Pure Shot Forum Testing Review Thread

I currently play a Taylormade R9 in Stiff flex. But the first practice swings with this thing once I got it out of the box felt a little whippy.

Thanks, and thanks for asking my next question. Was going to ask if it felt whippy compared to what you normally play.

Took this out again today for another bucket of 30 after work. I didn't bring the camera this time as it's really cruddy out and hard to see anything I haven't shown you guys so far.

I'm gonna be painfully honest here, and maybe someone could enlighten me but I am having a really hard time grasping the point of this "aid." I can't translate something from the range that is completely different from what I use on the course. The thing that really bothers me the most is paying this kind of money for something that really does nothing to help the situation. I do like seeing my misses but it seems completely counterproductive when it does nothing to aid in the problem it so blatantly displays.

The driver does seem pretty well made from early observations, but I just feel like there is something better they could have done with it. Maybe one of the other testers will see something I don't.

As always, more to come!

I know exactly what you are saying O wise Ninja. It's like okay...I hit it off the toe...now what? I already knew that I do that from time to time....now tell me how to fix it!!

I just don't get this as a "training aid"

Took this out again today for another bucket of 30 after work. I didn't bring the camera this time as it's really cruddy out and hard to see anything I haven't shown you guys so far.

I'm gonna be painfully honest here, and maybe someone could enlighten me but I am having a really hard time grasping the point of this "aid." I can't translate something from the range that is completely different from what I use on the course. The thing that really bothers me the most is paying this kind of money for something that really does nothing to help the situation. I do like seeing my misses but it seems completely counterproductive when it does nothing to aid in the problem it so blatantly displays.

The driver does seem pretty well made from early observations, but I just feel like there is something better they could have done with it. Maybe one of the other testers will see something I don't.

As always, more to come!

To me, it seems to be the same as someone walking up to you, telling you that you are doing something wrong, and then walking off without providing any help to fix the problem.

I know exactly what you are saying O wise Ninja. It's like okay...I hit it off the toe...now what? I already knew that I do that from time to time....now tell me how to fix it!!

I just don't get this as a "training aid"

My thoughts exactly my friend. As I said I am interested to see what the other testers find out because there is certainly a possibility I am missing something or overlooked something. We shall see.

To me, it seems to be the same as someone walking up to you, telling you that you are doing something wrong, and then walking off without providing any help to fix the problem.

Wow that is an excellent way to put it. Well done!

I took the Pure Shot for the test drive today for around 35 - 40 balls. Several observations. 1.) The club is extremely solid when struck well. 2.) To me, the feed back was immediate on poor shots. I knew the ball wasn't struck well right away. 3.) Many of the poorly struck shots were my normal misses only exaggerated. 4.) The weight of the club is a little bit lighter than mine, and I agree with Jrod that the shaft is a tad whippy. 5.) Near the end of my bucket I thought to myself, " if you hit three solid shots with the Pure Shot in a row you can finish the bucket off with your driver." After those three shots, all struck well, I pulled out my driver. WOW. This is what I was looking for mentally. Standing over the ball, with as much confidence as I have ever had over the ball. I then proceeded to fire out about 6 missiles dead straight on the screws. I felt so good I went out and braved the rain for a quick round of 9. After using the Pure Shot, I proceeded to hit 4 out of 6 fairways in which I used my driver. This is honestly tied for the most fairways I have hit on the front 9 so far this year. I guess for me, I'm using it as more of a mental tool. If my swing feels good, and all my normal positions are reached in my swing, the club delivers and I can find the sweetspot. Once I hit several in a row with it, my confidence level goes up. I didn't try to figure out the issues with my swing with it when balls were struck poorly. I just reset, trusted my swing and form and focused on where I felt like my swing was off to correct it. I'm not sure how it is being marketed exactly, but I did feel like it was a serious confidence booster for me. In that sense, so far, I like it.

Mine was waiting on me when I got home from my round this afternoon. Didn't take any pictures, but took some swings with it. I have pretty much the same observations as everyone else. Very well built club. The shaft is very whippy as others have said. I'm using an X-stiff staff, so there is a noticeable difference, it will be interesting to see the results on the range. I hit some balls yesterday with some fitting tape on the face. I will post the pics to give a before pic of the results. I tried to post it earlier, will try again in a few minutes. I'm going to use face tape to see if I am seeing any results with the training aid.

My thoughts exactly my friend. As I said I am interested to see what the other testers find out because there is certainly a possibility I am missing something or overlooked something. We shall see.

Maybe I am missing something here as well, but I dont know what it is. I am in no means trying to put down the product, but I can go to the range and shank balls all over the place with my current driver and tell Im not hitting it well.

