Best golf apparel company

Cja09

Reaction score
Handicap
?
Now that it is finally golf season lets heat what golf company apparel is your favorite..... I'm looking to buy some new clothes and I really don't know what to buy! I have normally just bought a ton of golf clubs instead of clothes and this year will be different.

I look forward to hearing everyones ideas on this one.

J. Lindeberg and Puma are my favorites in terms of design, I usually wear a lot of Nike as well.

Not close in my opinion.

Nike.

Now that it is finally golf season lets heat what golf company apparel is your favorite..... I'm looking to buy some new clothes and I really don't know what to buy! I have normally just bought a ton of golf clubs instead of clothes and this year will be different.

I look forward to hearing everyones ideas on this one.

Check out our home page the last 2 weeks and next week. It is Spring Fashion preview and almost every day we have a new preview of an apparel line.

A lot of it will depend on what style you like. Euro Cut, colorful, etc... I have been huge fans of JL and Puma the last few years, but both companies have completely let me down this season. Puma has MAJOR cut problems and JL is doing cotton. Ill pass on both. There are hundreds of good ones like Travis Mathew, Sligo, etc... that make people stand out as well.

I look forward to seeing what is posted then!!! I have never really looked into Puma's golf clothes but I have heard of Travis Mathew and JL.

Check out our home page the last 2 weeks and next week. It is Spring Fashion preview and almost every day we have a new preview of an apparel line.

A lot of it will depend on what style you like. Euro Cut, colorful, etc... I have been huge fans of JL and Puma the last few years, but both companies have completely let me down this season. Puma has MAJOR cut problems and JL is doing cotton. Ill pass on both. There are hundreds of good ones like Travis Mathew, Sligo, etc... that make people stand out as well.

Wow JB that is a bummer, I haven't really checked out their stuff this year I was going off of past experience. I'll check out the two that you mentioned.

There are TONS more too. We have hundreds of posts in the forum and close to a hundred mens apparel reviews over the last year. YOu can also check out the PGA Show 2010 coverage for pictures of what everybody has coming out. It is a shame about Puma this year, and perhaps its just a bad batch, but having shorts that are 3-6 inches above the knees make you look like John Stockton playing basketball. And shirts with sleeves that are less than 3 inches long make it look "interesting" to say the least.

We have been huge Puma fans over the last 2 years here, but this Spring line is a little off to say the least.

Like JB said we have covered tons of apparel, both men's and women's, over the years. We expected to be done with Spring Fashion Preview this week but we just had too many companies to cover so it will continue next week as well. There are so many great companies out there and I know sometimes it's scary to buy online but the options are so much better. A great place to look for guys is fairwaystyles.com and 13thgreen.com and for the ladies Golf4her.com will be launching soon and they will have a ton of amazing ladies brands.

Great site Dent!

Does anyone know who Stuart Appelby's pants are made by?

I'm sure you can figure out what mine is.

My favorite so far is Travis Mathew....... Now if only I can find a more affordable place to buy it!

I received a Bunker Mentality shirt from THP in a prize pack over the winter, I LOVE that shirt. Very comfy.

There is a ton of great stuff coming out as of late. Definitely browse the site there are all sorts of apparel reveiws/comments all over...
I have become partial to Sligo. Great gear if you're looking to stand out a bit. I eBayed most of my Nike (sorry NikeGolf), Adidas and Puma stuff to fund some threads from Sligo's 2010 lineup...

Overall I would have to say Nike. Just the sheer number of different items you can choose from. Shoes, socks, pants, shorts, belts, shirts, jackets, sweaters, hats etc. And they seem to have a line for each tour player so there are plenty of styles to choose from.

I don't love the Euro/slim fit as much as some of the younger guys. I get a lot of Under Armour, adidas ClimaCool and Nike shirts. Good stuff when it is hot.

There is a ton of great stuff coming out as of late. Definitely browse the site there are all sorts of apparel reveiws/comments all over...
I have become partial to Sligo. Great gear if you're looking to stand out a bit. I eBayed most of my Nike (sorry NikeGolf), Adidas and Puma stuff to fund some threads from Sligo's 2010 lineup...
No reason to apologize, he's not affiliated with them. LOL

My favorite so far is Travis Mathew....... Now if only I can find a more affordable place to buy it!

I don't think it is any secret around here that I LOVE the Travis Mathew line of clothing. I recently ponied up for a couple pairs of pants and a new belt of theirs.

While I can't speak for the shirts (I don't own any)- the pants are worth every cent you pay for them. They fit perfect, have a nice athletic cut, and are every bit as "nice" as any dress pants I have ever owned. I wear mine as work clothing with a shirt and tie everyday. That said, they are also very sturdy and machine washable which is a HUGE plus over my best dress pants.

I love the "ipod" pocket so much that I am looking at least one pair of shorts for all those rounds where I walk as a single or decide to be a range rat. I would have never-ever thought about dropping that much for a pair of shorts until I started wearing TM clothing!

Also- if you order from www.travismathew.com and use the PROMO code: JB682 you can get an extra 10% off. It isnt a ton, but every bit helps.

Best of luck in your cloths shopping!

Rx is correct. The TM pants are something else.

Also, I am loving the Cleveland Classics line right now. I wear their shirts golfing and to work.

I have been obsessed with Nike Golf over the last couple years, but have recently started to buy under armour polos.. My biggest reason for both, is that I am 6'3, and about 180, and according to many of the standard golf apparel makers, being tall and being skinny don't go hand in hand.

I wear smalls in nike and UA comfortably, with lots of room left over. I personally think that's ridiculous, but I won't complain too much. I love the dri-fit line.

I have been obsessed with Nike Golf over the last couple years, but have recently started to buy under armour polos.. My biggest reason for both, is that I am 6'3, and about 180, and according to many of the standard golf apparel makers, being tall and being skinny don't go hand in hand.

I wear smalls in nike and UA comfortably, with lots of room left over. I personally think that's ridiculous, but I won't complain too much. I love the dri-fit line.

Depending on your frame, tall and thin is great for many of the brands we cover.

Saw some of the new Nike line in the store this weekend and it was sharp!

Love the Cleveland Classic line too.

Back