Bama and his swings....Comments?

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
I am getting ready to take some lessons and this is (more or less) where I will be starting from. I have gotten away from the handsy taken away....Any comments greatly appreciated.....(Swing Academy Links at bottom)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_x9R0HDKfGE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_x9R0HDKfGE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fwBafv5Fv5M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fwBafv5Fv5M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Swing Academy Links
Iron-FO
Iron-DL
Driver-FO
Driver-DL

Last edited:
For starters, it's tricky to analyze swings at full speed...I would recommend www.swingacademy.com then come back here and repost them...it's very nice, you can slow it down and stop it and such. And it's free. :smile:

Amollerud just got home from the Transitions, but will be on tonight and tomorrow to take a look.

For starters, it's tricky to analyze swings at full speed...I would recommend www.swingacademy.com then come back here and repost them...it's very nice, you can slow it down and stop it and such. And it's free. :smile:

thanks for the advice...I signed up and uploaded them...(in 4 parts)
now..how do I link them?? embedded?? normal link?? thx
bama

thanks for the advice...I signed up and uploaded them...(in 4 parts)
now..how do I link them?? embedded?? normal link?? thx
bama

Normal link is fine, we can follow it. :smile:

Since this is in the Ask the Pro section, lets leave the first round of comments to Amollerud now that the videos are up.

Over all bama the swing looks pretty good. If you are looking for a full eval some shots with contact and flight would be helpful. A couple of little things that I would address just from the video are as follows.....
1. At set up I would like a slightly narrower stance. I want the feet should width apart. I would like you to place a club in your armpit and drop it straight down...it should hit the inside edge of both of your feet.
2. I would like to see less hands in the takeaway. It apears that you set you hands a touch too quick. Work on a slow and low takeaway and try and let the hands try to set once the club reaches about hip high.
3. (and last for now). I would like to see less hip action through the shot. Your hips are real quick to clear and drive through the shots. Try to keep them in check and let the big muscles of the back and upper torso uncoil. Try hitting balls with your feet together to get the feel of this move. I hope this helps and let me know how this works!

Good advice. I don't want to highjack but I thought I was going to see President Obama's swing in this thread.:bulgy-eyes:

Over all bama the swing looks pretty good. If you are looking for a full eval some shots with contact and flight would be helpful.
Thanks..I will see about getting those vids....

1. At set up I would like a slightly narrower stance. I want the feet should width apart. I would like you to place a club in your armpit and drop it straight down...it should hit the inside edge of both of your feet.
ok..easy enough...What exactly does this gain me??
2. I would like to see less hands in the takeaway. It appears that you set you hands a touch too quick. Work on a slow and low takeaway and try and let the hands try to set once the club reaches about hip high.
I have been working on this one....I noticed that first thing when I made these about 6 weeks ago...
3. (and last for now). I would like to see less hip action through the shot. Your hips are real quick to clear and drive through the shots. Try to keep them in check and let the big muscles of the back and upper torso uncoil. Try hitting balls with your feet together to get the feel of this move. I hope this helps and let me know how this works!
thanks for the tips.....It is greatly appreciated.....

oh...forgot...how does the swing plane look?? Is it flat enough??

If you get too wide at setup you will have a restriced takeaway. The narrower stance will allow you a proper shoulder turn and help you get a bigger coil which translates to a bigger turn and longer shots.

Back