Changing Equipment - What Club Do You Change The Most

driver.
always looking for the next best thing for consistency and distance.
gone thru 9 or so in the past 10 years i'd say...which i'm sure is not a lot, when comparing to some.

It depends. If we count swapping out with things we already have, then it's my FWs/hybos. If we are talking buying new stuff to replace old, it would be driver.

Wedges all the time, especially the 60*. I just have a thing for trying different ones but I still keep coming back to the PING tour wedges

For me it's the hybrids, putter and driver in that order. Although this year, I have been looking at some new irons.

Got a used Redwood putter years ago and it's been awesome. I won't get rid of it unless someone steals the damn thing!

Otherwise, driver just because it's almost impossible to try out every shaft on the market without buying a new driver every now and then for the sake of trying a new one.

Putters and Drivers - I'll buy new putters, but one has to be really bad for me to get rid of it. I think I have seven in the house right now. Drivers on the other hand, I get rid of when I buy the next one. I've been through seven drivers in the past three years without mentioning the shafts that have had various adapters on them for usage.

I probably switch irons no more than every 2-3 years, wedges every 2 years or so, FW and hybrids 1-2 years. The new club syndrome usually powers that urge.

This is going to sound dumb, but define "change." Like a 1 for 1 swap of a certain brand name? Or any change whatsoever? For example, I know guys who swear by a certain brand of wedges, so much so that they own nearly every lift and bounce offered. He sticks with three wedges, but which three wedges might change depending on the course he's playing.

For me, probably drivers, followed by putters. But I'm fairly new to gear-hoarding.

Driver

Not sure why, caught up in the hype methinks. The best driver Ive ever hit has been out of my bag for 2 years for some reason. Someday I'll learn my lesson

Same here. Same reasoning.

I've come to realize that I tend to hit them all about the same.

Wedges for me. Seems like each time I get used to what I'm using, I learn of another option and jump on in (Scor, Hopkins.....).

I used to change drivers like I changed socks.(at least once a year)
But I have had the R-11 in the bag since the spring of 2011. I do think it's time for an update.
The 3 wood is my next most changed club followed by the putter.

Probably the putter with me. I've been through about 5 in the past few years, finally settling on my Scotty. Putters just seem to lose their feel and confidence level quicker that any other club in the bag.

I am on my 3rd driver, 2nd set of irons and 5th putter in the last year.

I'm among those that changes clubs pretty rarely, although I admit that this forum gives me the itch to change a bit more often because I get the feeling I'm missing out on whatever is the latest and greatest. For me, 3 wood and putter are probably tied. I've changed each twice in the last 3 years or so. I've changed drivers twice in the last 10 years or so (upgrading to an R7 in 2005 or 2006, whenever it came out, and trading that for a Razr Hawk about 2 or so years ago). In my adult life, I've only ever changed irons once, upgrading the Titleist DTRs that I had played since junior high to Burner 2.0s about 2 and a half years ago.

Without a doubt it is driver for me. This is probably a terrible idea because it is the most inconsistent club in my bag. There is probably some sort of correlation here.

Definitely the 3 wood. I had never been able to find the right one. Now it's a Mashie with 3wood loft. This relationship is lasting..........for now. Never been much of a putter changer, but as of late my putting has left me. I am seriously thinking of a SeeMore with a plumbers neck.J.

Driver and wedges, no contest.

It's because these parts of my game (driving, short game around the green) are what seems to come and go willy nilly and what having a good round hinges on. If I have 3 bad rounds with the driver in a row, it's got to be the clubs fault right? :angel:

Driver for me I've had 5 since joining THP, then irons.

Driver for me. Purchased 3 new drivers in the last 2 or so years. In that same time span, I've updated the rest of my clubs only once.

Now ive got to count my drivers ive gone through

Titleist 910 d2
Nike vrs
Cleveland classic
Cleveland classic xl
Bridgestone j40
Cobra amp cell

I've swapped putters the most since I got back to the game.

Drivers-2
Fwd-2
Irons-2
Wedges-1set of 3(although I'm testing a Hopkins 56*)
Putters-3 (one was forum testing)

Well drivers and putters 3 drivers and now I'm on my 6th putter or so in the past few years

For me its my wedges as I use those the most next to the putter. If I find a great putter then I stick with that, but wedges get swapped out more often in my bag.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Definitely my Driver. But I think I found a keeper with my Nike VRs with Oban shaft.

I haven't changed a lot in my set over the last 5 years. I've had 2 new drivers, and 1 new putter. The irons have been the same and I've added wedges, but they were not replacing anything else.

Back