The Car Shopping Thread

There is a older gentleman out in my neck of the woods who has two (Tesla's)of them. Red and White ones.

I play golf with a guy who has 3 Astin Martin's of different colors, I guess when you love a car you go all in.

Looking at a Ford Escape 4x4 2.0L SE. Looked at a few of the others in the segment, Nissan Rogue was the next choice but the CVT has always put me off anything with one of those transmissions.

If anyone has a 2013/15 Escape can you get 3 sets of clubs in the back with out the seats down as easy as I think you can or is it a bit of a fuss on?

SmoothSwing already responded well, but he is right. There is decent cargo room but not for 3 sets without folding down some seats. We've got some sales guys that are golfers that work here at the dealership so we are always checking to see what golf gear can fit into the cargo areas of vehicles.

If anyone needs more info on Tesla/ a contact I have a good friend who runs the Kansas City store.

For those on the fence about buying now or waiting a while, I am seeing interest rates starting to creep up from a couple banks. So far its only about .25% but this is ahead of the Fed doing any kind of interest rate bump. If they do a small amount now they can justify a little more bump later on instead of one big bump after the Fed makes their move.

I have a 2013 escape and unless you do some crazy packing you will not be able to get 3 sets of clubs in there without folding the seat down

Nope. Had an '08 and traded it for a '13 two years ago. I can't fit one set sideways - has to be at an angle or I have to take the driver and 3 wood out and lay them on top. Seat down is the only way you could fit three sets.

I love almost every thing else about it. Good vehicle overall. Not perfect, but we don't like any of the other offerings in the segment so it wins almost by default. Anything much bigger really loses mpg.

SmoothSwing already responded well, but he is right. There is decent cargo room but not for 3 sets without folding down some seats. We've got some sales guys that are golfers that work here at the dealership so we are always checking to see what golf gear can fit into the cargo areas of vehicles.

Thanks, really only need it for two sets to be honest, me and wife, but on occasions we do have a third with us. I currently have a XC70 Volvo that is getting a bit long in the tooth but does the job rather well. Now looking for something else that has 4WD, is as quick and as comfortable, the Ford reviews better than the other in the segment. Now I just need to find the right lease deal from one of the stellar dealerships in NYC.

As a side, this thread should come with images of vehicles with clubs in the trunk so we can see how they fit, or someone should come up with a website just for this question I asked.

And now I want a Tesla.

Nope. Had an '08 and traded it for a '13 two years ago. I can't fit one set sideways - has to be at an angle or I have to take the driver and 3 wood out and lay them on top. Seat down is the only way you could fit three sets.

I love almost every thing else about it. Good vehicle overall. Not perfect, but we don't like any of the other offerings in the segment so it wins almost by default. Anything much bigger really loses mpg.

Yep, Penglynns is 100% correct, that's what I have to do with my '14 SE.

Thanks, really only need it for two sets to be honest, me and wife, but on occasions we do have a third with us. I currently have a XC70 Volvo that is getting a bit long in the tooth but does the job rather well. Now looking for something else that has 4WD, is as quick and as comfortable, the Ford reviews better than the other in the segment. Now I just need to find the right lease deal from one of the stellar dealerships in NYC.

As a side, this thread should come with images of vehicles with clubs in the trunk so we can see how they fit, or someone should come up with a website just for this question I asked.

Blame Me, if you want some more info on rebates and incentives for the new Escape's, let me know. I'm a Finance Manager at a Ford Store here in Kansas, but I can look up rebates and such for ANY Ford/Lincoln vehicle as long as I have the VIN for the one your looking for, or if I have a comparable one on the lot. Then I just need YOUR Zip Code to find the rebates for your area.

Happy to help and answer questions about ANY Ford/Lincoln vehicles and about Finance. Just let me know!

A dealer called me last night that a '15 Colorado was just delivered and available. That is my weak spot right now. Smaller truck with power and a few mpg improvement. Hopefully it's the wrong set up and color when I go take a test drive.
I really like the looks of this new truck...at times I miss the Tacoma I had

A dealer called me last night that a '15 Colorado was just delivered and available. That is my weak spot right now. Smaller truck with power and a few mpg improvement. Hopefully it's the wrong set up and color when I go take a test drive.
I really like everything I have read and seen about this truck. Well...except the price for the model I would want. But that's true with EVERY vehicle I look at.

