Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade RSi 2 Irons

Bumping for the weekend hackers, this needs to stay near the top of the recent threads, Taylormade deserves some love and this is a great opportunity!

Bumping for the weekend hackers, this needs to stay near the top of the recent threads, Taylormade deserves some love and this is a great opportunity!

They really are a great company, and great people.

Not to mention you can't not like TM offerings. Going to be a fun follow and I enjoyed hitting Flog2424 set of RSi's at TopGolf. Wouldn't mind seeing what the RSi2's can do on the course.

Not to mention you can't not like TM offerings. Going to be a fun follow and I enjoyed hitting Flog2424 set of RSi's at TopGolf. Wouldn't mind seeing what the RSi2's can do on the course.

these are really easy to hit and the technology works. Even though I picked up a set of Srixon these are on my ponder list still. The deal I was able to finagle for the Srixons are the only reason these didn't make the bag yet

Thanks for chance to throw my hat in the ring THP!

1. What irons are you currently playing? Cleveland Altitudes

2. What shaft flex do you play? Regular
3. Describe your iron ball striking? Inconsistent but working on this weaker part of my game
4. What type of forgiveness do you look for in your irons? Maximum forgiveness across the face
5. Have you tested these irons? If so, what are your thoughts? I have not tested these irons. These are great looking irons and I look forward to the chance to test if selected

How is this thread not getting more love?

They are all that and a slice of bread, they look awesome too.

I've never hit a set of TM irons that I didn't like. People can criticize them for how often they release stuff, but their stuff works!

I'm really looking forward to this testing. These seem to be similar in size to the R11 irons which I loved! I've enjoyed the thread on the RSi 1's and really like what TaylorMade is doing with the entire RSi iron line.

Last TM iron I had the chance to hit were the speedblades and those almost became my current set...looking forward to this testing regardless if I am selected or not

These have more of a "players" look to them, which I love. Unfortunately I am a tad inconsistent with my ballstriking and can't afford to play an iron with a sweet spot the size of a dime! :act-up:
I am really excitedc about getting my hands on these to see if these slots help with mishits. Could be a total and complete game changer for me.

Saw these today at Dicks. Beautiful irons.

They really are sharp looking irons! Hawter than a two dollar pistol :bomb:

These have more of a "players" look to them, which I love. Unfortunately I am a tad inconsistent with my ballstriking and can't afford to play an iron with a sweet spot the size of a dime! :act-up:
I am really excitedc about getting my hands on these to see if these slots help with mishits. Could be a total and complete game changer for me.
I will say that irons of the past few years have managed to pack a TON of "game improvement" into some very compact irons. Callaway Apex, Cleveland's new CG Black irons, Titleist AP1's, while none would get mistaken for player's blades, do still manage rather trim profiles.

Don't get me wrong, if I do get the chance to test, I'm pretty confident I'll put their "mishits happen" to the test. But I think right now sweet spots are finding ways to expand far out of proportion to toplines and soles.

The RSi 2's look incredibly sharp, and are probably aimed at a more precise player than me. But the Apex irons have taught me that there's a ton of tech under the hood to help with imprecise strikes. Just now they're finding ways to make the hood smaller.

I will say that irons of the past few years have managed to pack a TON of "game improvement" into some very compact irons. Callaway Apex, Cleveland's new CG Black irons, Titleist AP1's, while none would get mistaken for player's blades, do still manage rather trim profiles.

Don't get me wrong, if I do get the chance to test, I'm pretty confident I'll put their "mishits happen" to the test. But I think right now sweet spots are finding ways to expand far out of proportion to toplines and soles.

The RSi 2's look incredibly sharp, and are probably aimed at a more precise player than me. But the Apex irons have taught me that there's a ton of tech under the hood to help with imprecise strikes. Just now they're finding ways to make the hood smaller.

Good thoughts here. Even though I'm a mid capper my iron play is the better part of my game. I would certainly enjoy seeing how these work for the average golfer.

Testers will be announced Monday.

I like Mondays...on THP

I went to Edwin Watts today and hit the RSi1 and they were awesome!

yes. I hit one out close to the toe in my fitting and it was barely noticeable. I think most people will like this setup and the one who get selected will be very happy IMO.

While I didn't get a chance to hit them, I did get to handle these at PGASS this afternoon. Definitely a compact shape, but they look terrific at address. With the regular flex shafts in them, the weighting felt just about perfect. One way or another, I look forward to getting a chance to hit these before long.

1. TaylorMade Tour Preferred CBs
2. KBS Tour Stiff + .25 inches
3. Fairly solid or violent as my swing coach would say. Misses towards the toe and low on face.
4. Toe forgiveness and low groove forgiveness.
5. No. I hit the RS1s and was not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow....I am truly sad that I can't sign up for this.
Since the only indoor range within 20 miles of me has closed, I just wouldn't be able to do the testing the justice it deserves.
Hopefully one will open up before winter ends. . . . . sigh.

Thanks to Taylor Made and THP for the testing. Below zero temps here means NO golf for a long time, so good luck to those chosen!

After hitting the RSi1's today I would love to have these in my bag.

I've wanted to try out a decent 2iron to replace my hybrid on some courses. This looks like it could fit the bill

1. What irons are you currently playing? Mizuno mp-53

2. What shaft flex do you play? S+ KBS customs

3. Describe your iron ball striking? Decent part of my game. Long irons need work

4. What type of forgiveness do you look for in your irons? Mostly some help in the longer irons to stabilize mishits off the turf

5. Have you tested these irons? If so, what are your thoughts? Not yet would love to test these out

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Back