Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. It's that stupid strength of schedule thing. You guys have only beaten us and we haven't beaten anyone good. So those 3 two-loss teams will remain ahead of us and you guys.

I know, and it's also dumb. Whatever, I hope we "accidentally" put our flaming spear through Albert the Alligator mascot.

I think UF will lose to FSU also, and I don't think they should be ranked higher than a lot of 1 loss teams out there, but they are. Alabama says, if your only loss is to the #1 ranked team, then it shouldn't matter that you missed out on your conference championship game. And, yes, if ND loses and UGA beats Bama, then UGA will be ranked #1. Which is stupid. UGA doesn't do anything particularly well.

Except win. :smile:

Dear War Eagle and Wake,

You are a couple of good guys for the most part. However, for this week you might as well be devil worshippering freedom hating communist.

Talk to you on Sunday, and remember, Roll Tide.

--
SW

Haha^^

No way it happens. The Maryland athletic department is bankrupt and cutting sports left and right, they absolutely do not have the $50mil for the ACC buyout. Plus they bring nothing to the Big Ten. They have a crappy stadium, horrible fans, and less support in DC than Penn State

Very interesting. I wonder why all the talk then???

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Dear War Eagle and Wake,

You are a couple of good guys for the most part. However, for this week you might as well be devil worshippering freedom hating communist.

--
SW

Dear SW, You act like a nice guy, but I know deep down you are an evil, evil SOB who eats his young (or alternately makes them wear hounds-tooth, which is much much worse).

Reactions: SW
Dear SW, You act like a nice guy, but I know deep down you are an evil, evil SOB who eats his young (or alternately makes them wear hounds-tooth, which is much much worse).

I've gotta say, Wake. I saw some of those Bama fans at the TN game and although I am a VFL I still thought that the houndstooth pants some of the Tide fans were wearing looked pretty snazzy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Notre Dame is #1 and in a related story Lou Holtz has lisped himself into a coma

I've gotta say, Wake. I saw some of those Bama fans at the TN game and although I am a VFL I still thought that the houndstooth pants some of the Tide fans were wearing looked pretty snazzy.

You are dead to me... and I imagine many Tenn fans as well.

You are dead to me... and I imagine many Tenn fans as well.

I was just thinking to myself that a pair of orange and white houndstooth pants would be straight up boss!

I am hoping the Trojans actually show up for the game next week. Another upset would be awesome, but if Barkley is really hurt then I not holding my breath.

Barkley is out for the game with a sprained shoulder. ND looks a lot like recent Bama - killer d, run the damn ball.

I was just thinking to myself that a pair of orange and white houndstooth pants would be straight up boss!

Alright. I can't live with myself after my previous statements. Even in good fun or to ruffle some feathers I should never ever, even jokingly proclaim anything but absolute disgust for houndstooth or crimson. I disappointed myself and I couldn't sleep because of it. The only time I will ever root for Bama is when thy are kicking the snot out of Notre Dame (if the bums can even close then deal) in the National Championship game.

That is all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SW
Very interesting. I wonder why all the talk then???

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

It's all about TV markets. The Big 10 wants the Balt-DC market. If Maryland wants to go they will. There is thought that they can legally argue that since they voted against the new $50 million exit fee they will take the ACC to court to fight it. Would likely end in a settlement of some amount between the old $20 million and new $50 million exit fees. The Big 10 and Under Armor would also likely help Maryland pay whatever amount is finally settled on with the ACC.

I'm a Georgia Tech fan so I say let them go. As mentioned earlier their athletic department is an absolute financial mess, and it is effecting their recruiting and ability to field competitive teams.

Dear War Eagle and Wake,

--
SW

Danny, the feeling is mutual. Usually this is when I say it's the Iron Bowl and records can be thrown out the window...unfortunately, I have seen both of our teams play this year. Enjoy hammering the last nail in to the Chizik coffin.

I will not say those words.

War.

Agreed. Let them go. Bring in UConn, the ACC heads back to being a basketball conference which is what it is and should be.

It's all about TV markets. The Big 10 wants the Balt-DC market. If Maryland wants to go they will. There is thought that they can legally argue that since they voted against the new $50 million exit fee they will take the ACC to court to fight it. Would likely end in a settlement of some amount between the old $20 million and new $50 million exit fees. The Big 10 and Under Armor would also likely help Maryland pay whatever amount is finally settled on with the ACC.

I'm a Georgia Tech fan so I say let them go. As mentioned earlier their athletic department is an absolute financial mess, and it is effecting their recruiting and ability to field competitive teams.

Except win. :smile:

I'm a UGA alum/fan, and I'm keeping extremely low expectations. UGA's schedule this year was ridiculously easy (no Bama, no LSU, played Missouri instead of A&M). They were curb-stomped in one of the two actual games they played (SC), and they tried their best to lose the other one (UF -- who tried even harder not to win that one). The defense has been hot and cold, and the QB has been (ahem) less than impressive against quality opponents.

I suspect Bama will be favored by 14+ next weekend.

Agreed. Let them go. Bring in UConn, the ACC heads back to being a basketball conference which is what it is and should be.

I'm all for it, so long as Clemson and FSU head to the SEC (where they frankly should be) and take the football cash with them.

Anybody else excited to see a .500 Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl? I know I am.

Anybody else excited to see a .500 Wisconsin team in the Rose Bowl? I know I am.

I dont think they will get by Nebraska, but who knows. Nebraska looked pretty bad for the last few weeks, but Martinez looked good on Saturday

I dont think they will get by Nebraska, but who knows. Nebraska looked pretty bad for the last few weeks, but Martinez looked good on Saturday

True, but they did lead Nebraska by 17 in Lincoln before shatting the bed. The can put up points against the Huskers. Plus, the WI defense is actually pretty good.

True, but they did lead Nebraska by 17 in Lincoln before shatting the bed. The can put up points against the Huskers. Plus, the WI defense is actually pretty good.

I dont disagree at all, but I think Nebraska is probably the better team. I just want to see a good game, dont much care who wins TBH

I dont disagree at all, but I think Nebraska is probably the better team. I just want to see a good game, dont much care who wins TBH

It would be a wonderfully above mediocore game.

I'm a UGA alum/fan, and I'm keeping extremely low expectations. UGA's schedule this year was ridiculously easy (no Bama, no LSU, played Missouri instead of A&M). They were curb-stomped in one of the two actual games they played (SC), and they tried their best to lose the other one (UF -- who tried even harder not to win that one). The defense has been hot and cold, and the QB has been (ahem) less than impressive against quality opponents.

I suspect Bama will be favored by 14+ next weekend.

about what they were favored to win over Texas A&M

I'm all for it, so long as Clemson and FSU head to the SEC (where they frankly should be) and take the football cash with them.

Clemson appears happy in the ACC. They voted for the increase of the buyout to $50m, as did their new AD Dan Radikovich whom was at GT at the time.

FSU is another matter, they and Maryland were the two dissenting votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back