Morgan Cup Equipment, what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this thread and love how much the Cleveland line is getting. It's a lot better than you can imagine.

Tappin from my iPad

Any other bag ideas based on our three wonderful Morgan Cup sponsors; Bridgestone, Callaway and Cleveland

Any other bag ideas based on our three wonderful Morgan Cup sponsors; Bridgestone, Callaway and Cleveland
I think I only posted my Cleveland bag, will post up my Bridgestone one here shortly.

I love seeing all these bags. Great idea. Lots of Cleveland love, but I think if people actually hit the Callaway stuff they might change their minds in a heartbeat. I haven't hit much Callaway stuff the last couple of years but this years stuff is LEGIT. Not knocking Cleveland or Bridgestone, I love their lineup for this year, but now that I have hit so much of the new Callaway lineup there isn't any doubt that the company is on its way back to the top.

Catching up on this thread. I have to say, I completely agree. I am really impressed with every club that I have hit from my sponsor. I hadn't hit ANY Callaway club prior to being selected to the Morgan Cup. Most if not all are in my bag for a long time to come.

Bridgestone Bag;
J40 10.5* w/ PX 6.0 shaft
J40 4W, 16* w/ PX 6.0
J40 3h and 4h
J40 DPC 5-PW, PX 5.5 flighted shaft, bent 1* strong
J40 Wedges w/ DG spinner, 50*/54*/58*

Is it bad that I could easily put up a Bridgestone bag and Callaway bag even though I'm a Cleveland staffer? Great equipment from all 3 companies was made available to all of us in this great event.

Is it bad that I could easily put up a Bridgestone bag and Callaway bag even though I'm a Cleveland staffer? Great equipment from all 3 companies was made available to all of us in this great event.
Not at all, I think it's awesome.

Bridgestone Bag;
J40 4W, 18* w/ PX 6.0
J40 3h and 4h

Very similar to my set-up WE. BTW the J40 4W is 16* and the 5W is 18*. Any thoughts on which Betti you would roll?

Like that setup War Eagle....looks pretty familiar! Gotta add a Betti though.

Very similar to my set-up WE. BTW the J40 4W is 16* and the 5W is 18*. Any thoughts on which Betti you would roll?
Fixed it, was looking at the Bstone site and typed 18* for some reason.

As far as the Betti, I want Cookie's BB53, but would probably go with the CS BB35.

I think that Bridgestone gear is just out of my league. Even with a proper fitting I would have to work extremely hard to be able to play something like that.

Cleveland Gear is something I would really go for.
Driver: Cleveland Classic 290
Fairways: Mashie 3, 5 , and 7
Hybrid: Mashie 4
Irons: Most likely Blacks 5-PW
Wedges: 588 50, 56
Putter: A nice face balanced Never Compromise.

I could make a great Callaway bag as well.

Well I did a Cleveland bag, and since I'm a lefty and can't do a Bstone one, here is my Callaway bag that I'd game if I were in the MC:

Razr Fit 10.5*, Matrix Radix shaft
Razr Fit 3W
Razr X HL 3h
Razr X Black 4-AW, KBS Tour S, 2* upright
Callaway Forged Dark Chrome wedge 54*, 58*
Odyssey Metal X #7 Putter 36"

Well I did a Cleveland bag, and since I'm a lefty and can't do a Bstone one, here is my Callaway bag that I'd game if I were in the MC:

Razr Fit 10.5*, Matrix Radix shaft
Razr Fit 3W
Razr X HL 3h
Razr X Black 4-AW, KBS Tour S, 2* upright
Callaway Forged Dark Chrome wedge 54*, 58*
Odyssey Metal X #7 Putter 36"

That looks really familiar, except mine play from the correct side of the ball, LOL

Wow, this is one heck of a thread. Such a cool read. In honor of my buddy I'm caddying for this week, (a Cleveland/Srixon Representative) I will make a Cleveland/Srixon bag.

Driver: Cleveland Classic Tour 9.0° with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ilima 60x / Red NDMC grip.

Fariway: Cleveland Launcher FL Fairway 15 with Mistubishi Rayon Diamana 'ilima 73x / Red NDMC grip.

Irons: Cleveland 588 CB 2 iron with Dynamic Gold X100 / Red NDMC grip. Cleveland 588 MB irons 4 - PW with Dynamic Gold X100 / Red NDMC grip.

