Parent teacher conferences tonight...always fun :act-up:

My 7 month old has started the crawling process the past few day. She still does not have it down but she is getting close. Teeth are right around the corner and she has started to try and grab everything she can reach.

My 7 month old has started the crawling process the past few day. She still does not have it down but she is getting close. Teeth are right around the corner and she has started to try and grab everything she can reach.

Before long she will be off walking. How I remember and miss those days.

Keep a close eye on her, because she's going to be off in a flash before you know it!

Ok, I have to share this sneak peek we just got from our photographer. It was Sophia's 2nd bday/family photos. Love my two blondes. The pic of her and I is my absolute favorite ever. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415242014.395652.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parenting Thread

My 12-year old daughter. 2, 1" boards. Proud of her. It took awhile for her to be comfortable delivering a firm strike. Now she's a killer on sparing day. https://vimeo.com/111298322

Last edited:
Getting rid of the paci/binki/fooler whatever you want to call it this week. This is day 3 and I may lose my mind. So far 2 bedtimes and 2 nap times we are averaging 2 hours of crying and begging for it. Plus a wake up mid way through the night that lasts an hour or so. No amount of being calm or threatening bodily harm seems to work. Ahh the joys of parenthood.

Getting rid of the paci/binki/fooler whatever you want to call it this week. This is day 3 and I may lose my mind. So far 2 bedtimes and 2 nap times we are averaging 2 hours of crying and begging for it. Plus a wake up mid way through the night that lasts an hour or so. No amount of being calm or threatening bodily harm seems to work. Ahh the joys of parenthood.

At least it's not the thumb. My 2 year old never took a pacifier. I wish she did because I can't cut the thumb off.

Good luck, I feel your pain with the ruff bed times.

At least it's not the thumb. My 2 year old never took a pacifier. I wish she did because I can't cut the thumb off.

Good luck, I feel your pain with the ruff bed times.

I had a cousin that sucked his thumb until he was like 5or 6. My aunt and uncle tried all sorts of stuff like hot sauce and some kind of nasty tasting Medicine to put on his thumb. Remembering that was one reason we went the paci route.

Love how my little girl always wants to be right next to me. Makes having to leave for NJ for a night tough.

Proud papa moment today. My daughter had a mini dance recital at one of the local retirement homes. Apparently, she was the only one in her class to show up, so she happily did the dance by herself, on stage, in front of about 50-60 people. Didn't think twice about it and had a blast. The old ladies loved her.

After the dance, the teacher told everyone my daughter had just learned the "moves" a week before.

I'm just glad she had fun.

32f93b33ea1c10a86de5ba3c8d2659d5.jpg

Love how my little girl always wants to be right next to me. Makes having to leave for NJ for a night tough.
My boy is the same way. Working on the ship for 30 days is hell. The first week I'm home his mom doesn't even exist it's just daddy daddy daddy. Drives her crazy lol. He has a song he sings when he comes and gets me at the airport. Dad's home dad's home so much fun so much fun. Makes being a dad great. Then again he had been crying now for 2.5 hours because of the paci ugh.

My wife and I got called last minute to chaperone the high school band to one of their final comps yesterday. We had a blast going on my daughter's bus and pretending to tell stories about her as she was walking on, the look on her face when she saw her mother and I was priceless :) She wasn't too friendly with us the rest of the night, but the band also spent 10+ hours on the bus this weekend between two competitions so she's wiped out. Glad to see she woke up in a good mood and ready to get to school today, though.

Got our daughter's preschool pictures today. They are, not great... Which is ok because they're funny, and we can do retakes. Here it is. I thought it was meme worthy too; this was the best I could come up with.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415753270695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415753270695.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415753315015.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415753315015.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
Is there anything worse than seeing your kid be miserable? I spent the better part of the night talking to my boy about problems he's having with some kids. He was hurting pretty bad and it just about broke my heart.

Is there anything worse than seeing your kid be miserable? I spent the better part of the night talking to my boy about problems he's having with some kids. He was hurting pretty bad and it just about broke my heart.

I hate to hear this. Kids can be cruel. Hope it gets better for him.

Got our daughter's preschool pictures today. They are, not great... Which is ok because they're funny, and we can do retakes. Here it is. I thought it was meme worthy too; this was the best I could come up with.

No. I don't want to build a snowman.

Immediately thought of the McKayla Maroney "Unimpressed" meme. Those pictures are begging for a side by side comparison!

My kids are going through a "no sleeping" phase. Harper is waking up consistently around 4:30 and babbling for the rest of the night, no matter how many times I go in to tell her to be quiet. She's not crying but it still keeps us up. The others are waking up in the 5AM hour and trying to get their iPads. I've locked those away and send them back to bed until 6:45 at the earliest. But between all that I have been lucky to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night right now. And shockingly they are all crabby by dinnertime each night. Bedtime is routinely between 7:30 and 8:15 for them but no matter when they go down they wake up at the same time. This phase needs to end fast.

My kids are going through a "no sleeping" phase. Harper is waking up consistently around 4:30 and babbling for the rest of the night, no matter how many times I go in to tell her to be quiet. She's not crying but it still keeps us up. The others are waking up in the 5AM hour and trying to get their iPads. I've locked those away and send them back to bed until 6:45 at the earliest. But between all that I have been lucky to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night right now. And shockingly they are all crabby by dinnertime each night. Bedtime is routinely between 7:30 and 8:15 for them but no matter when they go down they wake up at the same time. This phase needs to end fast.

I've learned that because of this I can't enjoy staying up a little later for some peace and quiet. I end up not getting enough sleep when I do because they're up so early.

I've learned that because of this I can't enjoy staying up a little later for some peace and quiet. I end up not getting enough sleep when I do because they're up so early.

We aim for 10 most nights. However invariably we look at the clock and realize we've had maybe an hour of adult time after all is said and done and make the mistake of staying up an extra hour far too often. Either that or we fall asleep on the couches by 9:30 and stay there all night.

Well, this was an interesting weekend with the kids.

Saturday morning my daughter left for NJ with the marching band for the national competition at MetLife. This was her first trip without us and with the band, her anxiety was so bad she was choking from crying so hard :( I called her chaperone, who was VERY understanding and did her best to talk to her at rehearsal and on the bus ride up. Things got worse when she accidentally threw out her brand new $300 retainers at dinner before their show, but she pulled through and did an amazing job. We drove down to NJ with our 8 yr old, who had a blast doing stuff with us without his sister, plus he got to stay up until nearly 1am at an NFL stadium, so he was loving it.

Yesterday we drove back and hit a science museum in CT on the way, which my son loved. My daughter finally got in around 10pm after spending the day in NYC, she was exhausted but in a fairly decent mood until we got home and for some reason my wife started in on her which pretty much destroyed any good mood in the house. This morning I think I'll just stick an IV of coffee into my arm!!

Put this in the HHJJ thread, but I'm putting it here too, getting close!

bbebdf2997f348d1fce46810b671117b.jpg

Back