UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

I had the same issue trying to find the 110s. I ended up ordering an 8i shaft and putting it in a club I had sitting around. A much cheaper option than buying a whole set and realizing they aren't right for you.

you are right, that could be an option for next summer

Based on the advice of a fitter, I am going to pick up some Recoil 95 with my new iron set. He also advised that I go graphite with my wedges. My question for Recoil users, would you go with the 110s in GW, SW, LW (which is what I am leaning towards as my pea brain thinks that 95g may be too light for wedges) or go 95g all the way through LW? Seems I have seen some posts where peeps are going with a little heavier shafts in their wedges.

Last edited:
I'd drop in 110's

When my wedges get replaced they are getting 125's and I'm playing 110's

First time swinging Recoil shafted clubs today. Put some Recoil 110s in my wedges the other day to compliment my iron set with Recoil 95s that will be here next week. I really liked my initial outing with them. Thought the shafts felt very smooth. F4 (stiff) in both wedges and iron set. Think I am really going to like them.

Scott,
How are your overall feelings with the Recoils in your irons after a few rounds?

Scott,
How are your overall feelings with the Recoils in your irons after a few rounds?
Sorry. Just saw this. I feel good about the shafts and my long term ability to succeed with them. Best of all, little to no left arm pain since I started using them. Just need to get my angle of attack straightened out and it will be all good. A little flat with my irons right now but not the shafts fault.

I just bought a set of the 95 recoils f3 to put in a new set of Srixon 545. Cant wait till I get both!

It's been about 4 months since I started playing the 110s in my MP15/850 Forged irons and I'm loving it. I've noticed that after hitting 200 balls I don't have any feeling of fatigue in my hands or arms. The feel that I have with these throughout the swing are second to none. I can really feel the shaft unloading at impact. The ball flight has maintained at a medium flight. I've seen some distance gains, but some of that is also due to me swinging the club better.

Really happy I made the switch to these. I was really skeptical at first because I had never played a graphite/composite iron shaft, but these are by far the best iron shafts I've played.

I just got a good deal on a BB 4 hybrid paired with a UST RECOIL 460 F4 shaft. Will be receiving it next week. What might I expect from this shaft. My SS is in the 95 to 100 MPH range.

Might be an epic skim, but, any thoughts of people who might be rocking the 680's?

Might be an epic skim, but, any thoughts of people who might be rocking the 680's?

They are the only ones I've played (as opposed to the 480's) and I've enjoyed them. Have them in the BB irons and you're more than welcome to spend some time with them next weekend.

I don't know enough about shafts to be able to speak to how they compare against others so I will just say that I enjoyed them.

So I am confused. Being unable to demo anything with a Recoil in it, I have a couple questions....

Whats the difference between the 660/670/680 series? Just weight profile and torque?

Is a 670 F4 going to play similar to a 680 F4? Main difference being torque and weight?

Online Fitting puts me into a Recoil 110 or a Prototype 95 (both in stiff) (based on 6 iron distance, a wish for distance & control, and a medium to high ball flight). Would something in say a 680 be in the same range?

So I am confused. Being unable to demo anything with a Recoil in it, I have a couple questions....

Whats the difference between the 660/670/680 series? Just weight profile and torque?

Is a 670 F4 going to play similar to a 680 F4? Main difference being torque and weight?

Online Fitting puts me into a Recoil 110 or a Prototype 95 (both in stiff) (based on 6 iron distance, a wish for distance & control, and a medium to high ball flight). Would something in say a 680 be in the same range?

As I understand it and as it was explained to me, the 600 series will give a higher ball flight and the weights are different based on the 600 model you chose. Online shows the torque differences for each as well.

The 95/110 & 95/110 protos are a mid ball flight and obviously heavier with the torque raining for each.

It's going to come down to ball flight preference and weight IMO as I demoed the 600 series and the 95/110 and the torque didn't really make much of a difference FOR ME. I want to emphasize for me bc I know we are all different.

Sent a quick tweet to UST Mamiya today, and here is what I got back:

Recoil 660/670/680 will play similar with mid-high ball flight. Recoil 95/110/125 will be heavier with a mid ball flight.

Im thinking of putting the 460 or 660 in f3 or f4 in my Karsten Iron/Hybrids. I hit apex in f4 and a big bertha in f3. Hit both well. Leaning toward the f3 for more height. No fitters with Recoils anywhere near my area. :banghead:

Hey guys, first post. My custom fitter has me in the 808's f4s. I have not seen a lot of reviews or remarks on this site on the 808s. Before pulling the trigger, I would love some feedback if you have any.

I play Ping I20's with CFS lite Stiff today., Swing speed 95 to 100. Looking for higher trajectory and staying with the I20's. Any thoughts on the 800 series would be appreciated.

Thx.

Really solid shafts. They are quite stable through the entire swing.

I tried these for the first time yesterday F4 S flex, 82 grams, in an Apex Pro 6i head and holy crap they're nice! I picked up 8mph swing speed with the 6i and was averaging a little over 102mph which is nuts! I'm seriously considering selling my clubs and getting the Apex Pros asap.

hello all,

first post on here, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in this thread, reading the 77 pages of opinions and test results I decided to pull the trigger on a set of recoils to replace my C-tapers and played a round yesterday and I gotta say I love these shafts.

Last edited:
hello all,

first post on here, and I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in this thread, reading the 7 pages of opinions and test results I decided to pull the trigger on a set of recoils to replace my C-tapers and played a round yesterday and I gotta say I love these shafts.
Congrats on the new shafts and welcome to THP!

Recoil 110 are the answer to my needs

I've been pondering the Recoil 110 prototype iron shafts for a few days now. Having really enjoyed the 125 protos, but preferring something a bit lighter, I think that's the ticket.

I really want to give graphite another shot and it seems like the recoil profile is as good as it will get for me without spending incredible amounts of money.... That is, assuming I can actually find a decent set of these.

The 110 Protos in F4 are really haunting my thoughts lately. I'm a huge fan of my current shafts but am ever curious about the graphite potential.

I just wish these types of shafts were more accessible. It's hard to dive right in at $600.

Quick question. New apex irons with either recoil 95 or 680 shafts are in my future. I haven't hit graphite shafted irons in a loooong time. One thing I distinctly remember is it feeling like a 10lbs weight on the end of a shaft. I assume technology has caught up and this is no longer an issue but would like someone who has hit them to confirm that for me maybe? I'm moving from 110g tour v shafts so I wouldn't think the 95g would be enough to make it feel "endloaded" but would the 85g 860's possibly do that?

Sorry for the graphite shafted irons noob question.

Back