Reshaft Or Whole New Driver?

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. I am tired of constantly swinging the club as slow as I can so the shaft does whip and I slice. I can only hit a straight ball when I swing slow, so I want to upgrade to a stiff shaft.

I really like my Nike Driver and to re-shaft it it would cost a total of $66. Or I have a brand new Tour Burner lined up for $187.00 CAD.

I also have an FT-3 on the way to my house right now w/ a prolaunch blue, but that will be more of a trading club, because it is 10.5* loft with the blue so I would hit the ball way too high.

I know this seems like a logical answer, but In a way I also kind of want a change. What would you do? Reshaft your old driver to save money, or look for something new?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma right now. I am tired of constantly swinging the club as slow as I can so the shaft does whip and I slice. I can only hit a straight ball when I swing slow, so I want to upgrade to a stiff shaft.

I really like my Nike Driver and to re-shaft it it would cost a total of $66. Or I have a brand new Tour Burner lined up for $187.00 CAD.

I also have an FT-3 on the way to my house right now w/ a prolaunch blue, but that will be more of a trading club, because it is 10.5* loft with the blue so I would hit the ball way too high.

I know this seems like a logical answer, but In a way I also kind of want a change. What would you do? Reshaft your old driver to save money, or look for something new?

take the ft-3 and reshaft with a heavier V2 shaft to knock the flight down... just my .02 cents

Do you say this because the FT-3 has such a hot face? Is it a bomber :D?

its not as long at the ft5 but its a nice stick for sure... personally, I think you'll get more control from the ft3 versus the tour burner

its not as long at the ft5 but its a nice stick for sure... personally, I think you'll get more control from the ft3 versus the tour burner

Good suggestion DD, but I think like they said all the time on the other forum "try em out" I have an appointment across the city wednesday where the golf store is, so I think I'll try the FT-3 with a different shaft, a Nike Driver with a different shaft, and the Tour Burner.

Good suggestion DD, but I think like they said all the time on the other forum "try em out" I have an appointment across the city wednesday where the golf store is, so I think I'll try the FT-3 with a different shaft, a Nike Driver with a different shaft, and the Tour Burner.

yeah, obviously... I'm just trying to save you coin. If money isn't an issue swing away and go with what works best.

yeah, obviously... I'm just trying to save you coin. If money isn't an issue swing away and go with what works best.

I know what you mean, Well it kind of is and kind of isn't, I mean I am saving up for a car, and I don't really need 3 drivers. I'm thinking my best option is to sell the FT-3 or trade it for something I actually like. I really don't want to re-shaft it if I can re-shaft my Nike.

I know what you mean, Well it kind of is and kind of isn't, I mean I am saving up for a car, and I don't really need 3 drivers. I'm thinking my best option is to sell the FT-3 or trade it for something I actually like. I really don't want to re-shaft it if I can re-shaft my Nike.

yeah, I'd go ebay... don't bother trading in because you'll get nothing for that driver.

Id say reshaft.

yeah, I'd go ebay... don't bother trading in because you'll get nothing for that driver.

Your right, I looked it up and can only get $42.00. It's in such good condition I think I can get more than what I payed for it. I got a steal. I think I'll sell it and get two new wedges.

Id say reshaft.

I think that's a good idea, I can't let that driver go. It's such a good stick.

I say reshaft too. If you like your driver but need something that is more for your swingspeed, I think a stiffer shaft would be the way to go.

Just trade in all that stuff and get a DYMO :D

Hey I was gunna say that! :angry:

But to stay on topic, I'd say reshaft the Nike if you really like the head, if not wait for the FT-3 and the TB and try those and move from there.

Hey I was gunna say that! :angry:

But to stay on topic, I'd say reshaft the Nike if you really like the head, if not wait for the FT-3 and the TB and try those and move from there.

I actually came to my senses and cancelled the Burner order. I tried it once before and didn't like it that much, plus, all the reviews I have read said the ball launches high, which I don't want. It was basically an impulse buy because of the price.

Dent what shaft are you using now, what are you looking at?

Dent what shaft are you using now, what are you looking at?

Well to be honest I am a real fuss and was looking at the Proforce V2 because I thought it had Low launch, but it is only classified as mid. I liked it the most cause it "Matched" my driver. Now I am looking at either the Prolaunch Red, or the Aldila NV 65.

I am currently using the Stock Nike Shaft in Reg flex.

I actually came to my senses and cancelled the Burner order. I tried it once before and didn't like it that much, plus, all the reviews I have read said the ball launches high, which I don't want. It was basically an impulse buy because of the price.

What kind of club ho are you? You can't go canceling orders like that, it goes against the ho creed:D

What kind of club ho are you? You can't go canceling orders like that, it goes against the ho creed:D

When your Paycheck comes out and it is way less than you expected, you gotta. Rule #4 MO come on.

Rule 4:

"If your paycheck is way less than you expected cancel the order."

I'm just jacking with you, really I think you would be better off just reshafting your current driver. Of course this is coming from a guy who is using a driver from '05, not exactly a club ho myself.

I'm just jacking with you, really I think you would be better off just reshafting your current driver. Of course this is coming from a guy who is using a driver from '05, not exactly a club ho myself.

You will get a driver;

jedi-entrepreneur-mind-trick.jpg

You can always buy My FT-3 MO :D But after reading these rules, we should make a handbook for club hos to abide by. Sounds really good.

Back