TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Nice thoughts TC!

I really think the driver feels great in hand. It seems to have a nice weight to it and the head seems a little bit heavier. I like this feel, so I can tell where the head is at in my swing. I really like the feeling of the Fubuki shaft. It doesn't feel to whippy to me, but not as stiff as a board. I think TM really brought it with this driver. The white look on the green grass is such a great contrast. I just love it. I don't know if it will be any different than having a black driver. In comparison to my R9, I feel like the weight is slightly heavier.

I plan on making it to the range tomorrow for a small bucket. I really want to hear the sound that TC talked about. I did look over the different settings and I hope to spend the next week or two dialing it in.

With how well the R11 is doing on tour, I'd say TM should adopt the slogan "Performance & Paint"

Might not be the worst idea. I know my time with it is very limited but I was very impressed. I can't wait to get it on the course. I like launch monitor #'s but I'm also a big fan of on course performance.

Wow it shocks me that they don't have different tee heights. At all our driving ranges here you have options ranging from 2" to 3,5". It still sucks but you can generally get the tee height right.

I had the kid with me today so we went to the not so nice, bring your kids here, driving range.

Might not be the worst idea. I know my time with it is very limited but I was very impressed. I can't wait to get it on the course. I like launch monitor #'s but I'm also a big fan of on course performance.

I had the kid with me today so we went to the not so nice, bring your kids here, driving range.

I hear you. I can't bring the boy to the range yet, he just runs around and tries to grab everyones clubs and balls and I'm positive he is going to get crushed with a club. Looking forward to more thoughts on the R11, this guy or the Razr Hawk will be in my bag at some point this year.

I am hitting my TP R11 with 9 degrees of loft, ASP plate on neutral and 10 weight in heel. I am hitting a medium flight, penetrating ball flight. My Supertri ball flight was a lot higher and I am getting more distance out of the R11. I am hitting it so good I am afraid to mess with the settings.
Good question!

In fact, let's pose it to all R11 users out there. What's your current settings and what are you seeing from it?

Nice write up TC. Its always a relief when you take out an untested shaft/head combo for the first time and come away with some postitive feelings about it. Glad it worked out dude, cant wait to hear how it gets you around the course.

I am hitting my TP R11 with 9 degrees of loft, ASP plate on neutral and 10 weight in heel. I am hitting a medium flight, penetrating ball flight. My Supertri ball flight was a lot higher and I am getting more distance out of the R11. I am hitting it so good I am afraid to mess with the settings.

Sounds like you have a good thing going. Like they say "Don't fix it if it ain't broke". I guess I would just take note of the settings you have on it now and then tinker to make sure theres not a better set up for you. Then once you've tested all your options you can just reset to its current configuration if that still turns out to be the best one for you.

Lot of nice looking sticks in this thread! I can't wait to hear some more of your thoughts.

Getting ready to head out with my new R11 7-Wood! I had to revamp my bag to get the gaps right and now I am set to have some fun :thumb:

Getting ready to head out with my new R11 7-Wood! I had to revamp my bag to get the gaps right and now I am set to have some fun :thumb:

Good luck out there buddy. We have a snap of cold weather today, but back in the 50's tomorrow thank goodness.

Well I tried taking pics of the club but I couldn't really capture the "crack". I did get the smudge though. REally want to hit some balls today with it but not sure I should
0031280x768.jpg

0011280x768.jpg

Ya they will replace that for sure, all you have to do is have them send you a off the rack with any flex shaft and you just throw your shaft in the new head and put the shaft they sent with the new one in the defective head and send it back to TM. Should be easy

Picked up my 15.5 3 wood yesterday from Golfsmith. I ordered mine weeks ago from them and then started to see people getting theirs the last couple of days. I called Golfsmith and asked if they had the 3 woods in yet which they did. I go to pick it up and they say, "well, yours hasn't come in yet". Yea right bucko! Made them give me one off the rack which they were more than happy to do. They can deal with the late arrival. Needless to say, about to head out and give her a test run.

Nice initial thoughts TC. I can't wait to hit mine outside tomorrow.

Those rubber tees are the worst.

Ugh! yeah I hate hitting off those darn rubber tees, and my local range doesnt open their grass til late april.

Just got back from some launch monitor testing and the driver is coming around. Launch was in line with what I like to see and club head speed and ball speed were all in line with what I am used to seeing out of my regular driver and what I had from my SuperTri, now that I got my shafts worked out.

