Is Adam Scott Relevant?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He put up another big number today at +5. He has really not been contending on the weekend in quite some time. He was Titleist's main guy just a short time ago and Burberry created their golf line around him. Then they got rid of him, he supposedly signed with Ashworth (which never happened) and his game since his "surfing injury" has never been the same.

With all that said, will he compete in 2009?

i dont think so. not at all

Compete, yes. Win, no.

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

does compete mean play in tournaments or make the cut? Not sure what happened to him but he hasn't looked good in quite some time.

• Admin
It seems the consensus is very similar to what people said about Phil heading into this season. hehe.

But I agree with this one, and I will add that it could not happen to a "nicer" guy.

I'm a big Adam Scott fan, and I'm not sure what has happened to him as of late. He's got a great swing, reminicent of Tiger v2005.1. What happened with his surfing injury?

Ben

He needs to get in line for 'Tour Comeback Player of the Year' for 2010

He needs to get his head straight. His swing is awful purdy though.

My wife thinks Adam's the 'hottie' on tour.

She's also got a thing for Hugh Jackman.

Then she wonders why I keep saying no when she asks me if we can take a vacation to Australia. :D

As bad off as he may be I still wouldn't mind trading places with him, lol. I don't know whether Adam Scott is playing below his potential or whether he was just overhyped and over marketed to begin with.

As bad off as he may be I still wouldn't mind trading places with him, lol. I don't know whether Adam Scott is playing below his potential or whether he was just overhyped and over marketed to begin with.

Seeing him play, I think he has game, serious game. He's simply not playing up to his potential. Whether it's become boring, or his mind's just on surfing, I don't know.

GB,
I think everybody out there has serious game. But like other sports, the "killer instinct" that some have set them above the rest. I never thought Scott had that, but so many seemed to. Only time will tell I guess.

My wife thinks Adam's the 'hottie' on tour.

She's also got a thing for Hugh Jackman.

Then she wonders why I keep saying no when she asks me if we can take a vacation to Australia. :D

I'm with your wife!

I thought Hugh Jackman "plays for the other team." (We need a Seinfeld reference emoticon.)

I sure hope not.

Back