Cobra Has a New Putter

lol, sparrow? #15 needs to unblock the ReadDeal so I can have equipment talks with him again.

He's a flamboyant chap, they don't unblock anyone, b/c only flamboyant chaps block in the first place.

Either way, I hope this putter does the trick this week.

That is a smooth looking putter, he posted a video and some pics on twitter yesterday. One of the videos he hit a pretty long putt with it.

He's a flamboyant chap, they don't unblock anyone, b/c only flamboyant chaps block in the first place.

Either way, I hope this putter does the trick this week.

lol yeah just because you picked him, take note Thainer. :alien:

That is a smooth looking putter, he posted a video and some pics on twitter yesterday. One of the videos he hit a pretty long putt with it.

Yeah and one handed at that!!!

Nice looking putter, I really like the milling on the face.

Very nice looking putter, I would love to see one in person

I really like the looks of this putter. I would love to roll one and see how it felt.

I have changed putters a bunch of times in the last 8-10 years, but I have gone back to my old friend, a Ping B60, every time. I just love the feel and weight of it. Maybe because I have had it for so long, but I seem to putt better with it than anything else I have tried.

Looks sweet. Would not mind trying one of those without the name please!

Maybe it's because I'm not an Anser-style fan, but to me, it just looks like another Anser-style putter. No different than any version every putter company out there has. It is a nicely shaped piece of metal, and I like the engraving on the back and bottom, but that's about it.

Rife lost Kuchar and Poulter in the same year. Bad news for Rife.

They are not out on tour anymore. That is far worse news. You wont be seeing any more putters from them unless they find some money or get purchased.

They are not out on tour anymore. That is far worse news. You wont be seeing any more putters from them unless they find some money or get purchased.

JB, Have you heard anything about a possible purchase of Rife? I hope someone picks them up as it is pretty good brand and the putters are good quality.

Any info if it's coming to retail and when?

What I mean is does anyone know if cobra is planning on releasing a new line of retail putters soon?

I need !!

when can i buy it,

I need !!

when can i buy it,

Wicket - You are the new ole gray dude :thumb: It is a sharp looking putter and it would go well in your bag.

I don't believe I have ever before seen a Cobra putter (though I know, as some have mentioned, that they exist). Not too shabby though. The face looks cool.

Nice looking putter, I would like to try it.

Alright here is my dads putter that he LOVES and has been using for years, i even offered to buy him a new one but he doesnt want one lol. Heres the pics i told you i would post.
CobraPutter3.jpg
[/IMG]
CobraPutter2.jpg
[/IMG]
CobraPutter.jpg
[/IMG]

Strangely enough Cobra used to be a big part of the premium putter market back when they had Bobby Grace designing for them. Then when he left they fell off of the map. Then when they put putters back on the market a couple of years ago, they were nothing compelling and clearly trying to start in the bottom/middle and work their way up a la Nike.

I am an unabashed Cobra (apparently Ol' Gray and I are in fact brothers) fan just because they made 2-3 of my favorite clubs of all time like the 414 Comp driver, L4V Comp driver and the Pro CB irons. But I have to admit I don't always understand their business decisions or marketing decisions. I thought they could have used the momentum of a good critical reviews of the Pro CB and MB line of irons to ease back into the upper end of putter market. Instead they have focused on their SGI & GI offerings and never really followed up the L4V with a bona fide smash hit driver.

I won't even get into their marketing. They had several power players and were identified with hot faced drivers and then started signing up guys in stovepipe trousers and Kevin Na. Now they got some really weird selections for players.

Hopefully the Puma connection will get them the R&D $'s or whatever it is they need to go after the player's level (low handicap, whatever your preferred term is) of products again soon, including putters. A nice coup d'état would be to snare one of the great designers for a limited line of offerings like Mizuno did with both Bettinardi and TP Mills.

Last edited:
Interesting ....I know Poulter had a couple of Camerons he was testing the last few weeks. Some sweet pink Studio Select tours.

Back