Morgan Cup Entry Videos - What Do I Need To Know?

Was talking to my wife this morning about trying to figure out an idea for my intro video. She grabbed my iphone, turned on the camera and told me to wing it. So, I did, and I have to say that what I came up with on the spot was better than anything I have been racking my brain for.

After that, my excitement for the Morgan Cup 2.0 which is already high, absolutely went through the roof! I wanted to grab my flip and reshoot my video, polished up a bit right then and there, but I had to leave for work :banghead:.

Going to get the intro video finished up tonight, the excitement level for me just multiplied big time!

Every take of my intro video was a slight version of the first but the message was the same. I filmed it on the spot and from the heart. 30 seconds is not enough time to do this event justice but I packed some soul into my 30. Now it's up to the panel. Some of my outtakes are humorous.

I think I am going to go with this method. I always tend to do better on the fly, rather than scripted versions.

IMO opinions this is the way to go. It makes the real you come out

Every take of my intro video was a slight version of the first but the message was the same. I filmed it on the spot and from the heart. 30 seconds is not enough time to do this event justice but I packed some soul into my 30. Now it's up to the panel. Some of my outtakes are humorous.

I wonder how hard it will be for me to repeat this mornings performance? haha, we will see tonight!

Also, after the participants are selected, a Morgan Cup Intro/Promo Outtakes thread could be downright comical!

Also, after the participants are selected, a Morgan Cup Intro/Promo Outtakes thread could be downright comical!

No doubt, none of my unused stuff is being deleted!

Was talking to my wife this morning about trying to figure out an idea for my intro video. She grabbed my iphone, turned on the camera and told me to wing it. So, I did, and I have to say that what I came up with on the spot was better than anything I have been racking my brain for.

After that, my excitement for the Morgan Cup 2.0 which is already high, absolutely went through the roof! I wanted to grab my flip and reshoot my video, polished up a bit right then and there, but I had to leave for work :banghead:.

Going to get the intro video finished up tonight, the excitement level for me just multiplied big time!

Nice! I usually perform best when my wife grabs the camera too!

Nice! I usually perform best when my wife grabs the camera too!

The videos are suppose to last 30 secs!

Thinking hard about it.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

If I do videos. I'm doing them Sunday. I think I have a pretty good idea for the audition video. Im still thinking about promo tho. So I guess we will see.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

If I do videos. I'm doing them Sunday. I think I have a pretty good idea for the audition video. Im still thinking about promo tho. So I guess we will see.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

What do you mean if? I truly hope you are planning on it.

During my range session today I saw something interesting..take a look

Just shared this with the wife. Tears in my eyes right now from laughing. And we agree....MC 2.0 needs the "token" vegan.

Tappin' from my iPad!

LOL at the cookie promo. Nice job, Tadashi!

Sunday is supposed to be 65 and sunny in NW Ohio! Perfect day to film my videos.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Sunday is supposed to be 65 and sunny in NW Ohio! Perfect day to film my videos.

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Nice. You gonna rock that pink RX for your promo?

I'm find this harder than I thought it would be. Anyone else? If you don't mind how you getting your ideas?

I'm find this harder than I though it would be. Anyone else? If you don't mind how you getting your ideas?

Which one are you having a tough time with? Promo or the audition?

Which one are you having a tough time with? Promo or the audition?

Lil of both but id say more audition. Promo is kinda basic it's just getting the good details and selling it.

Lil of both but id say more audition. Promo is kinda basic it's just getting the good details and selling it.

I think the auditions are going to different depending on the person. I think you can't go wrong showing your personality. Think about why you want in, what it would be like if you were, and what you can bring to the table. Then say it all really fast haha

I'm find this harder than I thought it would be. Anyone else? If you don't mind how you getting your ideas?

Honestly, I just winged it. Just started talking/rambling and was myself. You know in your head what you want to say, just get it out there. Grab your camera and just go with it, look at what you say, then refine it a bit and you will be good to go.

Honestly, I just winged it. Just started talking/rambling and was myself. You know in your head what you want to say, just get it out there. Grab your camera and just go with it, look at what you say, then refine it a bit and you will be good to go.

True, good advice. Prolly the best bet rather then over thinking it.

This is exactly what I'd do. Do a few takes until I got it right.

I think the auditions are going to different depending on the person. I think you can't go wrong showing your personality. Think about why you want in, what it would be like if you were, and what you can bring to the table. Then say it all really fast haha

Also good advice here...
I'm starting to formulate my ideas and hopefully I'll get to some "takes" this weekend
I think the 30 seconds might be tough! I could probably petition for a spot on the MC2.0 team for 30 minutes or more!

Back