The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. It sounds like far too many people call it pop. I need to start a movement to change that.

I will get the exact dates here this week from the wife. I am riding shotgun to a conference she has.

Let me know. During the week I take it, since it's a conference? Hopefully it's not a tournament day for Gracie.

Kevin

Let me know. During the week I take it, since it's a conference? Hopefully it's not a tournament day for Gracie.

Kevin

We are making an entire 10 day trip out of it thats just the excuse we are using. We both the Greater Milwaukee area.

But not cheesehead Wisconsin?

No I like that state actually. Other than Packer fans.

Some people actually did a study a few years ago to see what parts of the country used the terms soda, pop, and cola. Results below:

popvssodamap.gif

Ok, I've heard of Pop and Soda, but calling a sprite a coke is mind bottling. I'm talking to you southerners. And WTC is the "Other" term? Fizzy drink?

Lol at the south calling it Coke. Even if that's only a brand. SODA!

We are making an entire 10 day trip out of it thats just the excuse we are using. We both the Greater Milwaukee area.

No I like that state actually. Other than Packer fans.

Sweet. A WI vacation. We'll definitely figure something out, then.

Nice try Nate. Everyone knows WI rocks and MN doesn't. MI? Well......, not good.

Kevin

Sweet. A WI vacation. We'll definitely figure something out, then.

Nice try Nate. Everyone knows WI rocks and MN doesn't. MI? Well......, not good.

Kevin

We can agree on MI. But MN rocks, dude.

It's lots of fun when you move around the country. In Houston where I grew up, everything was a coke. If you asked someone to bring you a coke they would ask what kind. If I ask for a coke up here, I'm getting a coke no matter what I really wanted. Had to learn to say soda.

1.) NUUN Is NOT good at all....

2.) Sioux Falls, SD and the entire state of SD calls it Pop for that matter

Homework is a champion. I ignore it more than anything else on Earth, yet it complains far less than any girlfriend I've ever had. Weird.

I can't believe people actually call it pop. It sounds so funny. My family in Ohio said that.

I've never called it that. Do they do it out West? Or just the middle of the country?
I've always called it pop. My wife calls it soda, but she lived in California for 23 years. I think I started a what do you call it thread a long time ago. Think I'll look it up and bump it!

EDIT: Guess I didn't start it!

I've always called it pop. My wife calls it soda, but she lived in California for 23 years. I think I started a what do you call it thread a long time ago. Think I'll look it up and bump it!

EDIT: Guess I didn't start it!

I found a soda thread, but I don't think it's about what you call it.

Me and the girl I was talking to yesterday are now texting regularly. It's a start.

Why the heck am I telling you guys this, lol.

Me and the girl I was talking to yesterday are now texting regularly. It's a start.

Nice dude. Congrats I guess? Keep at it. And get a date. Plus some.

Heck, you're probably telling everybody.:act-up:

532713_426077077421751_205344452828349_1529806_1298193642_n.jpg

Translate and LOL.

Nah, just ya'll, actually. That's odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back