PING G30 Fairway Wood Review

It works terrific on the course. Believe that!

... but the stock stiff shaft seemed to feel pretty solid to me. No need for the tour as far as I can tell so far.

I went a flex stiffer than normal with the standard shafts, and that has worked surprisingly well.

I went a flex stiffer than normal with the standard shafts, and that has worked surprisingly well.

I'm playing the TFC stiff in the driver with no issue. Thought the FW shaft seemed a little stouter feeling to me though. Results were solid either way!

I'm playing the TFC stiff in the driver with no issue. Thought the FW shaft seemed a little stouter feeling to me though. Results were solid either way!
Nice! Enjoy them!

So, this should be a hell of a lot of fun...

DSC_0404_zpsb1a80d19.jpg

DSC_0403_zps90bef6c0.jpg

Oh my goodness dude, you win the Internet. Not only do those look KILLER, it just wreaks of bad-assery. Just stunning!

Oh my goodness dude, you win the Internet. Not only do those look KILLER, it just wreaks of bad-assery. Just stunning!

This is a prime example of why I should be banned from eBay when cooped up in a hospital or house LOL.

Seriously though, tipped the 72S out and the progression I'll have from the flex code of the White in the driver to the 3w and then 5w SHOULD be a very nice setup for me. Plus, I cut these two down, they play 42.75 and 42.25 now, only a 1/4 inch but many theyre more comfortable in hand.

Im in love. Those would look nice in my Rapture and G30. Now I know what to buy myself for Xmas. How do they play to flex? Do they run stiffer than the stiff flex TFC's I have now.

DSC_0404_zpsb1a80d19.jpg

DSC_0403_zps90bef6c0.jpg

Man I hit the 14.5° 3w at golf galaxy while picking up some balls for a Christmas gift. Had my eyes opened quite a bit. Stock stiff shaft and it was great. Was getting about 245 to 255 carry on avg on the Sim and rollout to about 265. Bumped up to 15.5 and increased carry closet to 260. Great ball flight and easy to elevate off the deck. Was pretty amazed

Im in love. Those would look nice in my Rapture and G30. Now I know what to buy myself for Xmas. How do they play to flex? Do they run stiffer than the stiff flex TFC's I have now.

True to flex IMO, for me though I intentionally got a bit more stout from the TFC stock shaft, though I still love the stock setup and am probably a jackass for messing with it.

Man I hit the 14.5° 3w at golf galaxy while picking up some balls for a Christmas gift. Had my eyes opened quite a bit. Stock stiff shaft and it was great. Was getting about 245 to 255 carry on avg on the Sim and rollout to about 265. Bumped up to 15.5 and increased carry closet to 260. Great ball flight and easy to elevate off the deck. Was pretty amazed

A recurring trend with these, good to know I don't make stuff up. :alien: :alien: :alien:

Those look awesome James. Probably my favorite aftermarket line I've used so far. Graphics on the B Asha are awesome, but the Kusala series is still the one. Can't wait to hear how they work out for you.

DSC_0404_zpsb1a80d19.jpg

DSC_0403_zps90bef6c0.jpg

Dang! Those are sweet looking. Definitely want to hear about the launch and ball flight after you put these on the course. I'm not very patiently waiting for my new shafts to arrive and to get them to the golf dome (ugh! it hurts saying that versus "on the course").

Looks like I just got a pass from the wife to go play today. Woot woot! Thoughts this evening!

Finally the 7w arrived. Picked it up today and went to the indoor range. Only hit about 30 balls. But it felt real good. Hit em straight and launching were easy. Think this club will strengthen my game. Will be more testing on simulator soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the 14.5 3w for the first time today. Results on the course validated the monitor sessions. About 250 ish here in san diego. Most important, consistently in the fairway. Hit it twice off the tee and it got me out in the short stuff out a good yardage.

Played the 14.5 3w for the first time today. Results on the course validated the monitor sessions. About 250 ish here in san diego. Most important, consistently in the fairway. Hit it twice off the tee and it got me out in the short stuff out a good yardage.

