Nike Method Core Drone Putter

Kinda like it. I don't usually like the odd shaped putter heads, other than the #7, but this one just looks right to me. Not to sure about the double shaft bend and offset.

And apparently I'm well within the minority since I prefer the core over the OG method insert.

I keep waiting for it to transform! It is a great pic with GG's reflection in the shaft, the field of focus and the light capturing the face pattern. Lovely.

This picture is one of my favorite putter pictures I have ever seen. Hats off to GG.

DSC7437-L.jpg

This is one of those putters you have to try to truly appreciate.

I love my NMC, but the design is kinda wild on this one....I'd have to do what you say to see if I'd actually like it or not...

BDG

Is the Method Core "feel" the same as the other Core models?

Sounds very pop gunish to me. A bit suprising at first but it kinda grows on you.

I agree with the others in that it's very Sydneyish to me. I'd love to put the two head to head in a contest. Assuming they perform fairly equal, that's a substantial price difference between the two.

Been looking forward to this putter's release, need to get home so I can see the video.

Not sure about the looks, and I didn't really care for the sound...I probably needed to roll it for myself.

And everybody else is right...GG you are killing it with the camera.....great pics!

This will be in the bag for tomorrow's round. Looking forward to some on course testing.

Ill like the concept but I'm just not a fan of big putters

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I like it! I would love to roll some putts with one, def a different sound

The more I see the more I'd like to at least give it a shot. I didn't think the sound was bad at all.

Just watched that video. That sound is definitely different and not what I expected! I'd be interested to hit that one myself see how it translates for me in feel.

Is the Method Core "feel" the same as the other Core models?

Sounds very pop gunish to me. A bit suprising at first but it kinda grows on you.

I agree with the others in that it's very Sydneyish to me. I'd love to put the two head to head in a contest. Assuming they perform fairly equal, that's a substantial price difference between the two.
That is exactly the sound it reminds me of, the old cap pistols we received for Christmas 55+ years ago. The looks don't appeal to me at first glance, but that does not mean I would not give it a chance. Anything that helps to get the ball in the cup is the only thing that matters.

Honestly not sure if anyone else got this feeling, but to me it sounded like the ping from an aluminum baseball bat. I could be way off, but thats what I heard.

Regardless interesting putter and I want to roll one for sure

Pretty sweet design. I like more of a traditional putter design, but I'd give this one a run.

I was impressed about the overall balance of the putter when I held it in hand. It just give a look like you'd be swinging an anvil, but that's not the case. Very interesting sound.

I was impressed about the overall balance of the putter when I held it in hand. It just give a look like you'd be swinging an anvil, but that's not the case. Very interesting sound.

Good info, 2Shoes. I need to make a trip to Dick's soon and I'll have to see if they have these in stock yet. I've putted pretty well with some very huge and not-pretty putters in the past.

It is, IMO...just a big as you think it is when you see it. The name is certainly perfect for the look.

it sounds like its hitting a really hard ball, even though the ball isn't. must be an insert very different to the likes of TM. Does it have a soft feel off the face

it sounds like its hitting a really hard ball, even though the ball isn't. must be an insert very different to the likes of TM. Does it have a soft feel off the face

Hard to describe really. Its not hard or soft in my opinion. More like unique. I know that does not help, but its really hard to describe. I am bringing it out to a public range this week to get a ton of feedback from golfers. So hopefully more info coming for you.

I have both and like both inserts. The pure roll has more of a tingy metallic sound/feel to it vs the core. That said, to me the core feels closer to a milled face putter.

If you can follow this comparison maybe it'll help. The pure roll feels to me like I'm bumping the ball whereas the core feels like I'm pushing the ball. Firm vs Smooth.

I love the look of the face. Don't like the rest though.

The more I use this one, the more I really like the sound of it. It kind of grows on you and is so unique.

But how do the putts roll. Any less skidding with all the weight behind the face? Solid feel, any fibration?
The more I use this one, the more I really like the sound of it. It kind of grows on you and is so unique.

Back