Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

Did a pretty bad drive-by of this thread. Read it and didn't contribute. JB's LM numbers have me pondering the Razr Hawk. I was killing that driver with the regular flex when KB & I were hitting it at the outing. :callaway:

What this guy said, again. Really intrigued by the RH, as my misses are more towards the toe or heel....but as Brian said, our local range doesn't carry a lot of shaft options. If I could get it on the Trackman though...hmmmm. :D

Great reviews in this thread guys, thanks!

What this guy said, again. Really intrigued by the RH, as my misses are more towards the toe or heel....but as Brian said, our local range doesn't carry a lot of shaft options. If I could get it on the Trackman though...hmmmm. :D

Great reviews in this thread guys, thanks!

I wish I had a good local place to hop on a LM outdoors as well Paulo. $75 minimum here:rain:

I wish I had a good local place to hop on a LM outdoors as well Paulo. $75 minimum here:rain:

Ouch! I guess I'm not too unlucky here. It's about $40ish for a month's use of the Trackman at the range here (excluding balls). The stock in the shop isn't bad (biggest shop in Scotland), but they tend to just offer the stock shafts to hit, and not a great deal of flex options. I've noticed they do stock the RH as well as the Diablo, but not too many. Won't stop me taking one for a swing tho!

Ouch! I guess I'm not too unlucky here. It's about $40ish for a month's use of the Trackman at the range here (excluding balls). The stock in the shop isn't bad (biggest shop in Scotland), but they tend to just offer the stock shafts to hit, and not a great deal of flex options. I've noticed they do stock the RH as well as the Diablo, but not too many. Won't stop me taking one for a swing tho!

Wow. $40 for a month is pretty awesome. :moneymouth:

I'd kill for that

So would I. I've looked for killer deals on a used one but I just don't have the money. I would kill for a LM:shock:

Ends up about triple that though, once you get addicted and have to pay for more buckets of balls! :D

Still, RH vs a few others on the monitor? hmmm, ponderific....

Nice job

After all of this talk of the Razr Hawk and hitting a bunch of drivers (incl. the RH) i've taken the splurge and placed an order........cannot wait.

After all of this talk of the Razr Hawk and hitting a bunch of drivers (incl. the RH) i've taken the splurge and placed an order........cannot wait.

What shaft combo did you go with>????

just getting it with the stock stiff RIP

That's what I have in mine. While there are better feeling shafts out on the market, the stock seems to give me some very good results.

That's what I have in mine. While there are better feeling shafts out on the market, the stock seems to give me some very good results.

I hit it well which is the main thing......and the price i got is fairly ridiculous.

The stock RIP isn't the worst shaft and if it works even better. congrats on the new driver.

Tapatalk: even use it

the main thing is that i was hitting good shots with the stiff shaft as it seems my swing has outgrown my Reg Flex on my current driver. the 2007 burner is about to be put to rest. It used to be great for me, but as of late it seems to be spraying and i think it's due to my swing speed increasing. it's a 10.5 which is too high for me as i typically hit a high drive anyways. I needed a new shaft and a lower loft and after my experience with the Razr Hawk and reading about it here at THP, it seemed like the right club for me.

I'm so stoked to get this now.

the main thing is that i was hitting good shots with the stiff shaft as it seems my swing has outgrown my Reg Flex on my current driver. the 2007 burner is about to be put to rest. It used to be great for me, but as of late it seems to be spraying and i think it's due to my swing speed increasing. it's a 10.5 which is too high for me as i typically hit a high drive anyways. I needed a new shaft and a lower loft and after my experience with the Razr Hawk and reading about it here at THP, it seemed like the right club for me.

I'm so stoked to get this now.

Congrats T, enjoy the new driver

Today I hit one of the longest drives of my life with this driver. 389 yard hole and I had 94 yards left to the pin. As most that have played with me know I am not a long hitter and down here in FL with no roll does not help things. The funniest part of this one was that it was all carry, in fact the ball bounced back about a yard after landing based on ball mark. Im normally about a 245-250 yard driver of the ball, so when one does this it was surprising. GG was sitting next to me and just said "that was bombed".

Today I hit one of the longest drives of my life with this driver. 389 yard hole and I had 94 yards left to the pin. As most that have played with me know I am not a long hitter and down here in FL with no roll does not help things. The funniest part of this one was that it was all carry, in fact the ball bounced back about a yard after landing based on ball mark. Im normally about a 245-250 yard driver of the ball, so when one does this it was surprising. GG was sitting next to me and just said "that was bombed".

Great drive JB! You are really making me want to go get one of these drivers.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Dont get me wrong, my day consisted of my normal distances and I have not seen a huge distance increase for that matter, but this one was different. Its such a rare thing for me, I had to celebrate.

Agreed, the toe hit forgiveness has really peaked my interest, I dont see the massive loss in distance and bad forgiveness on my D2 like JB saw in his testing but man this driver sounds good

Had another good round with this driver. I love it. Nerfny told me she's never seen me hit so many fairways and get the distance that I am getting right now and she is spot on with that assessment. For the first time in my life I think I've found my driver swing and the driver that goes with it.

This driver is easy to hit on the tee box, but after hearing JRod talking about hitting this off the deck I decided to give it a shot.

Now I don't think you can see the ball flight, but the ball got up in the air with no problem and traveled a very good distance. I hit a 3 wood right after this video and the driver was about 7 yards in front of the 3w. It was a fun shot to try, not one I would normally use from there. I just wanted to show my friend Silent Ninja that I could do it!

Nice shot Dean!!! Your driving has really improved with this club, not that it needed it haha.

Haha nice driver off the deck ddec. I have yet to give this a try but I might soon. You hit the hawk so well dude.

Tapatalk: even romosexuals use it

Driver off the deck= AWESOME! Nice shot D

It's been a bit since I've tried one of these. Are they considered deep faced along the lines of say the R11?

Shallow face drivers and I are no longer getting along after my instructor changed my take away.

Back