The Poutine Thread

I know the fast food restaurants in Canada serve poutine. In MD there is a place that serves duck fat fries with duck confit. It's pretty beast.

There are many places to get it in the US.
I'm glad! Now if only Ginger Beef would take on as well.

I may go find some cheese curds and create my own using five guys fries or something magical like that.

Giant Eagle and Kroger Marketplace has cheese curds (not that I'd know) and the 5 Guys fries are magical for this. I've done this with Waffle House Gravy, 5 Guys fries and cheese curds.

I'm not ashamed of it either.

While poutine sounds good I must raise the bar with some green chile cheese fries!

I'm might lose my citizenship but I will take this over poutine any day of the week.

I know the fast food restaurants in Canada serve poutine. In MD there is a place that serves duck fat fries with duck confit. It's pretty beast.

Sure is. Its in Columbia and we stopped there on our way back from a THP event. It was quite good.

interesting...There's a KFC/AW a couple blocks from me. I may have to run up there real quick and try this.

Man this thread is making me starving

Hey Canadan - Poutine As Fast Food

Hey Canadan - Poutine As Fast Food

While poutine sounds good I must raise the bar with some green chile cheese fries!

That's not raising anything but I applaud you for setting the bar so low.. :]

TTing

Last edited:
While poutine sounds good I must raise the bar with some green chile cheese fries!/QUOTE]

That's not raising anything but I applaud you for setting the bar so low.. :]

TTing

Ha ha I understand that those fries may be a little much for weaker mouths to handle. If you keep a little ice cream close it will help sooth those tender taste buds! :D

Sure is. Its in Columbia and we stopped there on our way back from a THP event. It was quite good.

Nice. Glad to know you've been there. Shame. I didn't spot the van I used to live 5 mins away. It would of been great to run into you two.

A&W has changed their fries here now, they are real potato! As gross as that sounds, they are a disgusting french fry now.

Poutine is everywhere here, so its not like we are without choice when it comes to that delicacy.... I prefer the Burger King version.... even though the Burger King here is the most disgusting and poorly run franchise I have ever set foot into. It has really gone downhill since I was in college (like 1998), I ate there every day for a 10:30 lunch, I can't even convince myself to go there anymore its that bad.

I will be forever grateful for A&W, met my ex there and 3 beautiful kids later I truly wish we had more down south. It's all about the fries.

They actually opened up another A&W where I live. Surprised it's not that popular in the States.

Haven't tried the poutine there but the poutine at Wendy's is pretty good as long as you ask for unsalted fries since they put way too much salt on their fries.

New York fries is also good for poutine.

My favourite poutine was the massive plate full that we could get from my high school cafeteria for $5 (and I've been to Quebec). Sooo tasty and artery clogging.

Yes, They have them in 99% of fast food places here in Canada. I was in Hawaii's airport, it was pretty late and all they had was fast-food places open and Starbucks (Huge line) So I went up to the Wendys and KFC separately and asked can I please just get a Poutine Thanks..

They both said "Poutine?" I said yes, a poutine! Both ladies at each place looked very puzzled and then asked with a really weird face "whats that" I replyed its fries, gravy and cheese. I got the wierdest look and was laughed at by one lady in the back kitchen. I thought it was a typical meal like it is here. So then I decided to wait in the very large line for Starbucks haha

For people who aren't in Canada and don't have a KFC/A&W nearby...

Only in Canada would they use that "mascot" :D

Only in Canada would they use that "mascot" :D

Apparently the creator is from Toronto.... But it's being pushed in the US...

@frenchfryheaven: "@CanadanGolf we have a wicked good Poutine. I'm from Toronto. Had to adapt the cheese for the states, but the flavor is solid!"

I don't care how goofy their mascots are, I want POUTINE!

Grated cheese just doesn't cut it.

That mascot also makes me want to find the ignorant torontonian and smack them with a 9 iron.

What is this?!?!?!

menu-canadian.jpg

Frenchfryheaven.com

I must have.

Having moved from Canada the 2 things I really miss are Poutine and Pizza from Regina Saskatchewan. Regina has the best pizza I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Having moved from Canada the 2 things I really miss are Poutine and Pizza from Regina Saskatchewan. Regina has the best pizza I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Please don't say its Western Pizza. It sounds like people just use any cheese on Poutine down in the states. Close attempt but it's not the real deal.

Back