What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played another round with the 2011 e6 - great off the driver, I bombed a couple yesterday. Good feel off the irons/wedges, around the greens you need to play the roll out. Until I break 90 I think I'll stay with them.

played a nike crush today... never tried it before and it was pretty good
i hit a few long ones today and it wasnt too bad around the greens
alas it couldnt swim by the time i got to 16... just a few more feet to safety

Last round I was scouring around the bag for anything really but I came upon these Titleist HVC 90's that my dad's company was giving away I think. Not bad, a little clicky but after a short adjustment they did fine. I wasn't looking for anything special anyways.

Everytime I play with the B330 RX and just love the ball more. I really finding out just how much the ProV did not fit my swingspeed. I have lost nothing around the greens with this ball and it is just great on all other shots. Really looking forward to the live fitting Bridgestone is doing this Friday near me. Should be great fun.

I played a little golf early yesterday morning with the father in law (kind of). I played with a ProV1 for the 1st time. I thought it rocked on/around the greens. I felt like it was a bit shorter off the tee and out of the fairway though. It's also not as durable as I like but man, does this ball like to put some dancing shoes on when it hits the green.

They are spinny as hell. I can get them to check up on the utility carpet in my basement. I had a dozen, but I gave them to Jrod. He can do more with them than I can

I played a little golf early yesterday morning with the father in law (kind of). I played with a ProV1 for the 1st time. I thought it rocked on/around the greens. I felt like it was a bit shorter off the tee and out of the fairway though. It's also not as durable as I like but man, does this ball like to put some dancing shoes on when it hits the green.

Posted via Tapatalk.

They are spinny as hell. I can get them to check up on the utility carpet in my basement. I had a dozen, but I gave them to Jrod. He can do more with them than I can

Posted via Tapatalk.

I didn't care for them at all of the tee. They felt like mush to me. I can't imagine JRod likes them off the tee. Maybe the x version? They are fun to hit with wedges though. I now know why Titleist likes to do their ball fittings from the green backwards.

Busted. I haven't seen them in stores yet though. Good to know!

I got my friend a box of the orange last month for her birthday. They are a cool color with a it of sparklyness.

Found some TM LDP Red's. I always play well with this ball.

Is this the old red ball? I liked the first version of the red a lot.

Ive been playing last year's Srixon Z Star.

NOt sure how I feel, seem to not have any distance off of the tee, but the 20 mph winds I seem to be hitting into every time I play, might have something to do with it

Last edited:
I don't know man. For me, they are like rocks off the tee. Way too firm for me.

I didn't care for them at all of the tee. They felt like mush to me. I can't imagine JRod likes them off the tee. Maybe the x version? They are fun to hit with wedges though. I now know why Titleist likes to do their ball fittings from the green backwards.

Posted via Tapatalk.

the 08 version is amazing. The last generation is crap. I've yet to try the newest gen as I have been gaming Tour i(z)'s and loving them.

the 08 version is amazing. The last generation is crap. I've yet to try the newest gen as I have been gaming Tour i(z)'s and loving them.

Oh, I have no clue what generation it was I was playing. I was given a sleeve before the round so I rolled with it. I need to give the i(z) a test drive.

Oh, I have no clue what generation it was I was playing. I was given a sleeve before the round so I rolled with it. I need to give the i(z) a test drive.

I love em, amazing durability for a premium ball.

Played both the Srixon Zstar x and Pro V1x both last years models. Srixon seemed a little hard to me and spun a little less than the Pro V. Still love the Pro V's. Spin how I like and fly pretty far.

Switched to a Pro V1 today for my tournament, not a good decision, I spin that ball way too much. I'm sticking with the Nike ONE Tour D and the Pro V1x.

I walked 9 today, and I played my Penta TP's. That ball just feels really good to me, but I'm wanting to do the Bridgestone Ball Fitting Challenge.

I played the Penta TP for my last round. I really love this ball, it just has everything that I am looking for in a ball. I did the Bridgestone fitting that day and they recommended the B330. They did say that the Penta is a really great ball for me, but I had a higher ball speed with the B330 which translated into more distance. So I am going to play my next round with the B330 and I will report back.

Played the Callaway Tour i(z) for about 9 holes and then switched to a Bridgeston B330RXS for the last 9 for comparison. Came away impressed with the B330RXS, again. Love the B330RX balls.

looking forward to your thoughts on this comparison Doc...
I played the Penta TP for my last round. I really love this ball, it just has everything that I am looking for in a ball. I did the Bridgestone fitting that day and they recommended the B330. They did say that the Penta is a really great ball for me, but I had a higher ball speed with the B330 which translated into more distance. So I am going to play my next round with the B330 and I will report back.

Callaway Warbird. Mostly cuz its cheap. I have a hard time getting distance with these. Switched to a HX Bite for the last two holes and for some reason that made all the difference. Guess I don't understand the technology well enough to know what to play.

Callaway Warbird. Mostly cuz its cheap. I have a hard time getting distance with these. Switched to a HX Bite for the last two holes and for some reason that made all the difference. Guess I don't understand the technology well enough to know what to play.

I don't understand the tech either. Try doing the Bridgestone online fitting. It works and made a real difference in my game. Even better if you can find a live fitting locally.

I played a couple balls yesterday. Wanted to get out but just to get out. I played with the Taylormade LDP Black, Tour Burner and hit a couple Wilson Staff Zips for fun. Also had the new R11 out for some fun.

TM Black: Very soft ball. Felt easy to compress and I got a real high ball flight that landed softly. I had a decent success rate on getting the ball to hold the real fast greens with chips but it was an experience. I rarely had more than 5-10 yards to work with plus a lot of slope. Soft and muted off the putter. I got these real cheap and finally took these out. Not something I would buy again. I lost a lot of distance it felt like and I'm not a huge hitter so I take what I can get. There was a bit of wind but on the holes without it, the ball still didn't have that pop. On a par 5 I killed my drive and the ball was drawing but it made a funny motion in the air and just looked odd.

Tour Burner: Still love this ball. It hits real high but the wind was just eating it up. It's funny how easy this one is to stop on the green. It really pops high off the wedges. I really think this could be a great ball for me because I don't hit all the GIR's anyway, might as well take a ball I'm really comfortable with around the green.

Zips: I absolutely killed a drive... 251 GPS'd. Lol. It felt good but really soft. I love these balls because of the soft feel but again just feel like I'm leaving something out there with distance.

I'm pretty frustrated to be honest. I know I need to stick to one ball but on a day where I didn't have a lot of confidence I didn't feel like losing my Callaways or E5's. Just goes to show, get fit! The BStone Fitting was either an E5 or B330. I like how it will match a ball to the one you are playing but really seems to find a better fit. I'm going E5 for the outing but really reconsidering.

man i can kill those balls... the very few times i popped a good teeshot has been with a warbird... but i didnt like it around the greens at all

I played a Tour iS. Felt good around the greens. Seemed to be lacking some "boom" off the tee. I was disappointed when I scuffed my first ball on the 1st fairway after I hit a thin iron. Expected some more durability from such a pricey ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back