thebread

professional lurker
Reaction score
Handicap
FIR
Hello
Could some kind soul please explain to me the difference between the 4dx UT and 4dx hybrids? Is it more so like a wood(im only guessing like that as im going by the lofts of the UT comparing more to standard woods vs hybrids)? Anyone hit them or carry one in their bag?
Thanks

Sure thing - I've answered this one in another thread, here's the post:

I can answer this one

The 4DX IW is a traditional hybrid, with iron lofts and shaft length.

The 4DX UT (discontinued) is a fairway wood replacement with a head size between the fairway wood and hybrid. Lofting is the same as a fairway wood, as is shaft length. They will play about a club shorter than the equivalent fairway wood, but produce more spin so are easier to stop on approach shots.

That's why I have a 4DX UT #4, it takes the place of a #5 fairway for me.

super
thats great to know.
thanks for taking the time to answer my question

No problem. The first time, it was buried down in the thread a ways and not easy to find.

so all they while I thought my #3+ 4dx ut was a hybrid even though the head was a little larger and the shaft was a little thicker... but these are more of a mix between a hybrid and fairway wood...?

That is correct. They do not make this line anymore.

Sorry to bump this again but I have another question about this line...

my #3+ is pretty close to what I feel I would get from a 5 wood..
what would the #5 in the UT equal... 3i..?

Sorry to bump this again but I have another question about this line...

my #3+ is pretty close to what I feel I would get from a 5 wood..
what would the #5 in the UT equal... 3i..?

For me, my UT #4 plays like a #5 Fairway, so a #5 would be about a #7 Fairway or so.

For me, my UT #4 plays like a #5 Fairway, so a #5 would be about a #7 Fairway or so.

thank you Osahar...
the club is $39 I think I'll get it..

I have the 17* (I think the 4FW) of the 3dx UT and it does play like a 5-wood. Very high and soft landing. The only issue is that the club is a VERY shallow face making it tough to use from the tee-box unless you just drop it on the ground and play it from there. For about 6-months it was my go-to club for all second shots on par 5's, very versitle and great deal for the price, worth every penny and more.

I got about 220 from the 4FW which is about a 5-wood for me.

The UT has always been confusing to a lot of consumers as well as retailers. Is it is fairway wood, is it a hybrid? People don't know. So they are confused as to what they are buying.

Those clubs however are very, very popular in lots of Asian markets, and that is what a large majority of all UT clubs have been developed for.

www.nickentgolf.com

Back