Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad news guys, I can't make it. Wedding anniversay is the 17th and the wifey wants to go away that weekend.

So are you still getting outdriven by a 3w? lol

My game is starting to come back as well. I shot an 89 yesterday that really should have been an 79 if not for a few blow up holes. I narrowly missed 4 birdie putts and made 1. I finished the round with 36 putts which absolutely sucked! When I say my putting sucked, I am serious. I missed 2 birdie putts that were inside 10 feet and one of them was only about 4 feet. I was playing on Bermuda and just misread the putts. I am starting to get used to these bent greens and it is showing when I go back to Bermuda. My driver is pretty good right now and my irons are just about back to where they used to be. Once I pull my putting together, I think I might be dangerous!

Bad news guys, I can't make it. Wedding anniversay is the 17th and the wifey wants to go away that weekend.

You suck! Wish you could come bro. I hate it for ya, but you gotta keep the old lady happy.

So are you still getting outdriven by a 3w? lol

haha, oh yeah, I forgot about that. Butters out drove me with a 3 wood when I was using a driver. We were both right in the middle of the fairway and I was just about 1 yard behind him. I hung my head in shame.

Hopefully, I'm in the downside of my almost-like-clockwork slump. I certainly hope to be fixed in a month. I have a horrible reverse-pivot thing going on. Boo.

That's what I am hoping too buddy, I equate my golf to a sine wave, ~ always moving and always heading one way or the other.

Totally understand the family gigs. Maybe next year it will work out for ya!

You suck! Wish you could come bro. I hate it for ya, but you gotta keep the old lady happy.

haha, oh yeah, I forgot about that. Butters out drove me with a 3 wood when I was using a driver. We were both right in the middle of the fairway and I was just about 1 yard behind him. I hung my head in shame.

I hang my head in shame often, distance and DD are not things that go hand in hand. :embarrassed:

The thing is Seth usually has plenty of distance if the ball is going in the right direction. I have seen him smoke it out there plenty of times. Heck last time I played with him at Hard Labor Creek he was killing the big stick!

p.s. Dawg -- We downloaded the gps app for my new smart phone and I love it! Works great!

The thing is Seth usually has plenty of distance if the ball is going in the right direction. I have seen him smoke it out there plenty of times. Heck last time I played with him at Hard Labor Creek he was killing the big stick!

p.s. Dawg -- We downloaded the gps app for my new smart phone and I love it! Works great!

You are right about that, Seth can get it out there, when we played Indian Creek I hit one I was very proud of and then he teed off and was every bit of 50 yards in front of me. Whew, that boy can hit it.

Thanks guys! I would take straight over long any day though. It is bad when I have a wedge into a green and still miss it lol.

Thanks guys! I would take straight over long any day though. It is bad when I have a wedge into a green and still miss it lol.

I know what ya mean good buddy. I have been playing my arse off and then when September hit, it's like I forgot something? Some little element just pftttt left the bldg or my mind in this case. I plan on getting it back soon as I have been keeping notes on a little pad in my golf bag. Key swing thoughts that work for me but the hardest thing to overcome is the sideways shot. I even hate to say the word but man those critters are hateful!!!

I agree. I hate hitting a good drive and then screwing up the short irons. I did that all this past weekend. I still dream every night about the D2 that is coming, haha.

I believe this is the weekend MaryC is headed to Georgia to spend a little time in our neck of the woods. Some golf Saturday and Sunday with her is on the schedule!

If I can give anone a piece of advice ...its play up a little at Old Union. The back 2 tee boxes are brutal

I agree with OT here. That course is LONG.

I was hitting hybrids on most of the par three holes from the white tees last trip. Yep it is a beast of a course for sure!

I believe this is the weekend MaryC is headed to Georgia to spend a little time in our neck of the woods. Some golf Saturday and Sunday with her is on the schedule!

I would love to come over and meet MaryC in person, maybe even taste some of her baking. If you don't have full groups please let me know.

