v3.0

Reaction score
Handicap
--
I am in the market for a new pair of golf-shoes. I have a question for the shoe-experts here:

What brand of golf shoes has the feet (especially heels) sitting lowest to the ground? Or, in other words, what brand of golf-shoes has the thinnest soles?

The above is all I would like an answer to, but what the hey, I might as well state some other preferences: I prefer 'classic' over 'fashionable'. I probably won't spend much more than $100 on my golf-shoes....

I am in the market for a new pair of golf-shoes. I have a question for the shoe-experts here:

What brand of golf shoes has the feet (especially heels) sitting lowest to the ground? Or, in other words, what brand of golf-shoes has the thinnest soles?

The above is all I would like an answer to, but what the hey, I might as well state some other preferences: I prefer 'classic' over 'fashionable'. I probably won't spend much more than $100 on my golf-shoes....

I believe that adidas claims that their soles are the thinnest out there. If you're looking to spend <$100 try GG for some deals on last year's models:clapp:

I believe I read that the Adidas 4.0 360 has the smallest sole on the market. I could be wrong though.

The pumas I have sit pretty low...

Thanks all! Keep'em coming! :thumb:

Footjoy Lo-Pros.

& Thanks Dent! I checked these out on-line, because I like Footjoys. I could only find a women's line though. And despite my avatar, I'm a boy!

Do you have a Golfsmith near you? I'm sure they have them.

FootJoy Lopro-White/Black at Golfsmith.com

I am not near a GolfSmith unfortunately. The shoe you linked to does come in my size, but it is marketed as a ladies shoe. I'd play with ladies golf-balls, pink tees also, but I am not sure I am liberated enough to wear ladies shoes.

Nothing is closer to the ground than the adidas 4.0/adipure. FJ Lo-Pro is probably 2nd or 3rd with adidas Powerbands. The 4.0's are by far the lowest measurement wise.

Thanks! I will be trying on some adidas shoes for sure next time I am at Dick's. I am not keen on the 4.0 style, but one or two of the variations look allright to me.

I am not near a GolfSmith unfortunately. The shoe you linked to does come in my size, but it is marketed as a ladies shoe. I'd play with ladies golf-balls, pink tees also, but I am not sure I am liberated enough to wear ladies shoes.

Oops!! Sorry V3. Didn't see the description. You could always go with the ebay route or have golf smith deliver. But the trying on thing is a problem.

Oops!! Sorry V3. Didn't see the description. You could always go with the ebay route or have golf smith deliver.
I don't buy shoes, golves, clothes online. I like to try them on for size.

And if the Lopro's look and feel good to me in the store, and I forget that they are a ladies shoe, I might even walk out in them! :zdance:

Thanks for the help everybody! I might not have picked up an adidas shoe in the store, as I am not keen on their styling. Nonetheless, I bought a pair today!

Here they are:

adidas Men's Powerband 3.0 Golf Shoe - White/Black

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3999753

View attachment 798

I had a look at the 2.0s, 3.0s and 4.0s. I went with v3.0 of course!

They fit nicely, walked nicely and swung nicely. You can really tell these shoes were built for golf, for what my in-store testing was worth.

I was going to suggest Ecco's but I guess I am too late. :act-up: Congrats on the shoes. I don't blame you for wanting to try them on. The 3.0's may be my next shoe too.

Deleted the attachment (a picture) used in post #13.

Replacement (picture in IMG tags):

pDSP1-7245657p275w.jpg

When I bought the shoes I asked the Dick's employee about replacement spikes, specifically asking whether or not these shoes needed 'special' spikes. He pointed me to some Softspikes with the fast twist insert system. Great, I use these in my footjoys also so I picked up another box. Indeed, the Softspikes spike-chart on the spike-rack showed that all adidas shoes use this system.

Well, they do not fit these 3.0s! They use the thin-tech system, that I assume is unique to adidas. I was bummed out at first. Now I have three spike systems going in my modest three-pair golf-shoe collection. But then again, these spikes do serve the 'low' purpose that I was after in getting a new pair of shoes. And it is the nicest spike system that I have used. The attachment system is very thin indeed, and is more user-friendly than the fast-twist or the Q-Lok in my other shoes (I am making that statement without the new golf-shoes having had much use as of yet).

I received my Thintech cleats. A bit of a pain that I had to order them online. Not cheap either ($14.95 for a box of 20 @ TGW, I bought 2). The boxes did contain a high-quality replacement tool, nice looking and very functional. So I am all set! I can't wait to parade those things out onto the course, but I am waiting a few weeks for my home course to dry out.

Okay, today I scored these, on sale yet:

91979939-250x250-0-0_Footjoy+Footjoy+Women+s+LoPro+Collection+97172+Whi.jpg
They really are all bronze and gorgeous. I also ordered these, because the pro shop didn't have them in my size:

88138901-300x300-0-0_Footjoy+Golf+Shoes+FootJoy+Lopro+Golf+Shoes+Style+.jpg
They will look fabulous with the zebra belt Diane gave me!

Has anyone else found a spot that has the Adidas 4.0 360 Sports for sale? Im looking for a black pair and everyone is out of them.

Okay, today I scored these, on sale yet:

91979939-250x250-0-0_Footjoy+Footjoy+Women+s+LoPro+Collection+97172+Whi.jpg
They really are all bronze and gorgeous. I also ordered these, because the pro shop didn't have them in my size:

88138901-300x300-0-0_Footjoy+Golf+Shoes+FootJoy+Lopro+Golf+Shoes+Style+.jpg
They will look fabulous with the zebra belt Diane gave me!

The top pair is featured in the Spring Issue of the magazine.

Those are lookers Claire! Very nice!

Those are lookers Claire! Very nice!

So come to the Quint State & see them in person. If my swing is ugly, at least my shoes will look good.

great looking shoes Claire, esp the top pair!

They fit nicely, walked nicely and swung nicely. You can really tell these shoes were built for golf, for what my in-store testing was worth.
I have 3 or 4 rounds on my :adidas: 3.0s now. The above is still true, except they don't seem to swing nicely on the course. I don't think the shoes are to blame however...

There is one thing I do not like about them: The translucent 'cladding' near the bottom of the shoes has scuffed up a bit, and now looks 'dirty'. It is not dirt though, it is some sort of damage, and it seems impossible to restore its original look. No big deal for me though.

I have 3 or 4 rounds on my :adidas: 3.0s now. The above is still true, except they don't seem to swing nicely on the course. I don't think the shoes are to blame however...

There is one thing I do not like about them: The translucent 'cladding' near the bottom of the shoes has scuffed up a bit, and now looks 'dirty'. It is not dirt though, it is some sort of damage, and it seems impossible to restore its original look. No big deal for me though.

Surprising, I have two pairs of these and not had this happen on either pair. I would take them back. Pics?

Back