Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I definitely need to get down to Dallas to try one on a monitor and see how it compares to my current setup.
I love the Xhot Matrix combo but it is slightly loud for my taste, that's the only negative I can find about it.
How does the Amp Cell compare in sound to the XHot?

I definitely need to get down to Dallas to try one on a monitor and see how it compares to my current setup.
I love the Xhot Matrix combo but it is slightly loud for my taste, that's the only negative I can find about it.
How does the Amp Cell compare in sound to the XHot?

Quieter and more solid sounding

TTing

Before my back decided to go out I was having a excellent day with my driver. I used to be real bad about slicing but man, the bimatrix was a awesome addition to the Amp Cell head. Nothing but frozen ropes, the only trouble I had was bad aim and also underestimating how far I could hit it and carrying way into the woods. This driver won't be going anywhere!

Played a round today and hit driver on 8 holes. Hit 6 FIR's with one miss being from driving through a dogleg. I continue to be impressed. Only issue I have now is that I'm starting to fall for the blue head... Hmmmmm....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Not the best maiden voyage with the driver today. Had a case of the hooks
And then when I thought I had piped one on 18 it was 30 yards shorter than a few drivers with the d2.

Gonna take it to the range this week and get it sorted out.

And then when I thought I had piped one on 18 it was 30 yards shorter than a few drivers with the d2.

Sorry to hear buddy. Here's hoping you get it figured out!

I had been playing this driver recently with the 4s in it and jacked the loft up to 11.5 Had a quick range session on Saturday to warm up before my round and brought the B Asha and the KK out with me. I ended up going with the KK and kept the loft at 11.5. For the Morgan Cup I played with the KK shaft and set it to 9.5. I don't think I really sacrificed anything distance wise by doing so and I ended up hitting 11 of 13 fairways on the day with it. Without a doubt my best driving day for a course not named True Blue. Having the ball in the fairway was a nice advantage for me as it allowed me to play more of my game. I ended up with birdies on 3 of 4 par 5's, and if not for a lip out would have been all 4. It was a much better experience than spraying it all over. Even saw my draw return which was even better. Going to try and play Friday morning and keep the setup the same to see if I see some similar results.

Sorry to hear buddy. Here's hoping you get it figured out!

Wasnt all the driver's fault, thats for sure. As I saw in MB this may not be the "best" shaft option for me, but I want to give it a fair shot before expanding the search.

I'm having some...mental issues...on the tee again with over thing and not just SWINGING the club, but man does this one still shine for me so far. I'm just as infatuated as I was on day one.

I hit some really big shots for me on swings that I honestly felt like weren't all that "fast", there are a couple others if love some time with out there right now, but I really can't justify it. Love the blue bomber.

I'm having some...mental issues...on the tee again with over thing and not just SWINGING the club, but man does this one still shine for me so far. I'm just as infatuated as I was on day one.

I hit some really big shots for me on swings that I honestly felt like weren't all that "fast", there are a couple others if love some time with out there right now, but I really can't justify it. Love the blue bomber.

The Blue Steel does the same for me. Seems the easier and more relaxed I swing it, the more consistent and long I get it. Admittedly, I'm still grooving my swing, but this driver just feels really easy to create the slight pull/slight fade combination that gets the ball where I'm aiming.

Cobra hit a home run with this driver, for me.

For those of you in the market for a Amp Cell Rock Bottom Golf is now carrying them for $129. At that price I'm highly considering picking up one so I can have one to practice with and one to game.

For those of you in the market for a Amp Cell Rock Bottom Golf is now carrying them for $129. At that price I'm highly considering picking up one so I can have one to practice with and one to game.

Maybe I'll pick up an orange one so that I can rotate them to match whatever shoes I'm wearing that day......:D

Finally picked up one of these today (well, placed the online order anyway...). Hopefully the red Amp Cell for red numbers will be in the bag this weekend.

My wife hates you right now. (Thanks from me though)

Maybe I'll pick up an orange one so that I can rotate them to match whatever shoes I'm wearing that day......:D

I'd really like to get one and have it painted pink so I could throw a Pink Bi Matrix in there but itd be hard for me to go away from the orange, its like perfect Clemson orange.

My wife hates you right now. (Thanks from me though)

Anytime brother, my girlfriend is mad I'm in the market for some Ping irons, haha

Hey guys,

new here. I am a 24 year old looking to get into golf. I have a whole set of cobra clubs, minus a driver, so this driver caught my eye. I love the positive feedback that I am seeing, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about what kind of shaft I should get? I am just starting to get into golf a bit, so I am high handicapper at best. I am 5-10, 190 lbs and have no idea what my swing speed or anything like that is. Which shaft stiffness would you guys recommend? Would a regular shaft be too flimsy for me? Or would that be better since I am somewhat of a beginner?

Thanks

People would recommend getting a fitting, but I would honestly tell you just to go straight for the stiff shaft. I think it will work well and you will be just fine with that

TTing

you best figure it out...

Can someone measure how long the word 'cobra' is for the alignment aid?

According to the machinist's calipers (within .01" because of the curved surface):

.84" long, .09" high

Hey guys,

new here. I am a 24 year old looking to get into golf. I have a whole set of cobra clubs, minus a driver, so this driver caught my eye. I love the positive feedback that I am seeing, but I wanted to see what you guys thought about what kind of shaft I should get? I am just starting to get into golf a bit, so I am high handicapper at best. I am 5-10, 190 lbs and have no idea what my swing speed or anything like that is. Which shaft stiffness would you guys recommend? Would a regular shaft be too flimsy for me? Or would that be better since I am somewhat of a beginner?

Thanks

Welcome to THP, hit the check-in desk when you get a chance. It is very difficult to give an accurate recomendation with having some numbers. Do you have a bib box retailer close where you could try out the club?

Back