, I can really go through a lot of gloves. I was cleaning out my bag yesterday and took two old leather gloves out and was going to throw them away. I decided to throw them in the washer with some golf towels just to see how they did. After washing them I hung them up to air dry. I had one of the glove holders I use on my bag that molded one of them nicely and just hung the other one on the hanger. Tonight I got them and rubbed some leather lotion on them which softened them up nicely. They don't really look a lot better but at least they are cleaner. They held up well. They are wet in this pic.

What manufacturers do you recommended in gloves that actually last a while? My most recent FJ gloves made it through 1 round before splitting by the fingers? Normal or just my luck?

I recommend highly, hirzl gloves. There is a large testing thread. The only reason why it's not being played is it smells. I put more than 35 rounds on it and who knows how many range sessions. Those things grip like no other glove, are cool(temp), and last... Oh do they last! I would argue that 90% of people who tried them would concur.

I use Players gloves for my rounds and the slightly thicker Ping gloves on the range. I keep rotating gloves through a round, keeping them off between shots and drying. I use 3 per round and after I put the up on those finger type holders. Normal wear in the palm pad sends them in the trash after about 12 rounds or so, put they are still supple and not dried out like a pork rind. It's what you do with them after each round that keeps em alive longer.

Hirzl and Bionic last me close to a year in the FL sun.
Other brands I get about a month or two tops out of.
Try putting them in a ziplock after use. OEM Kevin was doing this and I tried it and it works.
interesting, i will have to try this.

I played FJ gloves for years mainly because they were always readily available in RH. I tried a TM Tour Preferred glove a few weeks ago and really liked the soft feel. Unfortunately, it is not holding up very well. I estimate it will have 1/2 the shelf life of the last FJ I used. I am really interested in trying the Hirzl. I loved the glove that Boz from Vision provided in the golf ball test pack, but unfortunately they only offer LH. My friend is using it and absolutely loves it.

I buy blemished FJ StaSofs from a local store for $9 ea. Can't beat that. They last me about 15 rounds I'd guess.

I used three gloves during an hour and half range session yesterday. At that rate I can use a three glove rotation about a month to 6 weeks

Kongfrontation

Back