Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

i will take 7 extra yards every day of the week and twice on the days i play. can't wait to do a more in depth fitting with my fitter to see what this driver has in it.

Please keep in mind I am not a numbers guy. I'm still fairly new to the game and I have no clue if these are even close to ideal for what I need to be hitting at my SS but I did a little short comparison with the i25 and thought I'd share.

i25 10* loft, PWR 65 stiff shaft
815 9.5* loft, Speeder stiff 565 stiff.

Not the best comparison cause I did hit a few over into the imaginary woods but here are my numbers.
196e48d78faca5771059ff322e9c75fd.jpg

Bertha isn't as long but the miss hits were still in play. The forgiveness of this club is unreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add that the core was down with the heavier weight on the toe

Please keep in mind I am not a numbers guy. I'm still fairly new to the game and I have no clue if these are even close to ideal for what I need to be hitting at my SS but I did a little short comparison with the i25 and thought I'd share.

i25 10* loft, PWR 65 stiff shaft
815 9.5* loft, Speeder stiff 565 stiff.

Not the best comparison cause I did hit a few over into the imaginary woods but here are my numbers.
196e48d78faca5771059ff322e9c75fd.jpg

Bertha isn't as long but the miss hits were still in play. The forgiveness of this club is unreal!

I amazed at the low spin numbers you get with the i25. With those numbers the Alpha is not out performing the i25. You get alot of roll with the Ping and the carry is the same. Your bad swings are similar and your good ones are better with the i25. No contest for me.

I amazed at the low spin numbers you get with the i25. With those numbers the Alpha is not out performing the i25. You get alot of roll with the Ping and the carry is the same. Your bad swings are similar and your good ones are better with the i25. No contest for me.
Disagree. The dispersion is tighter with the 815 Alpha. Low spin is great for everybody.

Haven't hit the i25 outside and I love what the Bertha does outside so it will be fun to see which one I like better. The 815 all around just sounds better and feels better on impact. I would love to have a shaft fitting to see what I really should be using.

Disagree. The dispersion is tighter with the 815 Alpha. Low spin is great for everybody.

-10 i25 vs -17 alpha offline, not sure what you are seeing

-10 i25 vs -17 alpha offline, not sure what you are seeing
I see that now. I thought it read 19*. That's what I get for not zooming in. At the same time, I don't entirely trust the foresight g2c when it's set up as a simulator.

Forgot to add that the core was down with the heavier weight on the toe

If I had the heavier weight on the toe, I would hook the ball.
I'm playing 1 in the toe and 9 in the heel. Just adding the 2 ounces in the heel, has really straighten my driver out. Haven't been pushing my drives like I am prone to.

I'm playing 1 in the toe and 9 in the heel. Just adding the 2 ounces in the heel, has really straighten my driver out. Haven't been pushing my drives like I am prone to.

I do hook pretty bad sometimes but it's always due to a horrific swing. The toe weight gives me a nice draw on a well struck shot.

I am confused. You say heavy weight in toe causes you to hook to much and heavy weight in heel corrects that. That is the opposite of the ball flight to be expected.

Yeah that is a bit odd. Unless his impact is out more on the toe and gets the ole toe-draw. If I hit it out there I typically get a lower launching low spin draw.

Heavier weight on the toe should cause the toe to drag and cause a slight fade.
Heavier weight in the heel should cause the heel to drag, giving the shot a slight draw curve.

I also have a very inconsistent swing so take it for what it's worth. I

Going to try +1 (11.5) and core up tomorrow to see what happens. Have only hit a couple of balls with core up so not really sure how it is going to treat me. Only one way to find out.

Just got one of these today (for a killer deal too) - couldn't be happier , best investment I've made in a while - so much so I have no desire at this moment to upgrade my irons (which I had planned to do this weekend) haha

Just got one of these today (for a killer deal too) - couldn't be happier , best investment I've made in a while - so much so I have no desire at this moment to upgrade my irons (which I had planned to do this weekend) haha

Was a driver change in the plan at all or did you just like what you saw after hitting it?

Was a driver change in the plan at all or did you just like what you saw after hitting it?

Honestly it was 100% based on what I saw after hitting it several times - I loved the 913, but I saw better numbers, i thought it had better feel, and combined with increased forgiveness on less than stellar swings, I couldn't wait to put it in my bag

Honestly it was 100% based on what I saw after hitting it several times - I loved the 913, but I saw better numbers, i thought it had better feel, and combined with increased forgiveness on less than stellar swings, I couldn't wait to put it in my bag

Being a 913 user, did you try out the 915? If so how did it compare? I've yet to hit one.

Might manage to finally sneak out today, will be interesting to put this one up against my gamer finally.

Interested to hear your results James.
What shaft did you go with in the 815?
And how does it compare to your current gamer shaft?

Got confirmation today of a deal with Callaway, next week I will be fittet to the right shaft and then I will get the 815 Alpha too. Litterally cannot wait!!

I'll get back to you after the shaft fitting with any findings

Interested to hear your results James.
What shaft did you go with in the 815?
And how does it compare to your current gamer shaft?

Same shaft, 2015 Diamana S+ 60, 815 at 12.0 and Vapor Pro at 12.5. As even ground as I can make it. I'm looking forward to this one.

Being a 913 user, did you try out the 915? If so how did it compare? I've yet to hit one.

I have hit the 915 a lot as well, that was a driver I had considered purchasing - but after several different head/shaft combos, I couldn't quite get the same numbers I was getting with the Callaway

Between the two, it was almost indistinguishable as far as consistency - both (for me) were very very accurate drivers - I don't try to make s habit of working the ball one way or another, but I saw no problems with either there either

I loved the feel of the 913, and Titlest improved on that with the 915 - to me, the 815 has them beat there and with sound, especially on mishits - I had a guy come up to me yesterday at the range ask what I was hitting because he loved the sound of it hahaha

Back