Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The matera is a great flatstick, it's essentially a Mills Fleetwood. Mike has put out some fantastic quality designs and putters.
Basically I just want a wide blade-style with a flow neck and a milled face.
I know I could just get a Scameron Squareback and be happy with it but at the same time I want something a little different and special.

Pondering pondering and more pondering....wedges top the list, fairway woods, and top it off with a big stick......matter of fact irons too. Head is spinning and gaining RPM's. Most likely the PGA show will cause me to be thoroughly confused and in high alert throughout the bag like every year....but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Basically I just want a wide blade-style with a flow neck and a milled face.
I know I could just get a Scameron Squareback and be happy with it but at the same time I want something a little different and special.

Didn't Odyssey just come out with this exact model as well?

Not a flow neck there though, he was talking flow and not double bend.

Not a flow neck there though, he was talking flow and not double bend.

They didnt come out with a new flow neck in the Metal-X Milled? I thought they came out with one in the wide version. Might be wrong as I have been a bit loopy the last week.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to convince myself that a voice caddy sc100 is a wise investment. Any thoughts?
If you are a range rat, and really like dialing in distance with different clubs, or even comparing two different clubs (like drivers) it is a no brainer. It seems to me that the biggest reason people move on from them, is they don't practice enough, or use it enough, but that's on the user and not on the device.

If you are a range rat, and really like dialing in distance with different clubs, or even comparing two different clubs (like drivers) it is a no brainer. It seems to me that the biggest reason people move on from them, is they don't practice enough, or use it enough, but that's on the user and not on the device.
I have to agree with this statement about comparing different clubs. I used it a lot to compare clubs this last year. It was a nice tool for that. But that is not all that is good for. Great tool for practicing also.

They didnt come out with a new flow neck in the Metal-X Milled? I thought they came out with one in the wide version. Might be wrong as I have been a bit loopy the last week.

Yeah, the 6, not a wide body though, they've only ever done the wides in plumbers or double bend I recent lines.

Which bums me out, haha

New SeeMore's.......and almost released Nike 3w's.

I need a 50 degree wedge. RTX CB 2.0?

Or do I go with a 52 and pull the 54 out of the bag....?

46-50-55-60? Or 46-52-58?

My PW is 44 so I got a 48 52 56 I like the gaps and all of the options I have with these wedges in my bag. Just need to replace the 52 with a SM4 Vokey and I will be all set

Depends on how you use and yardages. I'm not a full swing wedge guy so I go 50/52/54/58. Each serves a purpose/distance

I am literally pondering selling every single club I own (including 3 sets of irons and a dozen putters), except for the D200 and going to Club Champion for a full bag fitting and purchase.

Using it mostly for full swings? If so, I'd go with 50. What club do you add if you go w/ the 52?

I am literally pondering selling every single club I own (including 3 sets of irons and a dozen putters), except for the D200 and going to Club Champion for a full bag fitting and purchase.
This would be one hell of an epic overhaul. May I ask why?

Depends on how you use and yardages. I'm not a full swing wedge guy so I go 50/52/54/58. Each serves a purpose/distance
I'm a full swing wedge player. Bad things happen when I try to take anything less.

Using it mostly for full swings? If so, I'd go with 50. What club do you add if you go w/ the 52?
I wouldn't add a club. Id go into 2015 with…12 clubs in my bag. #crazy

I wouldn't add a club. Id go into 2015 with…12 clubs in my bag. #crazy

The amount of pondering that would happen after the season started would be astounding.

As for yardages, I don't have those exact lofts - I'm playing 49/53. Going from the PW to the 53 would leave a larger gap than I'd be comfortable with. I should note that half swings and wedges also do not mix for me.

If you see I checked your profile it was too what goodies might soon be available :). C100's got my attention. However if I was gong to go with irons this year which may not be feasible, I'd definitely be looking at the D200's

This would be one hell of an epic overhaul. May I ask why?
'

First of all, I need to de-clutter. I have WAY too many golf clubs in the garage, representing multiple eras of golf equipment for no particular reason. Secondly, I want to find irons I can consistently swing with confidence. I *want* to buy the FG Tour V4s, but am open to others. I can think of at least 2 putters I have never even played a round of golf with (MXM #9 and Rife Bimini with tropical finish). Sometimes I feel like I need a clean slate.

'

First of all, I need to de-clutter. I have WAY too many golf clubs in the garage, representing multiple eras of golf equipment for no particular reason. Secondly, I want to find irons I can consistently swing with confidence. I *want* to buy the FG Tour V4s, but am open to others. I can think of at least 2 putters I have never even played a round of golf with (MXM #9 and Rife Bimini with tropical finish). Sometimes I feel like I need a clean slate.
I can understand that. Plus you'll be certain you're playing the right thing after a full fitting! I've always wanted to do one.

Apex pro 4 iron, these irons are silly easy to hit. Great flight and even better distances. Was landing these a full club further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 50. It's an RTX CB, just let me know.

I have a 50. It's an RTX CB, just let me know.
I will, and I appreciate it. A big part of me thinks simplifying things (with 12 clubs) is the way to go. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back