If I can give anone a piece of advice ...its play up a little at Old Union. The back 2 tee boxes are brutal

I agree with OT here. That course is LONG.

I was hitting hybrids on most of the par three holes from the white tees last trip. Yep it is a beast of a course for sure!

OK, you guys have convinced me to play up, OG is longer than me and if he was hitting hybrids to par 3's that means I must move up.

Yea I will keep you in the loop so we can let you meet her. It should be a fun weekend for sure with the cookiemaker coming to town lol!

The total distance is a bit deceptive. I have only been there once and the whites weren't that long except lots of holes had creeks cutting across so you have to lay back, my buddy who played the golds hit into every crossing creek. I came close on several. We had two playing gold and two playing whites. The other guy playing golds is really short and struggled because he has to run everything up onto greens. Old Union is not designed to run many shots up. Most greens require hitting the green. I think he shot 98 and is not planning on going back anyway soon!

They did have 13 (par 3) set up funny. The laser from the white tees showed 244 yards. I gripped down on driver and was about 5 yards long and left but my other buddy playing the whites with me had a wedge left after hitting driver. I don't know if that was a mistake that day that the tee markers were so far back? Is 13 always so much longer than the score card distance? It was a fun course though.

The total distance is a bit deceptive. I have only been there once and the whites weren't that long except lots of holes had creeks cutting across so you have to lay back, my buddy who played the golds hit into every crossing creek. I came close on several. We had two playing gold and two playing whites. The other guy playing golds is really short and struggled because he has to run everything up onto greens. Old Union is not designed to run many shots up. Most greens require hitting the green. I think he shot 98 and is not planning on going back anyway soon!

They did have 13 (par 3) set up funny. The laser from the white tees showed 244 yards. I gripped down on driver and was about 5 yards long and left but my other buddy playing the whites with me had a wedge left after hitting driver. I don't know if that was a mistake that day that the tee markers were so far back? Is 13 always so much longer than the score card distance? It was a fun course though.

Lefty - I think when we played there last fall, we were playing the white tees, but a lot of them seemed to be the blue tee yardages. I remember that #10 for example was playing around 600 yards from the whites. I don't remember the exact yardage of #13 that day, but I think it was in the 210 range or so.

A lot of times the courses in that area look long on the card, but don't play as long due to downhill elevation changes. Old Union (since it basically has no elevation changes) plays every bit of those yardages even if the tees were as listed.

They had the par 3 holes set up where most were over 200 yds from the white tees when we played so yea I was banging away with my hybrid clubs. When the wind is in your face and you are facing some of those tough bunkers, it makes for a tough test of golf. You definitely have to hit the ball up in the air as it's not a pitch and run type of golf course!

I know what ya mean good buddy. I have been playing my arse off and then when September hit, it's like I forgot something? Some little element just pftttt left the bldg or my mind in this case. I plan on getting it back soon as I have been keeping notes on a little pad in my golf bag. Key swing thoughts that work for me but the hardest thing to overcome is the sideways shot. I even hate to say the word but man those critters are hateful!!!

Holy cow me too. September hasn't been good to me. Hoping the remedy comes by mid October for sure.

Tappitytaptapatalk

Lefty - I think when we played there last fall, we were playing the white tees, but a lot of them seemed to be the blue tee yardages. I remember that #10 for example was playing around 600 yards from the whites. I don't remember the exact yardage of #13 that day, but I think it was in the 210 range or so.

A lot of times the courses in that area look long on the card, but don't play as long due to downhill elevation changes. Old Union (since it basically has no elevation changes) plays every bit of those yardages even if the tees were as listed.

your right buddy, the had moved the whites back that day and "forgot" to let us know. I got to 5 and the tire on our cart was flat so when the guy brought us a new one, I asked him about it,....thats when we found out the truth....haha

Testing from smart phone. Man this is cool but my typing is slow. Better than no access at all huh?

Testing from smart phone. Man this is cool but my typing is slow. Better than no access at all huh?

use the talk to text feature. of course if you're phone is anything like mine it wont understand half of what you say.

Back