Bumping this thread gets me thinking. I have no need for anything, but think I want a SUV/Truck. I enjoy my Camry, but like riding in a higher profile vehicle better.

I keep seeing that their will be a diesel Colorado, that'll be interesting.

We got in a couple of the Colorado's and called customers on them and they ended up buying a full size truck. Not much difference in MPG and price and A LOT more cab and bed room on a full size.

Yep, Penglynns is 100% correct, that's what I have to do with my '14 SE.

Blame Me, if you want some more info on rebates and incentives for the new Escape's, let me know. I'm a Finance Manager at a Ford Store here in Kansas, but I can look up rebates and such for ANY Ford/Lincoln vehicle as long as I have the VIN for the one your looking for, or if I have a comparable one on the lot. Then I just need YOUR Zip Code to find the rebates for your area.

Happy to help and answer questions about ANY Ford/Lincoln vehicles and about Finance. Just let me know!

Thank you Agent Jay, might just take you up on the offer.

Currently in negotiations with the boss (wife) on whether to go for an 2L 4WD SE. Equipment Group 201A or bite the bullet and go top spec on the Titanium, much research left to do as this would be the first time we've had a lease or bought a new car in this country.

11201 zip BTW.

Again thanks for the offer.

The Car Shopping Thread

Stopped and looked closer at the Sprinter vans today after running by the job.

Hard to excited about a work vehicle. But I did take a walk over and look at something a little more exciting.

S550 is a nice car!

We got in a couple of the Colorado's and called customers on them and they ended up buying a full size truck. Not much difference in MPG and price and A LOT more cab and bed room on a full size.

That surprises me. All of our Colorado's have sold immediately. To non full size buyers. Most of our full size customers will purchase full size instead. We've sold most of ours to housewives that currently have owned Equinox or Traverse and want some hauling room. But then again we are in a farm community. If a full size is needed they buy it.

As of earlier this morning, I'm the owner of a 2015 Subaru Legacy. I didn't want to get into an SUV at this time but needed all wheel drive, so in the 4 door sedan class, it was the Legacy vs. some of the "entry level" luxury cars: Audi A4, Lexus IS 250, and the BMW 428 Gran Coupe. I actually really like the BMW, even though it's called a coupe it has 4 doors and a hatchback for easy access into the trunk. But when it came down to it, the price of the BMW would have been about $20k more than the Subaru, and for 60% of the price of the BMW, I can get 80% of the features and performance in the Subaru. I'll take the $20k savings right now and invest that, and then buy a more "fun" car in a few years after we pay the Subaru off.

I went with the upper level trim on the 4 cylinder model, list price was just under $31k, negotiated them down to just over $28k. I got heated front and rear seats, Harmon Kardon sound system, navigation with adaptive cruise control, leather interior, and dual zone climate control, plus the trunk is easily big enough to carry golf clubs and all of the baby stuff for a road trip. I'm pretty happy with it, pictures to come soon.

Take your photos over to the Subaru Thread when you get them up! :)

As of earlier this morning, I'm the owner of a 2015 Subaru Legacy. I didn't want to get into an SUV at this time but needed all wheel drive, so in the 4 door sedan class, it was the Legacy vs. some of the "entry level" luxury cars: Audi A4, Lexus IS 250, and the BMW 428 Gran Coupe. I actually really like the BMW, even though it's called a coupe it has 4 doors and a hatchback for easy access into the trunk. But when it came down to it, the price of the BMW would have been about $20k more than the Subaru, and for 60% of the price of the BMW, I can get 80% of the features and performance in the Subaru. I'll take the $20k savings right now and invest that, and then buy a more "fun" car in a few years after we pay the Subaru off.

I went with the upper level trim on the 4 cylinder model, list price was just under $31k, negotiated them down to just over $28k. I got heated front and rear seats, Harmon Kardon sound system, navigation with adaptive cruise control, leather interior, and dual zone climate control, plus the trunk is easily big enough to carry golf clubs and all of the baby stuff for a road trip. I'm pretty happy with it, pictures to come soon.

A girl I work with has this exact vehicle, and LOVES it. I think you will too.

Back