MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather the Brewers weren't owned by Bud Selig for all those years. He destroyed the franchise. The Brewers are lucky for Mark Attanasio. Hopefully the Brewers build a franchise with enough credability to attrach big names, like the Cardinals do now. And Mark McGwire captivated baseball for one summer. He then discredited every home run hit by major leaguers for a decade, because of his involvement with steroids. The ends do not justify the means.

This argument will never end because I will keep saying that he wasn't the only one and I realize he took steroids so your beating a dead horse.. I'm just saying he hit these homeruns in an era where many people were taking steroids and it was an unfortunate time for all of baseball not just cardinals fans

Tap tap taparoo

This argument will never end because I will keep saying that he wasn't the only one and I realize he took steroids so your beating a dead horse.. I'm just saying he hit these homeruns in an era where many people were taking steroids and it was an unfortunate time for all of baseball not just cardinals fans

In the long run, the Yankees, Red Sox, and Giants had it much worse. Those teams were seriously juiced up.

Good to know the fans in milwaukee are about as classy as prince fielder

I really don't care that much for Prince, so I wonder why I am going to say anything. But the bowling ball incident after a walkoff home run, was just him and the Brewers having fun. If the Giants didn't want him to do that, the pitcher shouldn't have given up the HR.

I remember CC Sabathia said sometime to Jim Rome to the effect of, "If a guy hits a home run, he can do whatever he wants. He earned it. If I have a problem with it, I should pitch better."

I really don't care that much for Prince, so I wonder why I am going to say anything. But the bowling ball incident after a walkoff home run, was just him and the Brewers having fun. If the Giants didn't want him to do that, the pitcher shouldn't have given up the HR.

I remember CC Sabathia said sometime to Jim Rome to the effect of, "If a guy hits a home run, he can do whatever he wants. He earned it. If I have a problem with it, I should pitch better."

I look at it is they are doing what they were paid to do. It's cool they hit a homerun and they can show emotion but showing up a pitcher is bs. The pitcher is paid to get outs and the hitter to hit homeruns so congratulations they did their job

Tap tap taparoo

Cards win 3 in a row against a hot Florida team, hope they can get the sweep for once

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Cards win 3 in a row against a hot Florida team, hope they can get the sweep for once

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

They got that sweep! Big big series coming up Tuesday. Luckily Milwaukee cant win on the road.

Giants fans seem suspiciously quite after the past week. Phils owned them at home. Hunter Pence acquisition may be what the Phils needed to put them over the edge this year.

A Rays fan, a Yankee fan and a Red Sox fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves their team the most. The Rays fan insists that he is most loyal and then yells, "This is for Tampa Bay!" and jumps off the mountain. Not to be out done, The Red Soxs fan next professes his love for his team. He screams, "This is for Boston!" and pushes the Yankee fan off the mountain

GO RED SOX. Josh Reddick: The newest Yankee Slayer

Cards/Brewers

Cards/Brewers

Pumped for this week's series in St. Louis. Anyone else excited to watch this new rivalry in the NL Central? Should be pretty heated and could see some fireworks.

To me it is just as exciting as watching the Nationals and the Astros play. But hey, this series is very important to you at this moment, as a sweep by the cards would be huge for the playoff chances.

Merged with the baseball thread.

I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin so the Brew Crew have a special place in my heart. I love that this small market team is going to win the NL Central at the expense of the Cards...HEHEHe..I kid, i'm not a trash talker but I am pullin for my Brewers. They have a good squad and I think it will be a great series for the Brewers....

Pumped for this week's series in St. Louis. Anyone else excited to watch this new rivalry in the NL Central? Should be pretty heated and could see some fireworks.

Absolutely. I am very excited hope our birds can take at least 2-3 this week. I am a little bit nervous with Edwin on the mound though.

lol then he should be winning every year then....

don't even start me on Mark "I'm not here to talk about the past' McGwire either

See I think you are jealous that you have never had a manager that knows how to win as well as Tony. Or a guy who captivated baseball like mark McGwire.

Tap tap taparoo

lol then he should be winning every year then....

don't even start me on Mark "I'm not here to talk about the past' McGwire either

Well I would say he does win just about every year.. At least winning more than he loses..
1 Mack, ConnieConnie Mack * 3,731 3,948 .486
2 McGraw, JohnJohn McGraw * 2,763 1,948 .586
3 La Russa, TonyTony La Russa 2,695 2,344 .535
4 Cox, BobbyBobby Cox 2,504 2,001 .556
5 Torre, JoeJoe Torre 2,326 1,997 .538
6 Anderson, SparkySparky Anderson * 2,194 1,834 .544
7 Harris, BuckyBucky Harris * 2,158 2,219 .493
8 McCarthy, JoeJoe McCarthy * 2,125 1,333 .615
9 Alston, WalterWalter Alston * 2,040 1,613 .558
10 Durocher, LeoLeo Durocher * 2,008 1,709 .540

You tell me thats not hall of fame company. As for Mark McGwire I have already answered all the crap people have been throwing at me about him. He helped save baseball along with Sammy Sosa. He took steroids and I have no problem admitting it, but baseball may not be as popular today if it wasnt for that great homerun race.

Hooray for Beer! The Brew Crew are on a roll.

Were going in totally diff directions, cards can't beat sub .500 teams... its freaking pathetic

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Congrats! The Brew Crew looks unstoppable while the Cards cant buy a win.

On a seperate note congrats to Albert Pujols who is the first player in MLB History to hit 30+ homers for 11 straight seasons.. Pretty impressive considering it was in his first 11 seasosn.

Today is a great day in Wirgleyville. We finally fired our GM, Jim Hendry. Things are looking up!!!

Yankees hit 3 grand slams today in a 22-9 win over the A's. Thats never been done before. Pretty crazy. They were down 7-2 after 4 innings.

Yankees hit 3 grand slams today in a 22-9 win over the A's. Thats never been done before. Pretty crazy. They were down 7-2 after 4 innings.

R. Cano, my fantasy baseball team thanks him!

This was absolutely nuts.

Phillies are just too good. Was at the game last night with my girlfriend. Ryan Howard made some big extra-effort plays, and that Hunter Pence is just unreal.

Atlanta who?

You did know that Cliff Lee pitched last night too right?

Phillies are just too good. Was at the game last night with my girlfriend. Ryan Howard made some big extra-effort plays, and that Hunter Pence is just unreal.

Atlanta who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back