The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this new release info is making my head spin, and I didn't even get drunk last night.

At at 2.5 times the cost, shouldnt you expect that. But while I am surfing the web, checking my email and everything else you do on your IPad, I know I will have $300 bucks in my pocket that the IPad costs extra and I prefer it that way for a device that is a fringe device to begin with. I like Apple quite a bit, but in a tablet, $500-$1000 is absurd for what it is used for.

Great post. Since I got my fire, I haven't found anything it cant do that my ipad could. Put that together with Prime, and its awesome!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Doesn't the ipad have a video camera and the Kindle Fire doesn't? I want an iPad. TC should send me his free one. Then I would have a free one.

Kevin

Doesn't the ipad have a video camera and the Kindle Fire doesn't? I want an iPad. TC should send me his free one. Then I would have a free one.

Kevin

I have the first ipad. The camera on the Ipad2 leaves a lot to be desired.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Kevin

Lol

The reason we chose the ipad over the kindle is b/c of the larger screen. I want my tablet to be more tablet like and not oversized phone like. I can type like a speed demon on it too.

Lol

The reason we chose the ipad over the kindle is b/c of the larger screen. I want my tablet to be more tablet like and not oversized phone like. I can type like a speed demon on it too.

Did you hear I text now?

Kevin

Lol

Pull up a movie on the iPad and then one in the Fire, video size is quite similar actually.

I like them both, but prefer to read on the Fire over the iPad. And since I have gotten away from reading this past year, I set one of my new years resolutions to read 50 pages of a book per day. Did it a few years ago and decided to do it again. Figured I would give the fire a go since I prefer to read on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did. Welcome to 2012.

Thank you. The world seems so much more crisp and clear now that I've embraced technology.

Luke just blew up the Death Star on Spike TV.

Kevin

Thank you. The world seems so much more crisp and clear now that I've embraced technology.

Luke just blew up the Death Star on Spike TV.

Kevin

We are Darth Vader fans in our house hold.

Funny thing just happened. Erin had on her Packer gear to wear out to the wing joint but when she heard ARod was sitting out, she changed.

We are Darth Vader fans in our house hold.

Funny thing just happened. Erin had on her Packer gear to wear out to the wing joint but when she heard ARod was sitting out, she changed.

Oh no. Is she more a Rodgers fan than a Packers fan?

You need wings and some hair of the dog to shake off New Year's Eve?

Kevin

Lets be honest here. Unless you just hate Apple and many do, theres is only one reason to not get the iPad is you're getting a tablet and that's the price. And that's why the kindle fire is doing well. I have Prime and I dont see that as much incentive to get a Fire.

Beast mode from tapatalk

And Flash. Lets not forget that one.
Lets be honest here. Unless you just hate Apple and many do, theres is only one reason to not get the iPad is you're getting a tablet and that's the price. And that's why the kindle fire is doing well. I have Prime and I dont see that as much incentive to get a Fire.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Beast mode from tapatalk

I have both, partly because I'm a tech gadget geek. But, the Prime on the fire is sweet. 9 hour drive, I'm 2.5 hours in, and my daughter is on round two of Scooby Doo on prime instant video.
The free streaming is great on the fire, especially for road trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no. Is she more a Rodgers fan than a Packers fan?

You need wings and some hair of the dog to shake off New Year's Eve?

Kevin

Nah, she really like Starks and Shields the most but she knows that they'll get thumped today so she rocked some Panther gear instead.

Having prime I now look to Amazon first before buying anything. Free shipping and no 7.75% tax on items is nice. Amazon has sucked me in.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Nah, she really like Starks and Shields the most but she knows that they'll get thumped today so she rocked some Panther gear instead.

I'd rock some Panthers gear today if I had some. But I don't even have any Packers gear except a hat.

Kevin

Beast mode from tapatalk

After playing with two of them last night for about 4 hours they are a really great device, and I would agree that they are the best tablet on the market for 90% of the population. The software really is intuitive and someone who is not at all tech savy like my wife can figure it out and do everything she needs to do in minutes. Thats a really great feature and I have to admit I can see why the Ipad is so popular. There are other tablets on the market that have better hardware, easier to unlock and other things, but I think in general the features of the Ipad combined with its marketing do make it a great product for most.

As for me, I find the Ipad a little too large for what I want a tablet to be and I love the Kindle fire that I bought for my wife that is now mine. It is just the right size to carry around, and I find it a great device. I already have a smart phone, and a laptop that goes everywhere I do, I don't need my tablet to be a smaller computer. I just need it to be a convient device that somewhat bridges the two devices and has some features that I may not have on the other two.

Note: You read that correctly OEM, I said nice things aboot Apple.

lol I had to read that twice CB to be sure I read nice things about Apple.

Beast mode from tapatalk

That will be gone in about two years. Adobe has stopped upgrading it and HTML5 is the future.

Tapatalkin

This. The flash argument is done.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Great, I will just wait 2 years then. No thanks.
That will be gone in about two years. Adobe has stopped upgrading it and HTML5 is the future.

Tapatalkin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back