Received a pretty sweet golf heirloom today

Erky

Reaction score
This requires some background. My wife comes from a Disney family. Her parents were sort of a Brady Bunch type, where my father-in-law had kids, my mother-in- law had kids, and they got together and made their families one. The first time their kids ever met each other was on the day the Magic Kingdom at Disney World opened. A little while later, they got married, and my wife was born. She later grew up to work there in various capacities, including a few years as Snow White. When Disney had their 25th anniversary in Florida, my wife's family was selected as one of the top 20 Disney "Super Fans", and you can still see them being interviewed on those Disney shows you might see on the Travel Channel, etc.

The family is big. My wife has 5 siblings, and we have 22 nieces and nephews (some from my family). Anyway, my FIL, an avid golfer, is a retired doctor. In the last few years, he has developed Alzheimer's. He can't golf anymore. Today I received this bag from my MIL that the entire family presented him on his 50th birthday back in the early 1990s. They wanted me to have it. I can't seem to find another bag like it. I remember seeing them for sale at WDW back in the day, and I know they were extremely expensive. It was his regular bag for years. I won't dare put it on a cart or game it, but it will find a permanent spot in my office. I am very honored to have this bag to take care of now. He is such an amazing and important person to so many people.

Sorry, had to edit to make the pictures smaller.

ovzm.jpg

l6d2.jpg

51wp.jpg

Last edited:
Mward is very very jealous.

That is a pretty awesome heirloom! Congrats

That is one very cool bag.

Very nice!!!! One heck of a gift and one heck of a bag!

How good is that!

Sweet bag!!! :clapp:

Id love one like that for the Man Cave! Pretty awesome!

Nice looking bag

Pretty awesome bag.

Thats reall cool

That is an awesome bag

Wow, that's awesome!

Very awesome story and pretty awesome bag. Thanks for sharing.

That is so cool! Great looking bag, and awesome story.

Haha I just found some balls in there, including a Titleist Tour 100 and a Callaway Rule 35.

That is awesome, definitely a nice addition to your office!

That's an awesome bag.

Nice bag. Have a cameron cover that would go nicely with it.

That's a great looking bag and an even better story. Enjoy it and hopefully you can pass it along as well.

Very cool!

That is a great family story and heirloom. It will look great in the office.

Back