You aren't helping my wallet.

You aren't helping my wallet.

I played it to the big + so I guess that's at 15.5? Either way, it's not the longest 3w out there but the consistency I'm seeing is enough to put it in the bag over the x2hot 3deep for me. Just easy to elevate off the tee and the deck. I fought the urge for quite a while but I couldn't resist what I was seeing any longer

Yep, that's 15.5 setting Kang.

Like I said in the review, not the longest, but it competes there now, and it's just a ton of fun off the deck.

Love others seeing what I saw in a review.

I played it to the big + so I guess that's at 15.5? Either way, it's not the longest 3w out there but the consistency I'm seeing is enough to put it in the bag over the x2hot 3deep for me. Just easy to elevate off the tee and the deck. I fought the urge for quite a while but I couldn't resist what I was seeing any longer

You were hitting it well and definitely didn't balloon. Nice straight flight that had some nice roll out off the tee

Yep, that's 15.5 setting Kang.

Like I said in the review, not the longest, but it competes there now, and it's just a ton of fun off the deck.

Love others seeing what I saw in a review.
Dude you were spot on about every aspect of this club in the review. U could probably squeeze out more distance if I drop it down to 14.5 but the flight I'm seeing now I am happy with it.

Not a whole lot about this one to say that James & company haven't already said. Pretty impressed for my first round out with the 3W. Used it 4 times. 3 times off the tee. Two solid shots and one that I hooked pretty hard into the left rough. Hook is my main miss, so that ones on me. The other two were In the fairway and pretty good yardage considering the super wet conditions. Only had one chance to hit it off the deck, which is something I don't do a ton of with 3W. Pushed it just a touch but was able to to hit it just short of the green farther than I'd usually go for a shot like that. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pondering a 5W.

Really like with the weight or feel in hand with this one. Don't know if it really is heavier but the feel is pretty different from some of the 3Ws I've played in the past. I'm also playing at 15.5˚ in case anyone is keeping score at home. :D

Not a whole lot about this one to say that James & company haven't already said. Pretty impressed for my first round out with the 3W. Used it 4 times. 3 times off the tee. Two solid shots and one that I hooked pretty hard into the left rough. Hook is my main miss, so that ones on me. The other two were In the fairway and pretty good yardage considering the super wet conditions. Only had one chance to hit it off the deck, which is something I don't do a ton of with 3W. Pushed it just a touch but was able to to hit it just short of the green farther than I'd usually go for a shot like that. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pondering a 5W.

Really like with the weight or feel in hand with this one. Don't know if it really is heavier but the feel is pretty different from some of the 3Ws I've played in the past. I'm also playing at 15.5˚ in case anyone is keeping score at home. :D

Nice Jon, you're going to develop a love affair with this one. I've hit and reviewed a TON of the current fairways, and this one is the one which keeps getting back into the bag. Sleeper fairway of the year, I believe that. I know the Cally stuff gets all the hype, for good reason, but the G30 can hang, and that is a BIG jump for PING from its previous fairways.

Good feedback, right there. I didn't use to pull my 3W very much for shots from the fairway. The G30 has changed that for sure. 5W is also great from the deck or tee. I don't have a need for a 7W, but that would be a really fun club to swing... Maybe a 4 iron replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good feedback, right there. I didn't use to pull my 3W very much for shots from the fairway. The G30 has changed that for sure. 5W is also great from the deck or tee. I don't have a need for a 7W, but that would be a really fun club to swing... Maybe a 4 iron replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it wasn't for the heavenwood I'd be pondering a 7W too for sure. Would be a good replacement for the SB 4I distance wise.

Nice dude, be sure to post up your thoughts after you do.

I'm actually about to install Fujikura Pro's in mine, 63 in the 3w and 73 in the 5w. Should be a fun little tinker.

Finally put 7w to play. Was my first golf for 3 months so I expected some errors. But overall it did work out really well for me. Was quite easy to hit and distance was as long as my previous 5w.

Back