The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do people pick up the term "I seen"?

I had to correct coworkers today about 7 times.

Maybe it's because my father instilled in me the value of proper English but this term just drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That drives me crazy too. I know I could learn a lot in the grammar department, but things like that have always annoyed me. Double negatives are another BIG pet peeve of mine.

I bet all you grammar experts cringe every time I post

That drives me crazy too. I know I could learn a lot in the grammar department, but things like that have always annoyed me. Double negatives are another BIG pet peeve of mine.

You need to follow @grammarly on twitter. Love that feed. My wife is a writer and turned me onto it. Enjoy!

JM

Ok,
I was just thoroughly surprised!
Someone from my past just shows up at my door
someone I've held a grudge against for over 15 years.
Someone who drove 16 hours to be here to see a mutual friend.
People change, heck, maybe sometimes for the better...

Maybe some time for self reflection, to change the way I think about many things.
Maybe it's time to forgive and forget.

Sorry. Ramble over

Have an awesome night everyone!

Where do people pick up the term "I seen"?

I had to correct coworkers today about 7 times.

Maybe it's because my father instilled in me the value of proper English but this term just drives me crazy.
That's nuts, JRod. Everyone knows the correct phrase is I sawed.

Ok,
I was just thoroughly surprised!
Someone from my past just shows up at my door
someone I've held a grudge against for over 15 years.
Someone who drove 16 hours to be here to see a mutual friend.
People change, heck, maybe sometimes for the better...

Maybe some time for self reflection, to change the way I think about many things.
Maybe it's time to forgive and forget.

Sorry. Ramble over

Have an awesome night everyone!

Had the same happen to me a couple months back. A bad fall out, but they redeemed theirselves with a note and a handshake. Hope you're in the same boat paddling together.

You need to follow @grammarly on twitter. Love that feed. My wife is a writer and turned me onto it. Enjoy!

JM

I follow their Facebook page. It's one of my favorite pages!

10712973_10152757151513682_5844870063804450232_n.jpg

I think I'm getting towing big trucks semis and the like down, it's a lot easier that I originally thought.

When you stop drinking during the week......and then make a drink on the weekend.......one drink and I'm feeling good. This is gonna be a LONG day. Hahaha

When you stop drinking during the week......and then make a drink on the weekend.......one drink and I'm feeling good. This is gonna be a LONG day. Hahaha

You mean entertaining day on THP. LOL

You mean entertaining day on THP. LOL

Oh boy....just wait until the Cowboys game tomorrow.

#alcoholtalking

Oh boy....just wait until the Cowboys game tomorrow.

#alcoholtalking

I can't wait for the obligatory Jman post "Go Home Cookie, you're drunk"

Ha, funny about stopping drinking during the week. I did the same myself and it definitely turns me into a cheaper date. It's time to get back in shale and I figure the hundreds of calories could be cut.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol since...Tuesday. That's essentially quitting for me.

Day 1 of potty training for my 2.5 yr old. I've been dreading this day for so long.
Tomorrow is the driving test. They grow up way too fast.

Day 1 of potty training for my 2.5 yr old. I've been dreading this day for so long.

Ooof. Good luck.

Another week, another first date. Maybe this won't be a 3-putt bogey like the one last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back