Ping Nanotech Sydney Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
To eliminate twisting and keep putts on line, the Sydney has a symmetrical shape and extreme perimeter weighting that gives this putter its high MOI. Setup is square and its balanced top-down appearance and solid feel at impact will allow you to make every stroke with confidence, leading to more consistency on the greens and lower scores.

Balance and forgiveness are built into the Sydney’s frame, made of a high-grade lightweight aluminum containing three 8-gram tungsten weights for maximum forgiveness and optimal CG position. The Sydney is finished with a highly durable nano nickel coating.

We have received quite a few emails asking us what this putter feels and sounds like, so we put together a quick video showing off the sound at impact. Very different than what you hear out of many of the aluminum putters. The boom mic is going to pick up the sound, and you can turn your speakers up to hear it clearly.

i-Bn46m6L-L.jpg

i-gBkSJR3-L.jpg

i-qc5JmHW-L.jpg

i-rsZKjmf-L.jpg

i-rQh6KJg-L.jpg

i-FNxFxgL-L.jpg

Last edited:
That's an interesting looking putter. I'm sure if it works as claimed, then it's a good putter. I just am not a fan of the non-insert Ping putters.

It looks like a nice putter even with the unusual shape. I am sure it will provide success for many.

They had this putter along with the other new ping putters at GG yesterday. They were all locked up so I didn't roll this one or the others. Pretty wild looking putter.

Some of these shapes are getting pretty crazy but I do like the alignment line and clean simplicity of the face.

I agree with TC. Even the Redwoods felt dead to me. Should be interesting how this does.

• Admin
They had this putter along with the other new ping putters at GG yesterday. They were all locked up so I didn't roll this one or the others. Pretty wild looking putter.

I have been rolling this one for a little bit now and have to say I really like it. It has that aluminum feel, so users will have to like that look, but Ping created a great sound with it. Many times, the aluminum putters have a high pitched "ting" associated with them and this is a much deeper and fuller sound at impact.

Interesting to see how this performs....I used to have a PING putter with a nano-nickel insert and I found it to be a little hot off the face...

I have been rolling this one for a little bit now and have to say I really like it. It has that aluminum feel, so users will have to like that look, but Ping created a great sound with it. Many times, the aluminum putters have a high pitched "ting" associated with them and this is a much deeper and fuller sound at impact.

How's the weighting on this putter?

How's the weighting on this putter?

In terms of overall weight? 350g

In terms of feel? I like it. Its smooth, balanced and really seems to want to assist in making alignment easier.

Pretty nice looking in a funky sort of way. Weird place to put a serial number.

They milled a ridged texture all over the putter, but the face is dead smooth. Very interesting. Reminds me of the TM Spider to be honest. If it works as well as the TM Spider, it will be a great putter, if a bit odd looking.

i've been doing searches to see when THP would get their hands on one of these. very interested in trying one out. I think im gonna like the alignment on it. really stands out.

I tried this putter last week. It has a really nice feel. The look is a little odd, but after a few strokes there is a lot of confidence that comes from it.

I like the colors they have. I would give it a roll and see what it feels like with no insert.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Looks like the Spider and DART had a baby. Not 100% but I get the feeling you have the smooth feel of the Spider and the easy alignment of the DART. That sounds great to me.

Interesting, in a StarTrek sort of way.

looks busy, but I think the red would look better to my eye than the dart alignment aid did.

Not an attractive putter but I would use it if it helped

They milled a ridged texture all over the putter, but the face is dead smooth. Very interesting. Reminds me of the TM Spider to be honest. If it works as well as the TM Spider, it will be a great putter, if a bit odd looking.

I haven't had a chance to roll it yet but I am wondering the same thing. As ugly as the Spider is it is the putter that I have seen the best results with. It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen but it works...good thing I am not superficial.

I haven't had a chance to roll it yet but I am wondering the same thing. As ugly as the Spider is it is the putter that I have seen the best results with. It's the ugliest thing I have ever seen but it works...good thing I am not superficial.

I am very superficial, but I still roll the Spider haha. I am wondering how this thing feels with no insert. I think it could easily go either way.

I think this thing is ugly but like I said if it rolls it well I would game it.

Not a look that appeals to me, but interesting none the less.

Is it safe to assume the screws on the bottom are to keep it together and not changeable weights?

Back