The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Yes, unfortunately gcruz, balls have been ordered.

Just another amazing facet to this event!
If I lose all mine, Cool a lot more people playing e6's!

Unless they will be personalized, then guys if you find one of my golf balls. Please return it at the end of the round.

This is amazing. We are very lucky to have THP and Bridgestone for this event. I cant wait to play this amazing venue. A little walking will be good for me :)

No problem. Still a great ball, no matter what color.

I never said I had an issue with it, I was merely letting those who might not of went to the course site know the info. The desert courses out here seed in Sept and October, not an uncommon thing.

IF you and your partner are with Buck and myself I would have no problem at all if you wanted to walk the course for the round. I will be ok with the use of a cart where I can though.

That's kinda sucky to hear cart path only. It will certainly slow things down out there for everyone and nobody likes slow play

Being from AZ, cart path only is just a way of life in the fall. You learn to carry one longer and one shorter club to your ball.

I am OK with the walking if it means playing such an amazing course. Thanks again THP for everything.

I'm excited, I've never been to Vegas and I've never played a TPC course...lots of firsts for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe this news. Getting to play the Las Vegas TPC is beyond belief. I can't believe how excited I am about this. I am blown away by everything you all do in putting these events together. And I am so happy that I am going to be participating in this event.

That's kinda sucky to hear cart path only. It will certainly slow things down out there for everyone and nobody likes slow play

Shouldnt be too bad, I have to think that since everyone on the course is doing it that there will be a steady flow going. Plus I know that they have 3 marshalls out at all times just to make sure play is flowing smoothly

Thanks #Cookie for posting that flyover. The course looks fantastic and really illustrates the line from the GolfChannel article that JB posted -- " It definitely puts a premium on the tee ball.

I've never played a TPC course, nor a desert course, nor been to a THP event, so there will be a lot of "first times" for me come late September. I'm buzzing with anticipation.
I kind of like the idea of cart path only. It just sort of puts you in greater touch with the course. Can't wait!

We are proud to announce that the THP Bridgestone Championship is heading to play one of the finest courses in the area. TPC Las Vegas will be the site of this incredible event. While the cost is normally quite high for this beauty of a golf course at this time (nearing $200 per round), your costs will not change of course for the THP event that we are incredibly excited about.

Here is a Golf Channel article on the venue including its fairly well known golfers that are out there from time to time.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/travel-articles/hang-with-pga-tour-pros-at-tpc-las-vegas/

quoting since its buried in the excitement!

I'd like to propose a local rule allowing 1 extra club per cart so we can get out of the desert w/out destroying our clubs.

I'd like to propose a local rule allowing 1 extra club per cart so we can get out of the desert w/out destroying our clubs.

Haha, drop it and laugh about it!! My Canadian butt isn't going desert ball hunting!

I was thinking the same thinking. While I was doing the flyover, all I could think of was all that rocky desert my tee shot is most likely to end up in.

%7B8c3f8281-70db-44cd-9c50-b7215a8fc788%7Dlas%20vegas%2013592.jpg

Are you KIDDING me?!?!?!?!

You guys flat out rock. THP... Deano the course finding MACHINO!!!!!!! YUSS!

The hole before is a short par 4 so two great scoring oppurtunities

This is a very easy course to walk so CPO will not be an issue. I really like playing this course, folks are in for a real treat.

Also can be used for killing rattlesnakes.

Thanks #Cookie for posting that flyover. The course looks fantastic and really illustrates the line from the GolfChannel article that JB posted -- " It definitely puts a premium on the tee ball.

I've never played a TPC course, nor a desert course, nor been to a THP event, so there will be a lot of "first times" for me come late September. I'm buzzing with anticipation.
I kind of like the idea of cart path only. It just sort of puts you in greater touch with the course. Can't wait!

The phrase "out of the frying pan, into the fire" immediately comes to mind with the transition to TPC Las Vegas. Wow, outstanding job by all involved in securing this great venue.

Thanks #cookie for the flyovers. The included yardages/playing suggestions are very helpful. Of course the flyovers also illustrate why "cart path only" isn't really a big deal. We can't take a cart where most of us will be hitting the ball anyway. :doh:

I hate to sound like a noob, but I wanted to make sure that lasers and GPS are OK for tournament rounds?

I hate to sound like a noob, but I wanted to make sure that lasers and GPS are OK for tournament rounds?

I sure hope so (and all others have been fine with them).

I'd be lost without my GPS!

They have never been outlawed in any other THP event

Yep, they will be just fine. Used mine at several invitationals and the Morgan Cup.

_header_LasVegas-coursebeauty3.jpg

Hmmmmm, this course looks like one I'd be proud to play!
Checking out the scorecard, I'd like to put my vote in for the Blended Tees. 6,336 yards; Rating 68.7 / Slope 128.

I'm playing the e6 really well now and hitting some straight, boring shots. I have a feeling this was a great ball selection for me, given all the arroyos, water and rattlesnakes.

Between the TPC announcement, the Bridgestone ball page and the coozy and ball marker in the newsletter, I'm freaking all jazzed up about this shindig.

Back