The painted white thing

I've caught the bug and want a white putter.

Problem is I don't want to let go of my Odyssey TriHot #3.

Anyone out there that could provide some pointers so as I can do it myself?

Cheers Hackers

I hope your not thinking of painting it?

Not sure sure about painting it, but, I know there are a lot of guys on here who have been successful in doing so.

IMO, a putter would be much more complex to paint than say a fairway wood or a driver.

I was dubious about giving up my trusy 5 year old TM Rossa Mezza Monza when I brought my Ghost Spider, but I'm happy to say it was definatly worth doing!

I am. Are you trying to talk me out of it? Suggestions more than welcome.
I just like the look, something about the white on green has caught me and I like it. But I'm not switching putters!

Paint does little in the durability department. The white putters being sold are finished with a polymer finish that will not chip and is very durable. There are several after market companies that offer this finish.

Would it be possible for you to buy the same model putter used, off ebay maybe, and have it sent to a putter refinisher just to be sure you like it? That way you won't mess with your gamer, but can see what it looks like in white.

The painted white thing

Would it be possible for you to buy the same model putter used, off ebay maybe, and have it sent to a putter refinisher just to be sure you like it? That way you won't mess with your gamer, but can see what it looks like in white.

Yeah for sure, I think it was forum member Spanks who got it done, whited out a Seemore with lime and purple accents, it looked amazing, I'll try to find the thread.

Edit* Here is the link,

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?16530-Extreme-Makeover-Putter-Edition&highlight=spank+seemore

Last edited:
I bet it you took this to a auto body repair shop they could help you out. They could probably mask it off, put 10 coats of clear coat on there for you and everything.

Putterlounge apparently does great work. My dads client got a putter ghosted from them and he loves it.

I was recently converted to the Ghost by chance and I've been putting better than I can ever remember. Maybe it's a psyche thing, but I'm standing over putts with a lot of confidence right now. Good luck with your project!

Thanks guys.
Putterlounge looks great
Anyone know of a company in Australia though?

I think Kari Lajosi does some refinishing work, www.[B]lajosiputters[/B].com.au. I think there is a Cameron he refinished in black on his site. Be careful, after looking at his site you will definitely want to roll one of his putters.

Back