Is the new Scotty Cameron Selects Durable?

gra89ham

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw that the new Scotty Cameron Selects have a dark finish. Does anyone know if they are durable? I would imagine it has to be if you're going to drop 350 on a putter.

Time will tell bud, too new right now, just don't use it for pitch shots out of the cart paths lol.

The $350 is for the name. In all reality, it probably doesn't cost much more to make one of those than it does for Cleveland to make one of the Classics putters. Premium milled putters are expensive. As for the durability, if you keep it safe and don't abuse it, it should be fine.

I have always loved my SC putters. Are you paying for the name? Sure! Are they worth every penny? Absolutely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As durable as any other putter I would assume.

I saw that the new Scotty Cameron Selects have a dark finish. Does anyone know if they are durable? I would imagine it has to be if you're going to drop 350 on a putter.

I'm guessing the finish will pretty durable. Cameron does fairly well at only releasing good finishes now after a couple of slight failures. The finish really is only as good as the person that owns it. They come with headcovers for a reason.

I really like the looks of them. I know this is an unpopular statement.

Tapatalk

I really like the looks of them. I know this is an unpopular statement.

Tapatalk

Not unpopular to me. They look gorgeous. Half of putting is being confident standing over the putt. If you think the putter looks great, it is only going to give you more confidence. Can't wait until they hit stores this April. Going to be my first Scotty!

Are they in stores yet? I've seen pics and am actually loving the looks. I have a Newport 1.5 and have always thought it would be badarse if it were black.

Are they in stores yet? I've seen pics and am actually loving the looks. I have a Newport 1.5 and have always thought it would be badarse if it were black.

I don't think so, but soon.

I don't think so, but soon.

Nice. The local golf shop owner was telling me about them a few weeks ago but I couldn't remember when they were coming out. I'm more of an insert guy now, but the new putters look sweet. I'm really liking the new grip he came out with as well.

Nice. The local golf shop owner was telling me about them a few weeks ago but I couldn't remember when they were coming out. I'm more of an insert guy now, but the new putters look sweet. I'm really liking the new grip he came out with as well.

Much better than last years. His name is less obnoxiously displayed.

I was told the first week in April by several shops

I wish they offered the Del Mar and Fastback in this finish

Buddy of mine has the California finish and it's still holding up great after a season and half.

According to the guys at tcc.com they won't be in stores until June. The April release is supposedly a limited release with most stores only getting a couple of putters.

I think the finish will definitely stand up. The finish I had on my old California was terrible and did not hold up at all, but I think that the black will be fine as long as you care for the putter.

I think the finish will definitely stand up. The finish I had on my old California was terrible and did not hold up at all, but I think that the black will be fine as long as you care for the putter.

Really? My buddy goes to golf school and golf daily, considering some of his classes are going golfing. He's had hit for more than year and half and it still looks new. I wonder if it's model year differences or something?

Really? My buddy goes to golf school and golf daily, considering some of his classes are going golfing. He's had hit for more than year and half and it still looks new. I wonder if it's model year differences or something?

Could be. I golfed every day as well and kept the thing covered. All my other putters have stayed in beautiful condition. I have heard other stories as well about the honey dip finish being not very durable.

Could be. I golfed every day as well and kept the thing covered. All my other putters have stayed in beautiful condition. I have heard other stories as well about the honey dip finish being not very durable.

That would suck, such a beautiful finish.

Back