The sound is really growing on me as well. Distance was excellent when hitting it on the screws. One area I was really struggling with today though was hitting it slightly high on the club face. I dont mean my swing or that I was consistently doing that, but rather when I did, the forgiveness was punishing me in close to 25 yards of distance short. Good news, is that the ball still went straight (expected), just shorter than what I am used to on that miss.

All in all, another aspect of course in saying PLEASE GET FIT.

I found this driver to be average at best prior to putting the right shaft in it and with so many adjustments I believe fitting is almost a complete necessity (which is a good thing). There is just no reason to buy this one off the rack. If you are having good success with it off the rack, imagine how good it could be if you got everything dialed in.

Just got back from some launch monitor testing and the driver is coming around. Launch was in line with what I like to see and club head speed and ball speed were all in line with what I am used to seeing out of my regular driver and what I had from my SuperTri, now that I got my shafts worked out.

The sound is really growing on me as well. Distance was excellent when hitting it on the screws. One area I was really struggling with today though was hitting it slightly high on the club face. I dont mean my swing or that I was consistently doing that, but rather when I did, the forgiveness was punishing me in close to 25 yards of distance short. Good news, is that the ball still went straight (expected), just shorter than what I am used to on that miss.

I found this driver to be average at best prior to putting the right shaft in it and with so many adjustments I believe fitting is almost a complete necessity (which is a good thing). There is just no reason to buy this one off the rack. If you are having good success with it off the rack, imagine how good it could be if you got everything dialed in.

Absolutely JB, if anyone had any doubts about that they just need to hear the thoughts of the guys who went to the Kingdom. After getting it dialed in by the fitters they were getting sometimes 20-30 more yards then they were with the stock set up. Do you want those yards? I do.

Absolutely JB, if anyone had any doubts about that they just need to hear the thoughts of the guys who went to the Kingdom. After getting it dialed in by the fitters they were getting sometimes 20-30 more yards then they were with the stock set up. Do you want those yards? I do.

I have watched some of the TM fitting videos and it also shows what settings and some of them were seeing 20-30 yards as well

That sounds great JB. In reference to the getting fit part. Do you know where a normal buyer can go and get professionally adjusted with the R11? Do you recommend finding a launch monitor to do it or do you think Golftec could do that? Does TM have reps that will help out in the adjusting process?

Great post JB. The sound is definitely different than what I've been use to but it is a good different.

You'll continue to get it dialed in. What wieghts do you have where on the MWT?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

That sounds great JB. In reference to the getting fit part. Do you know where a normal buyer can go and get professionally adjusted with the R11? Do you recommend finding a launch monitor to do it or do you think Golftec could do that? Does TM have reps that will help out in the adjusting process?

I think GolfTEC could do that extremely well. I also think demo days are a great spot as well if one is in your area.

If not research local pros, shops, etc...There is no reason to make an investment like this and not get it fit for your swing.

Great post JB. The sound is definitely different than what I've been use to but it is a good different.

You'll continue to get it dialed in. What wieghts do you have where on the MWT?

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I have a 10 and a 1 and 10 is on the heel side.

I think GolfTEC could do that extremely well. I also think demo days are a great spot as well if one is in your area.

If not research local pros, shops, etc...There is no reason to make an investment like this and not get it fit for your swing.

I feel the same way. I might give my local Golftec a ring and see if they can help me out. I looked on TM website and saw they have a demo on the 26th 14 miles from my house. Do you think they will be able to dial my new R11 in on the monitor?

I have a 10 and a 1 and 10 is on the heel side.

Thanks.

Are you finding your ball flight to be a bit lower than you're use to? I was pleasantly surprised with the ball flight I experienced yesterday. You are right though, I caught quite a few balls high on the face and did still maintain a nice straight ball. I love the look of this driver outside. Glad to hear that it's coming around more for you.

Thanks.

Are you finding your ball flight to be a bit lower than you're use to?

I am as well. In fact I need to get it raised up a bit. The spin is still on the lower end of what I like for maximizing my game.

For the people who have the Fubuki Alpha shaft in their R11 I have a question. What is the ball flight like in compairison to the Aldila RIP Alpha? Is it a low to med launch low spin shaft? I am curious to order one to test but just need a little more info than what I have been able to find on the net. It really only states torque and kick point. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Cheers!!

Back