When does your 2014 golf season begin?

January 1. Winter has been a cold and wet one though, so have gotten in fewer rounds than normal.

Thankfully, I live in Florida, so I guess my 2014 season begins January 1. In a lot of way though, it sort of starts after Easter which is the traditional time the snow birds fly back north and the courses around here become more accessible.

It can't begin soon enough...6-10 inches of snow today and we are closing in on our snowiest winter ever. Of course, I am a CPA so I am also buried in work this time of year.

1st January! Although my smugness is about to get wiped off my face as we have had a few days of rain here. I might actually have I don the waterproofs tomorrow!

I played last weekend and hoping to get at least a round in tomorrow before the snow.

The day 2014 started!!

1/1/14. Love year round golf.

From the looks outside my window right now, June lol.

Apparently nobody knows how much snow is coming for northern IN, could be a covering, could be 8". All this on top of what we already have.

Well with 10 more inches of snow in the forecast for Monday in NYC, I would say April 1. This winter sucks !!!

I golfed on New Years day this year, so I guess Jan 1.

It has never really stopped. I have been practicing all through the "offseason". As soon as the snow is gone I am getting out on a course.

I usually don't consider my season starting until my first round of the new year.
We just got snow yesterday again and more expected this week. This is ridiculous! I'm sick of hitting in the dome.
In past years I would have had a round in already.

My season begins January 1st on THP, however, the last couple of years have been a bit ugly course wise. I usually take some time off and just wait out the weather, but that's started to bother me more every year.

Course wise, I usually wait until mid March. I've had no reason to push it earlier than that aside from my lack-of-golf-brain melting.

Boy, soon would be nice. But I am thinking early May at the earliest.

My season in WNY will hopefully begin in a few weeks (positive thinking!). Already made some club changes I cant wait to try

Crossing my fingers for March 15th. If the weather starts creeping up maybe the Lexington area courses will be prime for playing

My guess is middle of April.

Golf season started this weekend at my home course (par 71).

1st Round: 84 (+4 on the 18th hole)
2nd Round: 75 (+5 on the front 9, -1 on the back 9)

Last round of 2013 was 27 December, first round of 2014 was 3 January

Probably the first or second week of April here in Vermont. Lat year my local course opened April 9th. Barring any significant snow storms, the courses should be open around that time again.

Mine never stops....I love getting to play all year round.

Last year, I started the first weekend in January. This year it is looking like mid April.

It starts tomorrow, this is going to be awesome!

Back