Wedges: Cleveland 588 Black Pearl Wedges 52.08 + 56.16 + 60.08 with Dynamic Gold Spinners Wedge+ / Red NDMC grip.
(I'm not sure if DG Spinners are an option, if not I would settle with stock shaft wedge flex, like the ones I currently own
:D )

Putter: Never Compromise Dinero Series Forged Tycoon

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

If I had the money, this would replace my current set of gamers. (Except maybe the putter, I'd probably always switch putters in and out regardless.) Good thing I'm working this summer and my birthday's in July. :alien:

Last edited:
Bridgestone Bag;
J40 10.5* w/ Diamana kai'li 70 S shaft
J40 3W, 15* w/ Diamana kai'li 70 S
J40 3h
J40 DPC 4-PW, KBS 90 stiff, 2* strong
J40 black Wedges w/ DG spinner, 50*/54*/58*

What I would choose

In My Fake fantasy MC 2.0
:cleveland: Staff Bag
:cleveland: CG Black 10.5* Driver
:cleveland: CG Black 15* 3 wood
:cleveland: Mashie F5 18* 5 wood
:cleveland: Mashie 20.5* 3 Hybrid
:cleveland: Mashie 23.0* 4 Hybrid
:cleveland: 588 Forged CB irons 5-PW
:cleveland: 588 Black Pearl Wedges 52,58
:never: Type 30
:srixon: Q-Star in tour yellow!

Maybe next year it will come true haha

Last edited:
What I would choose

In My Fake fantasy MC 2.0
:cleveland: Staff Bag
:cleveland: CG Black 10.5* Driver
:cleveland: CG Black 15* 3 wood
:cleveland: Mashie F5 18* 5 wood
:cleveland: Mashie 20.5* 3 Hybrid
:cleveland: Mashie 23.0* 4 Hybrid
:cleveland: 588 Forged CB irons 5-PW
:cleveland: 588 Black Pearl Wedges 52,58
:never: Type 30
:srixon: Q-Star in tour yellow!

Maybe next year it will come true haha

Nice selections leiruagetro! And as far as it coming true next year....well, you can never tell.....2 of last years biggest supporters...Cooke and Myself were saying the exact same thing about this time last year and look where we are right now:D

We appreciate you jumping in a taking part in this great event!!

Nice selections leiruagetro! And as far as it coming true next year....well, you can never tell.....2 of last years biggest supporters...Cooke and Myself were saying the exact same thing about this time last year and look where we are right now:D

We appreciate you jumping in a taking part in this great event!!

That's awesome! I am excited for the outcome of this event, I'm convinced team paradise will be the winners hahah. Good luck all. I bet it's an awesome honor representing at the Morgan Cup!

I feel the same way Ary...looking into Cookie's Bag and JB's bag today where was some sweet sticks in there!

We are just under two months away form the second installment of the Morgan Cup. This years event is being held in Myrtle Beach (Pawley's island) True Blue and Caledonia. It seems all of the staffers have completed or will be completing thier bags by weeks end. Bridgestone Golf (Bettinardi Putters), Callaway Golf and Cleveland Golf /Srixon have been more than gracious in their support of the Morgan Cup. All of the staffers that will compete are being outfitted with world class gear from each of the three sponsors.

What I would like to know is how would you set up your bag if you were part of the Morgan Cup? Which of the three sponsors would like to be repped by? Pick one sponsor and the gear associatedand lets see some dream bags.

Cleveland

Classic Driver 10.5* w/ Miazaki Black stiff shaft
Mashie 3W & 5W
Cleveland Black Iron 4 - PW
588 Black Wedges 52*, 55*, 58*
NC half Mallet

I'd take Cleveland equipment. I feel they're an underrated OEM compared to flashier, marketing-driven OEMs. Cleveland has always made top notch quality golf equipment. I used a Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 for the longest time until the I replaced it with a Ping G15. I still use the Cleveland HALO hybrids.

For the Morgan Cup, I'd select:

Driver: Cleveland CG Black; 10.5*; regular flex OEM shaft
Fairway Woods: Cleveland CG Black 3 and 5 woods; regular flex OEM shaft
Hybrids: Cleveland Mens 2012 Mashie Hybrids
Irons: Cleveland Mens CG16 Satin Chrome Irons
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged Satin Wedges Cleveland 588 Forged Satin Wedges
Putter: Cleveland Classic Platinum Putters 5.5

Bridgestone Bag;
J40 4W, 16* w/ PX 6.0
J40 3h and 4h

I love how you've done what I would've done with the iron and wedge lofts :D

Just tappin away

Bridgestone for me

J40 9.5 px 6.0/6.5
J40 3w 14* px 6.0/6.5
J40 5w 18* px 6.0/6.5
J40 4h px 6.0/6.5
J40 dpc 5-Pw bent 1* strong with px flighted 7.0/6.5/6.0
J40 black oxide 52* bent 2* strong,
J40 black oxide 54*,58* all with DG spinner
Then obviously I'd need to come to an agreement with my putter (it goes wherever I go in the golfing world)

Just tappin away

The Morgan cup is a full 14 club sponsored team event. That putter that travel the world with you would have to take a detour to sidelineville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back