Did it come with an instruction manual that maybe offers feedback when you miss a certain way? Tips for your swing on certain misses? No clue here.

I took the Pure Shot for the test drive today for around 35 - 40 balls. Several observations. 1.) The club is extremely solid when struck well. 2.) To me, the feed back was immediate on poor shots. I knew the ball wasn't struck well right away. 3.) Many of the poorly struck shots were my normal misses only exaggerated. 4.) The weight of the club is a little bit lighter than mine, and I agree with Jrod that the shaft is a tad whippy. 5.) Near the end of my bucket I thought to myself, " if you hit three solid shots with the Pure Shot in a row you can finish the bucket off with your driver." After those three shots, all struck well, I pulled out my driver. WOW. This is what I was looking for mentally. Standing over the ball, with as much confidence as I have ever had over the ball. I then proceeded to fire out about 6 missiles dead straight on the screws. I felt so good I went out and braved the rain for a quick round of 9. After using the Pure Shot, I proceeded to hit 4 out of 6 fairways in which I used my driver. This is honestly tied for the most fairways I have hit on the front 9 so far this year. I guess for me, I'm using it as more of a mental tool. If my swing feels good, and all my normal positions are reached in my swing, the club delivers and I can find the sweetspot. Once I hit several in a row with it, my confidence level goes up. I didn't try to figure out the issues with my swing with it when balls were struck poorly. I just reset, trusted my swing and form and focused on where I felt like my swing was off to correct it. I'm not sure how it is being marketed exactly, but I did feel like it was a serious confidence booster for me. In that sense, so far, I like it.

Nice write up! Glad to see it helped you translate your range session over to the course. Golf is played so much between the ears, if you can get a mental advantage, go for it. Glad you see this improve your game.

Thanks war.eagle. I guess what it brings to the table for me is a feeling that I'm doing something right, not something wrong. And to my game, that is often more important than my mechanics.

Maybe I am missing something here as well, but I dont know what it is. I am in no means trying to put down the product, but I can go to the range and shank balls all over the place with my current driver and tell Im not hitting it well.

Did it come with an instruction manual that maybe offers feedback when you miss a certain way? Tips for your swing on certain misses? No clue here.

Nope and it makes me wonder, because there are markings on the grip.

Nope and it makes me wonder, because there are markings on the grip.

Interesting. I noticed those on the videos and pictures, wondered what they were for if anything.

I put my right thumb on the left side of the circle and made sure I didn't allow my thumb to go inside of it. That is actually an issue I have with my grip. Seemed to help me.

Nice initial impressions ghsace! Sounds like it served a purpose as a mental tool via reassurance that you were doing something right. Although, I am quite surprised as a training aid that there was not some sort of manual with their recommended process to follow. Otherwise, you are just on a range hitting balls and forced to come to your own conclusions.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Nice initial impressions ghsace! Sounds like it served a purpose as a mental tool via reassurance that you were doing something right. Although, I am quite surprised as a training aid that there was not some sort of manual with their recommended process to follow. Otherwise, you are just on a range hitting balls and forced to come to your own conclusions.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks mcook77. I can see what you and everyone is saying about the instructions. It has a few good little reminders that I noticed, such as the circle on the grip for my thumb and the slightly curved line on the head that I did feel helped me. But it would have been nice to have a write up about to sort of point them out so everyone who uses it knows what they are looking for.

Test Date: 9/22/2011
Product: Pure Shot Driver

I received my Pure Shot driver in the mail today. Thanks GG for the quick shipping! You are awesome. Just some initial thoughts, photos and a quick unboxing video. I plan on going to the range tomorrow to get some in action videos for you.

Looks- I think the driver from the address looks great. I really wouldn't mind having an alignment aid like that on a driver. You can see the convect sweet spot a little bit. It doesn't look that intimidating from this angle as it does looking at the head close up. I think the head size is very similar to most drivers on the market. The length of the shaft seems about the same too. I have a 46" shaft in my current driver.

Weight- I think in hand it feels very similar to my normal driver. Maybe slightly heavier, but not to much to make a difference. I haven't had a chance to swing it yet, but plan to tomorrow at the range.

I am excited to try this out. I don't know if I would have purchased one in the store, but I would have wanted to try it out to see if I could hit it. I am still not sure right now if this will help or hurt my driving accuracy. I plan on trying to watch my sweet spot consistency in the next few weeks to see. I ordered some impact tape from Amazon to help out with this. Here are some pics for now.

