TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
Guys/Gals, just wondered if I could broaden the discussion a little as to golf gloves.

I've been using Wilson Staff Pro Soft for about a year & have been generally happy with them. My teaching pro recommended I try Footjoy, so on the weekend I bought a couple of SciFlex gloves.

I'd be interested what gloves you wear & your experiences good or bad.

(Josh, you mentioned Bionic Gloves. I'd be interested in your comments as to why you've chosen them.)

Moved this to its own thread. I actually had never used the Bionic Glove until they sent me a couple to review. The new gloves being released conform to USGA rules which was nice to hear. I will have the review up hopefully before the end of the week.

I have worn footjoy gloves for as long as I can remember, they seem to hold up better than most of the gloves I have tried in the past.

I wear the PING M-Fit gloves. They feel about the same as the FJ StaySof (maybe a tad thicker), but fit my hand a little better.

You are a Ping Guy...

You are a Ping Guy...

Definitely. But not by conscious choice. It just keeps happening that I like their products best for me. When I went looking for irons two years ago, I went to about 5 demo days before buying. I had no intention of buying PING - I had been seduced by the chrome and marketing of TaylorMade, Titleist, Callaway, etc. But I promised myself that I would try everything. And I kept coming back to the i5s.

Same thing happened with my driver - numerous demo days and I was set on the PING G5. I had demo'd it with about 10 different shafts and had the exact one picked out. Walking out of the demo day, I decided to hit the Nike SQ SuMo with the stock shaft. One swing and I knew it was the club for me.

Haven't once regretted those choices.

I know what you mean. I have 5-6 different brands in my bag. I had my heart set on the g10 hybrids, but ended up with Wilson Staff. I hit them all blind. not looking at logos. And can you believe they cost more than the Pings? I couldnt.

Shouldnt we be on topic....:wink:

That's why I have two totally different drivers...

That's why I have two totally different drivers...

You and Philly Mick!

(It must be a left-handers' thing.)

leftorium_400.jpg

Definitely. But not by conscious choice. It just keeps happening that I like their products best for me. When I went looking for irons two years ago, I went to about 5 demo days before buying. I had no intention of buying PING - I had been seduced by the chrome and marketing of TaylorMade, Titleist, Callaway, etc. But I promised myself that I would try everything. And I kept coming back to the i5s.

Haven't once regretted those choices.

I didn't realise your relationship with Ping, Harry. Sorry about calling Ping irons butt ugly. I'm sure they have a good personality. :snicker:

I didn't realise your relationship with Ping, Harry. Sorry about calling Ping irons butt ugly. I'm sure they have a good personality. :snicker:

No worries. They weren't on my original "to demo" list because I thought they were ugly too . . . until I hit them.

No worries. They weren't on my original "to demo" list because I thought they were ugly too . . . until I hit them.

Not that it means anything but I didn't even know Ping made gloves. But the PING M-Fit gloves are good hey?

Not that it means anything but I didn't even know Ping made gloves. But the PING M-Fit gloves are good hey?

I like them. They seem to fit my hand shape better than FJs. And they seem to last about the same. But I'm not extremely picky about gloves.

Guys/Gals, just wondered if I could broaden the discussion a little as to golf gloves.

I've been using Wilson Staff Pro Soft for about a year & have been generally happy with them. My teaching pro recommended I try Footjoy, so on the weekend I bought a couple of SciFlex gloves.

I liked the sciflex gloves but they didnt seem to hold up in the florida weather. The most durable glove I have found is a Callaway glove... cant remember what the exact model it is but it has sphynxx (?sp) written on the finger. Im too lazy to get up and verify.

I use the Taylormade Targa Tour. I've had the same glove for countless trips to the range, practice at home and tens of rounds without the slightest hint of wear.

Right now I have 2 Nike Dri-Fit Tours in my bag, and 2 Ping M-Fits. The M-fits are my go to glove, but I'm trying new gloves this winter to see if anything beats out the M-Fit. The Nikes are very close.

Back