10,000 free sleeves of Taylormade project (a) ball.

THP got theirs already. Unfortunately due to us being in Texas they cannot be shipped.

You can't remote ship? hehe

Tried out the project As today. Off the tee they are nice, but they spin a TON on the green. TBD and I were seeing 10-15' of backspin, and I NEVER spin my shots on the green. Might be too much for me or spin might be part of my new swing. Time will tell.

Tried out the project As today. Off the tee they are nice, but they spin a TON on the green. TBD and I were seeing 10-15' of backspin, and I NEVER spin my shots on the green. Might be too much for me or spin might be part of my new swing. Time will tell.

That's a lot of spin!

Ended up getting a sleeve in the mail from taylormade....works for me

That's awesome! I am hoping to get these out on the course tomorrow, I don't put much spin on the ball with my irons, so I'll be interested to see if I can tell if these spin for me.

Wow that's some serious backspin. If I can get that kind of backspin with this ball, it might be my favorite. Will try them out whenever mother nature gives up.

The thing about that much spin is that it's just too much. Can't attack back pins, and really have to think about how far you hit it into the green.

The thing about that much spin is that it's just too much. Can't attack back pins, and really have to think about how far you hit it into the green.

I have spun the ball back exactly one time in twenty years of golfing. I honestly don't think too much back spin is possible for me.

Mother nature has forced me to just carpet putting, but I was comparing these to other balls with my 2ball, and I absolutely feel in LOVE with the feel off my putter.

I have spun the ball back exactly one time in twenty years of golfing. I honestly don't think too much back spin is possible for me.

I never spun anything back unless it was an accident, but today everything was spinning, and spinning a lot. It was a lot of fun at first, but I just don't know if that much spin is good for my game.

I never spun anything back unless it was an accident, but today everything was spinning, and spinning a lot. It was a lot of fun at first, but I just don't know if that much spin is good for my game.

I will be interested to see if I see similar results tomorrow.

I played this ball at the sim yesterday comparing it to the Titleist Velocity. Yard ages were comparable, feel of the TM was softer, sound likewise goes to the TM. Can't compare spin as it was off the carpet into the sim. I do like the feel off the putter as well. If it ever warms up I'll get to see what it does around the green.

As a non-spinner of the ball I have also been wondering about how this would affect my game. One thing I've been contemplating is pairing the increased spin with partial shots - instead of defaulting to full shots, taking more club and hitting a 3/4 shot. In theory that should produce a more accurate shot and help control spin, all of which should lead to lower scores. At least that's the theory. I will be putting this to the test when my sleeve arrives and/or if I'm lucky enough to get picked as a tester.

I got these out for a round today and was very impressed. I was not spinning the ball back like Nebgolfer, but they were definitely checking quicker than I'm use to, and I saw a few dance around on the green as they checked. They were also long off the tee for me. I am not a long hitter, but my drives were in the 210-220 range, and I had a couple in the 230-240 range. Considering it was 45° with little to no roll, that was huge for me.

Man glad to hear you got out, crazy it's 45 down there and its 26° and were in the same state. Any thoughts if you think you would buy a dozen of these in the future? Also did you play any balls and put them head to head against the project A's?
I got these out for a round today and was very impressed. I was not spinning the ball back like Nebgolfer, but they were definitely checking quicker than I'm use to, and I saw a few dance around on the green as they checked. They were also long off the tee for me. I am not a long hitter, but my drives were in the 210-220 range, and I had a couple in the 230-240 range. Considering it was 45° with little to no roll, that was huge for me.

Here is my review:

It's the RBZ Urethane.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Here is my review:

It's the RBZ Urethane.

My sleeve came today. I haven't hit it yet but comparing the 2 balls side by side they seem identical. The cover has the same stickiness. I imagine performance is similar, I hope that this is improved off the driver.

Here is my review:

It's the RBZ Urethane.

Haha I was thinking the same thing when they were announced. To be fair, the RBZ Urethane was an awful name for a ball, so it was in desperate need of rebranding

Used on of the balls in the simulator today so the feedback isn't as great as outdoors. I compared it to a Hopkins ball and a SR2 from callaway they compared the best to the SR2 in terms of distance with my irons. Sound of my driver was really good as well. Overall the SR2 was a little better but not significantly so.

Using Tapatalk

Used on of the balls in the simulator today so the feedback isn't as great as outdoors. I compared it to a Hopkins ball and a SR2 from callaway they compared the best to the SR2 in terms of distance with my irons. Sound of my driver was really good as well. Overall the SR2 was a little better but not significantly so.

Using Tapatalk

I played with the project(a) today, and while I don't have any numbers to back it up with, I thought similarly about it versus the SR2. I thought the spin around the greens were pretty similar between the two, but both balls were pretty straight off the tee. It may have been other factors, but I didn't feel like the project(a) was as long as the SR2 was for me last weekend.

My sleeve hasn't come yet so I can't offer anything definitive yet. However, I don't ever recall seeing reports about this kind of spin (or getting it myself) from the RBZ Urethane.

Last edited:
Man glad to hear you got out, crazy it's 45 down there and its 26° and were in the same state. Any thoughts if you think you would buy a dozen of these in the future? Also did you play any balls and put them head to head against the project A's?

I've been play the Bridgestone e5 lately, but I didn't compare them head to head today.

I've been play the Bridgestone e5 lately, but I didn't compare them head to head today.

you're going to have to do that next time on a par 3 and see which ball you can get a hole in 1 with lol

Mine came yesterday, only been able to carpet putt with them so far.

Back