Headcover
Spoiler
IMG_9551.jpg

Top views
Spoiler
IMG_9555.jpg

IMG_9558.jpg

IMG_9559.jpg

Front Views
Spoiler
IMG_9557.jpg

IMG_9567.jpg

IMG_9566.jpg

Bottom Views
Spoiler
IMG_9554.jpg

IMG_9565.jpg

Address Views
Spoiler
IMG_9564.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

Shaft and Grip Views
Spoiler
IMG_9552.jpg

IMG_9553.jpg

Unboxing Video
Spoiler

Test Date: 9/22/2011
Product: Pure Shot Driver

I received my Pure Shot driver in the mail today. Thanks GG for the quick shipping! You are awesome. Just some initial thoughts, photos and a quick unboxing video. I plan on going to the range tomorrow to get some in action videos for you.

Looks- I think the driver from the address looks great. I really wouldn't mind having an alignment aid like that on a driver. You can see the convect sweet spot a little bit. It doesn't look that intimidating from this angle as it does looking at the head close up. I think the head size is very similar to most drivers on the market. The length of the shaft seems about the same too. I have a 46" shaft in my current driver.

Weight- I think in hand it feels very similar to my normal driver. Maybe slightly heavier, but not to much to make a difference. I haven't had a chance to swing it yet, but plan to tomorrow at the range.

I am excited to try this out. I don't know if I would have purchased one in the store, but I would have wanted to try it out to see if I could hit it. I am still not sure right now if this will help or hurt my driving accuracy. I plan on trying to watch my sweet spot consistency in the next few weeks to see. I ordered some impact tape from Amazon to help out with this. Here are some pics for now.

IMG_9555.jpg

Looks eerily similar to a cats eye.

Do you think the style of that alignment aide would be better if it was straight back rather than curved towards the shaft? I think it would look alright if it was something less wild, maybe a black clubhead with a grey stripe?

Looks eerily similar to a cats eye.

Do you think the style of that alignment aide would be better if it was straight back rather than curved towards the shaft? I think it would look alright if it was something less wild, maybe a black clubhead with a grey stripe?

I think the angle is not that bad. I think it helps promote an in to out swing. I haven't tried to hit a ball yet. I might change my mind tomorrow. The grey might look good, but I think I just like the alignment aid.

Last edited:
I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures, so heres a link to the tape from my driver at the range yesterday. I am hesitant to post the picture because it was a great day with the driver, and I don't think my results would normally turn out this well. I hit 10 shots with the tape on, you can see I hit one low on the heel, that was the only bad shot I hit. It looks like 3 more were high, and the other 6 were right in the sweet spot. I will continue to post pics from before and after my range sessions with the Pure Shot, should give an idea of the overall improvement I am or am not seeing.

I should get the driver out on the range tomorrow, but I won't hit it if the range is crowded. I definitly want the range to be about empty my first time using it, just so I can see how much room I'm going to need to use the product safely.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Je7ZQG6mxrpyk3hZ0hPpXRGMCDGN90tQXu-ay4CGy4s?feat=directlink

Je7ZQG6mxrpyk3hZ0hPpXRGMCDGN90tQXu-ay4CGy4s

Down load photobucket to your computer, it will act as your retainer of photos. Very easy to upload pics from photobucket

I can't seem to figure out how to post pictures, so heres a link to the tape from my driver at the range yesterday. I am hesitant to post the picture because it was a great day with the driver, and I don't think my results would normally turn out this well. I hit 10 shots with the tape on, you can see I hit one low on the heel, that was the only bad shot I hit. It looks like 3 more were high, and the other 6 were right in the sweet spot. I will continue to post pics from before and after my range sessions with the Pure Shot, should give an idea of the overall improvement I am or am not seeing.

I should get the driver out on the range tomorrow, but I won't hit it if the range is crowded. I definitly want the range to be about empty my first time using it, just so I can see how much room I'm going to need to use the product safely.

Je7ZQG6mxrpyk3hZ0hPpXRGMCDGN90tQXu-ay4CGy4s

Some mixed reviews so far.. Honestly this concept is very strange to me. Like others have said it just seems to amplify a persons normal misses with no explanation as to how to fix the miss. Im not sure this would be effective for me, but hey there is plenty of testing to be done to prove me wrong.

Down load photobucket to your computer, it will act as your retainer of photos. Very easy to upload pics from photobucket

I put a direct link in my post, meant to do that when I posted it. My personal computer is currently TKO'd, so I'm on my work computer, no downloading programs for me.

what kin of phone are you working with? Can you down load apps?

I put a direct link in my post, meant to do that when I posted it. My personal computer is currently TKO'd, so I'm on my work computer, no downloading programs for me.

I read alot of the stuff 2nd time. Des any1 think maybe it is for Higher Handicapers maybe.Guys with low handi's not really feely it. This might be for high teens 20's & up! Interesting. Love the videos & pictures. Lets see what happens in the end hope the better guys dont get messed up. Going to check if Golfsmith has 1 maybe 2 hit.. Good luck guys

Back