NY Times & LPGA DQ's

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/02/sports/golf/02wgolf.html

Good article for the most part, but learn the players please.

Suzann Pettersen posted a five-under-par 67 for a one-shot lead over the 2008 champion Lorena Ochoa during a first round in which Alfredsson, Maria Hjorth and Sangsang Feng loomed like ghosts. Their disqualification on the eve of the first women’s major of the year before the first official shot had been struck was another spoonful of bad publicity for the L.P.G.A. Tour, which over the past year has had to swallow a change in leadership at the top and a downsized schedule.

It is uncouth but not unheard of for a pro to fail to appear for a pro-am start. In 2008, John Daly said he misread his tee time at Bay Hill in Orlando, Fla., and showed up late, resulting in his disqualification.

Sangsang Feng isn't playing. How about Shanshan Feng.

Wow. Props to you JB for catching that. I'm sure the majority of people who read that article passed over it without a second thought.

• Admin
I would like to take the credit, but I will give it to the proper place. S. Wilcox emailed me this morning after reading it.

I think that is a little extreme to call it
another spoonful of bad publicity for the L.P.G.A. Tour
I mean, most people probably don't even know it happened and I don't think it is that crazy that they were DQ. It happens in all professional golf. I don't think it was anything the LPGA did wrong and will result in bad publicity.

• Admin
I think that is a little extreme to call it
I mean, most people probably don't even know it happened and I don't think it is that crazy that they were DQ. It happens in all professional golf. I don't think it was anything the LPGA did wrong and will result in bad publicity.

I agree completely Soxy.

Back