Plus Four or not to Plus Four?

barryboymunro

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I done a search.

Just wondering how many of use would wear Plus Fours on the golf course? I've seen a few people wear them but not that many. My mates would give me a real hard time but i'm thinking of buying a pair and wearing them on the more prestigious courses that I play.

What are your thoughts?

Guess it would be cool to dress up in them and play like in a charity event or something. Not something I would ever wear in a typical round of golf.

I don't think there's even a question in this. Yes every time.

Interesting. I wouldn't buy them for the prestigious courses. I'd think you might stick out. I'd stick to the standard dress code.

iPad tapping!

Get down how ever you want! Plus 4s, shorts, pants, knickers, jeans....what ever you like. If you are comfortable in your dress, who cares what others say.

Nah I'll rock them of course but just wondered if anyone else would, must say they really look cool. Knickers haha that made me laugh

Unless it were some sort of special event, I can't see me wearing them. I'll wear pants or shorts. I can always carry a sign that says "LOOK AT ME" if I need the attention.
Someone else wants to wear them, go ahead.

Now, if we were talking lederhosen...

I like them, but I don't think I would buy them to wear on the course for me. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen them on a course.

I've been thinking about getting a pair, but never got around to it. I still want to.

I'd totally rock a pair out on the course. I'm still trying to find a real Kilt to wear when I play with my brother-in-law just to mess with him. Ha.

Unless it were some sort of special event, I can't see me wearing them. I'll wear pants or shorts. I can always carry a sign that says "LOOK AT ME" if I need the attention.
Someone else wants to wear them, go ahead.

Now, if we were talking lederhosen...

I'd probably say that Plus Fours are less "LOOK AT ME" than say orange Rickie Fowler trousers as the plus fours are a tradition

golf-kilt.jpg
3.jpg
plusfours_yellowblack.jpg

I play in a tournament each spring and one of the guys there wears them, I think they look pretty good on him. I think I am too old and built wrong to pull them off.

I would wear them if I could find some for a decent price. 99, those yellow plaid ones would get worn every other round. Those are now on my bucket list. I'd also wear a kilt if I could find one with my family pattern.

Golfing in a kilt is tricky.

I actually think plus four's look really good. I don't know if I have the guts to wear them though, simply becuase I'm not one to look for attention and I've never seen anyone here wear them. If my game gets a little better, I might find the courage to do it.

Nope, not for me.

Hell yes I would. I'd look like an idiot, some might say moreso than normal, but I think it's a fantastic look. When a few of us went to the Kingdom Experience at Reynolds the staff was wearing plus 4's and I thought it was a classy touch that harkened back to the olden days.

Moisture wicking knickers please!

Back