The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than a chance that we run with Gurley and Marshall in the game. Murray will throw for a lot of yards but those two will also have a lot of yards. It will come down to if either defense can take the ball away a couple of times IMO.

Don't get me wrong. UGA will run the ball, and Gurshal will get their yards. The difference will be in they can run at will. If so, UGA will slow down the game big time and keep Clemson's offense off of the field. That would be a 24-17ish type game. If the score gets really high, I think it favors Clemson more.

Don't get me wrong. UGA will run the ball, and Gurshal will get their yards. The difference will be in they can run at will. If so, UGA will slow down the game big time and keep Clemson's offense off of the field. That would be a 24-17ish type game. If the score gets really high, I think it favors Clemson more.

Our defense is vastly improved over last year I think, and even last year at the end of the season it was not bad at all (with the exception of the NC State game). I think we'll be okay in terms of stopping the run or the pass, but both will be really tough. UGA has a good dual-threat attack on offense.

Our defense is vastly improved over last year I think, and even last year at the end of the season it was not bad at all (with the exception of the NC State game). I think we'll be okay in terms of stopping the run or the pass, but both will be really tough. UGA has a good dual-threat attack on offense.

I agree, and I was really impressed with how the defense stopped LSU from running in the bowl game. ("LSU didn't want to be there" in 3...2...1...)

But, UGA's OL and RBs will likely be the best that Clemson will face all season. I highly doubt that Clemson will be able to completely shut down the run. Although, the front seven is definitely the better part of the defense.

I'll say it again, though. If this game is played in the 20s or less, UGA will likely win it. If it is in the 35+s, I think Clemson takes it. It should be really fun to watch.

Stop living in the past

and they went undefeated which warrants discussion, just like Notre Lame

and they finished 3rd in AP which means they were kinda ranked-ish

Do you really think they would of hung with Alabama in the NC game? I think Ohio State was good, but I'm still not sold.

On another topic we had a patient today say Roll Tide in the waiting room that is a little on the crazy side for me.

On another topic we had a patient today say Roll Tide in the waiting room that is a little on the crazy side for me.

Completely understandable. It's a cheer and a prayer and a greeting and a exclamation and really just a way of life.

I guess but in a hospital it is a little weird.

Don't know how much you are exposed to Alabama fans, but let's just say the ESPN commercial has a WHOLE lot of truth to it.

I'm glad I'm not a Oregon State fan!!!

That is terrible.

at the 29 second mark I already felt like I had been wathcing it for minutes and checked to see if it was over soon

Gotta side with the bammer here. I don't see how saying that phrase in a hospital is any better or worse than anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, it's never acceptable, I just don't see the problem with saying it in a hospital, assuming it was towards another fan.

If he did nothing wrong, why is he being suspended for a half?

I'm surprised he got that much. So why suspended for a half? What did he do wrong then?
Great minds think alike.

Other than being an Aggie, but if the NCAA found out about that they would have suspended him for the full year.
Isnt playing for the Aggies punishment enough?

hmm, interesting "agreement" between NCAA and the school, I seem to recall MR Pryor being suspended for basically the same thing....but then again Johnny Football did no wrong

hmm, interesting "agreement" between NCAA and the school, I seem to recall MR Pryor being suspended for basically the same thing....but then again Johnny Football did no wrong

It was similar if you substitute the cash for tattoos. It's cuz of that trophy he won last year. Maybe the NCAA does want to give it their best effort to stop the Bama 3peat.

I wonder what AJ Green is thinking right about now?

Sell a game jersey, get a three-game suspension. But, sell thousands of autographs, get a half-game suspension.

Hopefully, this will be the turning point for schools just dropping the NCAA as the governing body. (Spoiler Alert: It won't.)

Gotta side with the bammer here. I don't see how saying that phrase in a hospital is any better or worse than anywhere else. Don't get me wrong, it's never acceptable, I just don't see the problem with saying it in a hospital, assuming it was towards another fan.

Thats the problem it wasn't toward another fan in that they were not talking about Mizzou or football for that matter it just came out of the guys mouth. The best part is after a couple blank stares he looks at them and said ya I said Roll Tide wtf.

Clay Travis on outkickthecoverage has been touting this resolution for a week about suspending Manziel for a game or two. Did he make some bank from selling those autographs probably, but I bet it was hard to prove.

The NCAA is such a joke. Pompous and inconsistent with punishment. Took away Georgia Tech's ACC championship but couldn't prove any wrong doing by Demarius Thomas over $250 in free athletic wear, which he gave back. Just didn't like how the AD (now at Clemson) handled the investigation.

From what I'm hearing they couldn't prove he was paid for the autographs, they could only prove he signed them. By signing them he commited a secondary violation by not attempting to stop others from making money on his name. That is why he received the slap on the wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back