TaylorMade xFT Wedges - The Morgan Cup Staff

Clearly the space age denim and safety cone orange crocks are frying Biggsy's brain.

I love the "Jrod" somehow got his hands on xft wedges.

hahaha...I was talking about the fact you said...nice video Jrod on DD's video

Clearly the space age denim and safety cone orange crocks are frying Biggsy's brain.

that space age denim does some crazy things
Clearly there are some major issues here:

1. I've spent way too much time in the sun the past couple of days.

2. I am still hungover from last night...or is it buzzed.

3. My ears are still ringing from all the mortar shells we shot off in celebration of Independence Day.

Evidently I should just crawl back into bed and start the day over.

Oh, nice video DD! :D

Haha, its all good Biggsy. I know JRod has been on your mind a lot lately with the first round pairings and all.

So, I spent an hour at the range today with my three new TaylorMade xFT wedges and came away very impressed. To start, let me say that my last wedges I liked, but did not love, and the were three degrees too upright for me. Enter the new TM xFT wedges 1* flat and wow what a difference. Gone are the draws and hooks I was seeing but just straight ball after straight ball with all three wedges. The weighting is great, feels like the shaft is heavier than the setup I was last playing, or the head is lighter, either way the weighing is different and I much prefer it this way. Turf interaction is great, just cut through the grass at the range like it was butter, with a nice crisp sound at impact. I didn't do any chipping with these today, but I could have easily gone out and played a round today with these in my bag, and not thought twice about it, they are that good for me.

Distances are of course very important with your wedges so that was what I was really looking hard at today. With the 51* I was seeing almost exactly 115 yards of carry, 56* 100 yards carry, and 59* 85 yards of carry, all on full shots. These are the numbers I was shooting for with my loft gapping so it worked out perfectly. Next came pitching, I starting hitting quarter, half, and three quarter pitches with all three wedges to see the ball flight and distances I was getting out of the wedges and I came away very pleased. Again Esox thanks for the advice on the 51* wedge as it might be my favorite of the bunch! No time today for the chipping green, but tomorrow it will be chipping and putting practice day and I will have more on that then.

Lastly for tonight, the KBS Hi-Rev shafts. I've loved the DG spinners when I've hit them outside, and I loved the feel of the KBS Hi-Rev shafts when I've hit them on a monitor, but I've never hit them outside before. They feel great, you can feel them loading and unloading as you would like, but the ball flight is nice and high right where I like the ball to be, and I was worried the ball flight would be a little low for my taste. The only flag with a proper green on the range was at 80 yards, so I picked up the 59* wedge and started hitting balls at that flag, to see what the range balls would do when they hit the green. The spin was surprising! Even with range balls, and the new grooves, I was having balls hit, hop and stop, and one or two even back up a little.

So far after one range session, I'm just loving these wedges, they are great looking, perform amazing well, and when the grooves get a little dull, I'll just throw on a new face plate! How cool is that!

Awesome update CB. Glad to hear the wedges are working for you.

Great first report CB, glad to hear you are enjoying the wedges and they are working for you. I can imagine it is tough for you guys to have to get used to all new equipment and be at top of your game with them in a months time. KEep up the great work and the posts.

Great unboxing video Rbelbin, very different and I really liked it a lot.

haha an on course unboxing! Well done belbin! It's pretty scary that you were closer in 2 than you were with some of your wedges, but I'm sure you will get them dialed down in no time!

Wow. RB, that is an awesome video buddy!

Very nice Belbin...love the creativity

Nice swings there, Junior. You took an Esox size divot on that last one. I'm proud of you. From a 100 yards and in, real men move earth.

Kevin

Pics and write up tomorrow!

Holy pin tucked in the corner batman. Cool unboxing video. That was a unique spin on the process.

CB. Nice initial write-up on the wedges. Well done!

Nice video rbelbin, very creative.

belbin, you keep stepping up the video game! Nice work man, I know you'll have those wedges dialed in soon. Of course, you may not need them all that much if you can hit par 5's in 2 like that and put it that close to the pin!

Great video RB! I loved the creativity dude. That was a healthy divot you took with the 58*.

ahhhhh, so this is why my 50* xFT ZTP was on backorder for so long....

Nice job belbs. Unique process and I enjoyed watching that buddy. You are creative and I always enjoy it when you have your videos up on the forum. Nice birdie too pal.

Nice work, belbs! Extremely creative video.

Where's Esox at? I see him lurking and I'm in the mood for a cheese filled video.

VID.E.O.

Kevin

Great video Kevin! You had me laughing pretty hard about steering me in the wrong direction and "screwing up my wedge gaps". Good stuff man, our wedges are almost exactly the same.

Back