Swing Feedback: Video Included

mspmike113

Reaction score
Handicap
I wanted a little feedback from the THP community on my swing and some things I could work on to. Thanks for any help.

Updated**
Well now that we have the Panda helping I thought I might bring this one back. I am not hitting ball in it but I mainly looking for a square face at impact which is why I check the bottom of the club to see if the swipe is square to club head.

http://www.ubersense.com/video/view/OziNcaRG/michael-seidl-7-iron

http://www.ubersense.com/video/view/bBPBkP7X/michael-seidl-7-iron

Last edited:
What is your ball flight like and what is your common miss?

Also, do you swing the same when you are hitting a ball? It seems like you are swinging pretty easy in the videos.

That's what I struggle with when trying to come up with something. I would strongly suggest posting a video of you hitting balls. 99% of peoples practice swings differ from their swing when playing a ball.

I have a pretty smooth tempo but yeah thats pretty close to actual speed. Swing speed was just checked with a 3 wood I got about month ago at 104mph. My irons tend to slightly fade, but not severe at all. I would say about 5 yards or so from strait. Also a mid trajectory.

I will try and get some video from the range next time out to give you guys a better idea.

I will try and get some video from the range next time out to give you guys a better idea.

That would help a lot. Also what are looking to change about your swing? Do you want the ball to go higher? Hit a draw? Seems like you have a pretty good repeatable swing down.

I wanted some fresh eyes on it to see if I have any glaring issue. ex: over the top; poor posture things of that nature. I would like to be able to work the ball and adding a draw to the arrsenal could only help.

I wanted to add that when I am checking the bottom of my club I am looking to see if the marks created from the mat are sqaure to the club face. I think this is the most important thing I am looking for when swinging at home. Making sure the club head is square at impact is my biggest issue I would say.

I agree with drp, really need to see you hit an actual shot. Practice swings have no result, you're not actually trying to do anything but make the proper swing. Shoot a few vids of you hitting a shot from the front and side view and post them. We'll all get a much be representation of what you actually do in your "real" swing.

Back