Hey slider, hawk, and jrod...tee time is all set for sunday the 24th at 2:15, really looking forward to playing with you guys!

Hey slider, hawk, and jrod...tee time is all set for sunday the 24th at 2:15, really looking forward to playing with you guys!

Very nice. We will have a blast. PM me if you need directions or help finding a hotel.

Posted via Tapatalk

Sounds great! I'm getting anxious already and while I'm not home I still went to the local range and working on some fundamentals.

Right after the natures valley tourney, the following weekend I have club championship! Time to get into form!

The good news is that I should make you guys feel really good about your games hehe.

Posted via Tapatalk

Those pictures were great Hawk. Very cool you get to play it again. Curious what the rates are?

Can't wait to meet some more THP'ers, looking forward to playing on a great course.

88 for weekends, 70 weekdays and 55 twilight I believe.

Reasonable, especially considering you are playing a PGA Tour stop. Hope you guys have a blast when you play again!

Reasonable, especially considering you are playing a PGA Tour stop. Hope you guys have a blast when you play again!

Thanks. It's really a nice track...the conditions are far and away better than anything else within 100 miles.

I have played some nice tracks but never a TPC course yet so I am really looking forward to this! Even better is I will be playing with some THPers. I have checked out Hawks photos and whatever other photos I can find online and it just looks great. So far the best course I have played on is Cog Hill Dubsdread, which I played pretty well, and that is a tough course. Hopefully I can play well on Deere Run as well, especially on the 25th when the Nature Valley tournament takes place. I'm sure Hawk, Slider, and JRod will be able to give me a few good tips on the course strategy.

Number one tip. Stay out of the trees! Hehehe

Really looking forward to teeing it up with you guys.

Is there a pretty narrow landing area on most holes, or are some holes forgiving if you miss it just a little left or right of the fairway? I have been hitting the driver pretty well lately, but if I miss the fairway it is only about 10 yards off the fairway

Is there a pretty narrow landing area on most holes, or are some holes forgiving if you miss it just a little left or right of the fairway? I have been hitting the driver pretty well lately, but if I miss the fairway it is only about 10 yards off the fairway

Nothing amazingly narrow. I believe 6 is very narrow where you need to hit an accurate 240 shot. Other than that, nothing too narrow. Still tough though.

I just can't wait to see it! I keep looking at pics of it all the time, but like many nice courses I'm sure it is just much better in person. Luckily my course has pretty narrow fairways and there isn't much room to miss off the fairway because it was built in the middle of a housing development. Most holes have houses on the left and the right, or trees on one side and houses on the other. My course forces you to be pretty accurate off the tee so I think it will help to my advantage. I'm just so excited and its only 3 weeks away!

There are some pretty narrow holes and there are some that are pretty way open. It seems that missing on approaches can be much more penalizing due to the deep bunkers, which usually have thick woods beside them. Like I said earlier, it's not too penalizing if you hit the ball where you want to.

One of the things I really like about it is there aren't houses, which isn't super common for a 'resort' type course.

Definitely looking forward to watching the John Deere Classic on TV this week to see more of the course. Its always hard to see a lot of the elevation changes on TV though. How are the greens? I'm sure they are nice but do they have a lot of ridges on each green? After they renovated Dubsdread they divided each green into 4 quadrants and basically put a ridge in each quadrant, so unless you hit your approach really close you were always putting across or over a ridge. Are the greens very difficult at Deere Run?

Definitely looking forward to watching the John Deere Classic on TV this week to see more of the course. Its always hard to see a lot of the elevation changes on TV though. How are the greens? I'm sure they are nice but do they have a lot of ridges on each green? After they renovated Dubsdread they divided each green into 4 quadrants and basically put a ridge in each quadrant, so unless you hit your approach really close you were always putting across or over a ridge. Are the greens very difficult at Deere Run?

Not really, and this is why the pro's chew it up. The greens are pretty flat for the most part. It's the one part of the course I'm not a big fan of.

Do they still play pretty fast?

Well, as much of a bummer as that is...it makes me a little more confident about playing the course and being able to post a decent score.

Hey guys my wife is coming along for the weekend just to get out of town, she wants to know what there is to do around Moline. Any good shopping malls or things she and one of her girlfriends would enjoy doing while I'm playing golf?

Hey guys my wife is coming along for the weekend just to get out of town, she wants to know what there is to do around Moline. Any good shopping malls or things she and one of her girlfriends would enjoy doing while I'm playing golf?

This is more Hawk's side of the pond...hopefully he will see this and help you out. The is plenty to do in the QC metro area though. what hotel you guys staying at?

There is a mall on the Iowa side (Davenport) called NorthPark. Everything here is within a 15 minute drive for the most part. There is also a little artsy shopping district in Davenport called the East Village. Let me think a bit and I'll get some ideas for you.

I was instructed to ask what she likes to do, my wife can help out better than I can.

I think she is mostly interested in shopping, lol. I'm sure she won't be able to shop all day Sunday and Monday while I play, so if there are any other suggestions as to what she can do after she runs out of stores that would be great. She is pretty much in to anything. I don't know what hotel we are staying at yet, I still need to make my reservation and will probably just make one on Hotwire. But there are some good rates for hotels in Moline.

Back