TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

I think it's simple: a little more forgiveness. The RXT's are great irons for sure, but there's something so right about the R11's. I'm telling you, when I hit the breeze's at Grand Cypress, I was shocked at the results based on where I was hitting the ball on the club face.

so are the R11's more forgiving than the Burner 2.0?

We understand bro. It's just what you do. Are you keeping the RXT's?

Yes I am. Whats better then having one of the best iron sets out? Having two of them.

I just answered this skim shady. I don't really know man, I only hit like 6 balls. The breeze could answer this question better than myself.

I think the R11's have a little more offset, seem like they have a slightly larger head and I just want them. Simple need to OEM them.

We understand bro. It's just what you do. Are you keeping the RXT's?

OEM ftw!!!!

These irons just seemed to have a great overall package, distance, looks, sound/feel and forgiveness. I liked the look at address.

I really wouldn't mind some more feedback to be honest. I saw some tremendous shots with these irons at the MC. It seemed like everyone that had them, loved them. I think that's a lot of the appeal as well.

I am pretty sure that these will be in my bag pretty soon. I hate that I have to relearn my distances, but I love the forgiveness.

I saw the look in your eyes when you were checking these irons out at the Morgan Cup. You know they're going to find their way into your bag.

OEM ftw!!!!

These irons just seemed to have a great overall package, distance, looks, sound/feel and forgiveness. I liked the look at address.

Me too bro i agree with ya

OEM ftw!!!!

Well said!

A lot can be said for sound and feel, you find yourself wanting to recreate that every swing. It is addicting :)

Has anyone on this side of the pond found anywhere you can demo these? Anywhere I have tried here don't have them in and don't know when they are getting them in.

I saw the look in your eyes when you were checking these irons out at the Morgan Cup. You know they're going to find their way into your bag.

absolutely! I may have to wait though. I just reviewed my financial situation and I have spent all the money I possibly can on golf this year. More's the pity.

absolutely! I may have to wait though. I just reviewed my financial situation and I have spent all the money I possibly can on golf this year. More's the pity.

perhaps a blessing in disguise.

Finally saw these in person and I like the look much better in person than on videos/pictures. Although I didn't get to hit them(dang righties!) I like the material used in them. Just need to hit them though

Finally saw these in person and I like the look much better in person than on videos/pictures. Although I didn't get to hit them(dang righties!) I like the material used in them. Just need to hit them though

what does "like the material used in them" mean?

what does "like the material used in them" mean?

Meaning the soft feel of the club, the look of the iron itself. Maybe I didn't use the right words.

Meaning the soft feel of the club, the look of the iron itself. Maybe I didn't use the right words.

can you tell if a club is soft if you haven't hit it yet?

perhaps a blessing in disguise.

Yeah. My putter was costing me more strokes than my irons.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

I know this is yesterday's question, but I'll take a shot.

I don't know that you could call the R11's "more" forgiving than the Burner 2.0s, but they did not seem to be noticably less forgiving...I'd say about the same. I let one of my co-workers hit them yesterday, and his main comment was that the ball flew a very similar distance when hit off different parts of the club face.

I will say that, in my opinion, the consistency of distance is where the R11's destroy the Burner 2.0s. As has been stated before, several people have seen that 1 out of 10 shot flyer off the Burners that seems to go 20 yards further than normal. I have yet to notice the R11s do that. The one time I flew way to far at the MC was a case of trying to hit a 3/4 shot and accellerating too much.

I hope to demo these this weekend and it will be between the R11's and the TP-CB's. Love the CB's but there are some great reviews here. I love when I am getting ready to drop some cash on new irons, demoing different clubs is so sweet.

I hope to demo these this weekend and it will be between the R11's and the TP-CB's. Love the CB's but there are some great reviews here. I love when I am getting ready to drop some cash on new irons, demoing different clubs is so sweet.

VA. Vince: How did your testing go? Per the video below from Mark Crossfield the R11s are almost identical to the TB-CBs. His opinion is these clubs are more about branding than filling a slot in their irons range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YquTxU96JVw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I finally got to see these in person last night at Dick's. They looked really nice overall, but having played the Pro Combo's for the last few months with their really thin top line, I couldn't help but notice how thick the top line looked. It would take a while to get used to looking down at that again. Also, it wasn't just the R11's that looked that way - almost every iron i pulled off the wall looked big and thick compared to what I am hitting now.

Even though I didn't have a chance try them last night, I still really want to, but I want to do it at the place where I bought my Nike's because they have an outdoor grass range that you can try stuff on. I can't help but think that they will be more forgiving than my current irons. I really like my Nike's, but all these review really have me thinking.

Also, I found out that there is a Taylormade Performance Center Lab in Chicago, so if I like them after demoing them I really want to go up there to go through their fitting process. Has anyone else gone through one of their fittings?

I didn't hit these at GG yesterday. Why? Because I didn't want to buy them.

That's the only good part of having 0 golf stores where I live.

I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have a GG to go and use like my personal hitting store lol.

I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have a GG to go and use like my personal hitting store lol.

I have a Dicks & GG near where I live. Sometimes I feel bad about going in & hitting stuff without buying much.

Back