Hello from Tigard, Oregon

tcufrog

Reaction score
Handicap
New guy here. Been watching the site for a couple of weeks. A thread on a busted shaft got me fired up enough to post. I just can't stand UPS.

Lefthanded golfer playing all Nike clubs. Wife works there, so they're easy to come by. I'm a loyalist, too, and Nike has treated me right. So far I've broken three shafts in a year and just gotten charged shipping to/from the repair department.

I grew up playing the Tualatin Country Club. I also really like Chehalem Glenn in Newberg and RedTail in Tigard isn't too bad of a place to hang. Didn't swing a stick for about 10 years until last year and am trying to get better.

Crap golfer and therefore not a golf snob. "Why make a driver that adjusts to your poor swing? You should just learn to swing better" is one of the most ridiculous statements of all time. Why not extend that to, "Why adjust club length and loft/lie angle to fit body size" or "Why play a golf ball that best fits your swing? You should just learn to swing so you get the best performance out of the ball you're using."

Welcome to THP.

Since when did Oregon get Tiger'd? Is there a Perkins in the area?

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP fellow lefty! We're starting to take over, I sense it.

Like the post dude. Nothing wrong with being a proud supporter of Nike. I think they've got some great gear on the shelves this year.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP.

welcome!

Great to have another Oregonian on the forum! I am down in Corvallis and there are a few others on the forum (Oregon Golfer, bonknhead and Jeff Conner are up your way). We just had a NW golf get together up in Tacoma and we are going to be getting together with some of the Portland guys soon.

Just noticed I'm member number 6244. That number seems shockingly low relative to the amount of time it takes for some threads to slip off page one.

Looking forward to hanging out. Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Welcome to THP tcu, check out your number to mine and see how this place has grown in less than 6 months. I know that the ones who have been here a few years are pretty avid posters and there is a lot of information being shared here.

Welcome!

Welcome, I think me and you are going to get along just fine.

Welcome. I'm in the Tigard area too and always looking for someone to play with. Drop a PM and let's go play sometime.

:welcome:

Welcome! Like Dr. Teeth said, I'm in the Portland/Vancouver area during the summer (starting in 3 days!). I am from that area, and my parents live there, but I go to Central Washington University 9 months of the year. During the summer, I work at Heron Lakes Golf Course in Portland. You are going to love this site, I sure have! Hit me up sometime so we can swing the sticks.

Welcome to THP...always glad to see another Pac NW member.

Welcome!

I miss Tigard. I had a lot of good times there when I lived in the couv.

Glad to have ya & :welcome:

Welcome fellow,
I love Nike clothing! My friends just moved to Oregon and they LOVE it! Gotta check it sometime ;-)

:alien2:welcome

Nice to meet you

Back